Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Arcadian Atlas: FFT/Tactics Ogre inspired RPG

breakfast

Arcadian Atlas Developer
Developer
Vashti (the main character) or Des (the other main character) will be required for all battles but other than that your party will consist of whichever other semi-main characters and customized soldiers you want for any particular battle.

There's an awesome feature that just got posted on RPGWatch about us! Check it out to learn a little bit more about the team.

Also, Ken Levine's got our back!

screen_shot_2016_04_14_at_12_39_29_pm_by_bbreakfast-d9z0bzk.png

screen_shot_2016_04_14_at_12_39_41_pm_by_bbreakfast-d9z0bzx.png

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

breakfast

Arcadian Atlas Developer
Developer
Hahahaha!
I can't.. comment on that...

BUT hey, how about a Destructoid article? That's pretty legitimizing!

Also, today we unlocked enough achievements during our KS campaign to reveal a sneak peek at our NEW job class!
Introducing.... (Work in progress, sprites will be finished via livestream!)

The DRUID

Druids are masters of nature, weaving elemental forces, commanding creatures of the earth, and bending the land to fight for them. Mother nature is a powerful ally, and no one knows that better than the druid.

SwiftCrack

Arcane
Voted, shared, followed, etc. on Greenlight for now, I'll hold on to my shekels for a week or two more.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Could you talk a little bit about classes and if you can combine job skills and such like in FFT?

Taskityo

Educated
Will keep an eye on this - breakfast. Liking the art style and digging the music.

Taking a guess the oddball class like Arithmetician/Calculator is something ya'll want to add with more funding, mebe. Math Skills baby.

latest

breakfast

Arcadian Atlas Developer
Developer
For job classes we will offer the same type of 2 class skill equipment (Current class + one other) system, but the difference is that you won't likely be as inclined to jump around from job class to job class like you would in FFT since our game encourages you to make permanent decisions for your hired soldiers. So you may want a fighter-based character to have something fun and random like summon magic for their second equipped ability, but it wouldn't make for the best combo in battle.

Calculators are a pretty hard job class to design & keep balanced. They were always one of my favorite job classes because of their unique abilities, but I also felt they were one of the ways FFT ran off the Balance Train rails. We're definitely not opposed to implementing a character similar to them, but it's something that would need to be done very cautiously. But the good news is we are still early in the job class design stage so we're always scouting the comments section for clever ideas we can use in the game, so keep these job class and skill ideas coming and we'll soak 'em up like sponges!

In other news: Our composer Moritz has shared an awesome new behind-the-scenes video and AMAZING new song over on our Kickstarter. Give it a listen!

Perkel

Arcane
ehem i am ashamed i noticed it THIS late. At least i got late to the party.

Love the UI, conflicted a bit about stat alocation (doesn't see it as + in this type of game) but overall i see this is as great promise.

In for 20$

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Heh, the editor of that website has a... troubled history with the Codex.

Glad you're doing well, though. I hope you make it.

breakfast

Arcadian Atlas Developer
Developer
Haha I was not aware! Not sure what happened between you guys.. Is RPGWatch ok? There's an interview over there if that's better.

Zdzisiu

Arcane
Haha I was not aware! Not sure what happened between you guys.. Is RPGWatch ok? There's an interview over there if that's better.

Haha RPGWatch is like the rival kid in the sandbox for Codex, but they are the kid that always cries and wants to take their toys and go home.

To be honest, Codex has a history with like a half of the games related sites or writers on the internet, don't worry about it :D

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Don't worry about our forum feuds, just be glad all this free publicity is getting you cash money.

Ninjerk

Arcane
You should see if Jeff Vogel would be interested in giving you a signal boost.
:troll:
In all seriousness, you might consider tweeting at Brian Fargo (he's been known to KS a lot of games, I think Josh Sawyer, too, possibly).

vonAchdorf

Arcane
Unfortunately, the KS seems to have stalled a bit, if donations to pick up again, they won't make it.

bN4t7N5.jpg

In their last update the linked an interesting, albeit RTwP, game:

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Yeah there's a topic for Masquerada in here too. The Codex Consensus is that it will be shit, linear and not-rpg.

SwiftCrack

Arcane
Yeah, sadly. I did pledge earlier this week but it's probably not going to get charged to my card looking at the stats.

Can the 'Dex do a minor media push? IDK, it's a genre that needs love on the PC.

Last edited:

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Did the Children of the Zodiarc devs get notified of this? It would be a good push.. Same Genre and very successful KS.
Also the Unsung Story devs would be a nice idea

Zetor

Arcane
Did the Children of the Zodiarc devs get notified of this? It would be a good push.. Same Genre and very successful KS.
Also the Unsung Story devs would be a nice idea
Yeah, the Children of the Zodiarcs devs highlighted this KS in one of their recent updates. Otherwise, I don't know what the best way would be to spread the word... maybe try for FFT fan forums?

I'll say, though, so far when I mentioned this KS to others, I was met with heavy skepticism ("two unexperienced developers who only worked on RPG maker games, making another FFT is way more ambitious than that, blah blah blah"). It's like Paper Sorcerer, Telepath Tactics, Serpent in the Staglands, etc etc never existed!

SwiftCrack

Arcane
Can someone call the Donald?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom