Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Arcadian Atlas: FFT/Tactics Ogre inspired RPG

Galdred

Studio Draconis
Patron
Developer
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I like the art style, and the sibling dev is a cool angle, even thought it has not always worked too well in the past (Confederate Express...), and I would totally play a PC game inspired by FFT or Tactics Ogre.
Good luck with your KS!

breakfast

Arcadian Atlas Developer
Developer
Thank you guys for the overwhelming support!! We've managed to reach over 10% funded our first day. :M

I stalk the night
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin 2
Good luck on the kickstarter, still a bit on the edge but might back this up.

"Status points" just keeps triggering me :negative:

rashiakas

Cipher
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
I hope the sprites aren't supposed to have walking animations all the time? Looks wrong when they don't move.

Antigoon

Augur
Will certainly back later, but your rewards are a bit..weird?! You are offering physical rewards like a cloth map for already 55, art books, buttons, tarot cards, but no physical version of the game itself? No collectors box? Also: Judging from other campaigns, offering alpha/beta access was always a great selling point.
Edit: No manual included in the < 55 tiers?

Plane Escapee

Your friend
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Backed.

This way toned-down anime* art-style actually looks better than the art-style of most Western isometric RPGs. The combat and character progression also appears adequately complex to be enjoyable.

Developers seem both sincere and competent. I really hope it turns out as good as it looks.

I never played any JRPGs apart from Pokémon and a few bad ports on my iPad though if this turns out good, I could imagine it being my gateway drug to finally get into tactical JRPGs.

*not sure if right usage?

Ninjerk

Arcane
It communicates speed-altering effects quite well compared to having small, low-res icons floating about the character.

Murk

Arcane
They serve their utility purpose well, and the walk-in-place as 'healthy' condition is totally fine to me. Better than than having many floating icons over a character's head. They also give good contrast to characters that are charging, stopped, defending, etc. Those all have their own animations, but with a clearer contrast it's easier to spot (especially if facing away from camera.)

I have enjoyed the detail of the discussion in this thread. Pitched in at the 20 dollar tier. Wish you all luck on your endeavor!

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
breakfast a small "kickstarted advice" from my experience:
If you release two updates in two days people kind of expect one of them to have somewhat different info/contents than the other.
It's great that you enjoy the good start but one update was enough for that imo, the second one could've at least some more screenshots or something.

I know it sounds trivial but stuff like that matter in kickstarter..

breakfast

Arcadian Atlas Developer
Developer
Sorry about that! Hopefully today's update was an improvement over the last one. I have a feeling this whole KS campaign is going to be a process of learning & getting better at it until it's over.

Noticed quite a few contributions coming from this direction, thank you guys so much! We're chugging along slow & steady (we broke 20% funded last night!).

One place we aren't doing quite as well is Steam Greenlight. We didn't really advertise going live there for fear it would take away from the Kickstarter attention. If you want to see Arcadian Atlas available on Steam, a Yes vote over there would mean a ton!

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Sorry about that! Hopefully today's update was an improvement over the last one. I have a feeling this whole KS campaign is going to be a process of learning & getting better at it until it's over.

Noticed quite a few contributions coming from this direction, thank you guys so much! We're chugging along slow & steady (we broke 20% funded last night!).

One place we aren't doing quite as well is Steam Greenlight. We didn't really advertise going live there for fear it would take away from the Kickstarter attention. If you want to see Arcadian Atlas available on Steam, a Yes vote over there would mean a ton!

That was a mistake. That you were going on Steam Greenlight should be plastered everywhere.

Ironmonk

Augur

You should add both links (kickstarter and Greenlight) as your signature, so every post of yours have the links nice and easy for everyone to see.

breakfast

Arcadian Atlas Developer
Developer
Somebody's got a big ol' gaudy new signature thanks to your suggestions! ;)

breakfast

Arcadian Atlas Developer
Developer
DONE. :cool:

Have you guys listened to the tracks our musician Moritz P.G. Katz made for the game?
i want our game to fund if only just to get the full soundtrack made! +M

vonAchdorf

Arcane
I like the soundtrack, even though the guy looks like a hipster :D Good luck with your campaign.

zeitgeist

Magister
Can you build your own party or are you forced to play as Mary Sue and the bishie boys?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom