Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Arcanum Arcanum Multiverse Edition

deama

Prophet
Any interesting changes since last releases? I think the last multiverse I played was like 1.7.1.

ColdDandaSine

Barely Literate
So I have encountered a bit of a bug. I was playing Arcanum Multiverse Edition 1.8 when I opened the game today and it stopped detecting all of my 74 save files. It shows a completely black menu where my saves used to be. I checked the save directory and the files were still there, and I tried to look for a solution online but there doesn't seem to be one. I uninstalled and reinstalled the game and imported the save files there too and the game still doesn't detect them or they may all be corrupted I guess.

Is there a solution to this problem or am I just fucked? It sucks I made it all the way to Caladon too.

Sin2x

Scholar
So I have encountered a bit of a bug. I was playing Arcanum Multiverse Edition 1.8 when I opened the game today and it stopped detecting all of my 74 save files. It shows a completely black menu where my saves used to be. I checked the save directory and the files were still there, and I tried to look for a solution online but there doesn't seem to be one. I uninstalled and reinstalled the game and imported the save files there too and the game still doesn't detect them or they may all be corrupted I guess.

Is there a solution to this problem or am I just fucked? It sucks I made it all the way to Caladon too.
Why not ask on their official page? It's not like Google Translate does not exist.

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
Just started playing this. It's awesome.

Version 1.8.0.0 comes with way more than 1.2.0.0 when this thread was created.

Some things you can do,

- receive god blessings in any order
- continue the game after the end
- remove the cap on stats, levels and speed
- remove level restrictions for spells
- train your followers skills
- inventory for followers like Dog, robots and undead
- wear any armor regardless of size
- remove hit penalty for magic vs tech
- change exp from per hit to per kill
- etc.

Also,

- play in 1920x1080
- improved graphics

I am also using Sir's Expectation Modpack which is an optional extension to Multiverse edition. Anyone know more about it?

Ristola

Barely Literate
Not sure if this is the right place for this but I was recommended to post this here.

Issue: My game doesn't continue after defeating Kerghan and watching the "cutscenes"/slides afterwards.

Arcanum version: GOG (setup_arcanum_-_of_steamworks_and_magick_obscura_1.0.7.4_hotfix_(24155).exe)
AME version: Arcanum Multiverse Edition (v.1.8.0.0)

Description: Started with a clean installation of both the game and the mod. Everything else included in the mod seems to be working without issue, but last night I finally reached the Void and figured I wanted to get that out of the way before continuing.
However, when I defeated Kerghan with diplomacy it showed the cutscene of him getting trapped in the Vendigroth device, and then I was shown all the slides of "what happened next" as usual. When the slides were over I was sent back to the main menu.
I tried reloading and defeating him a few more times but with the same result.
Then I tried just fighting him instead, and this time there was a new cutscene I hadn't seen before showing me the gate behind the Watchmaker opening a portal, then the normal ending slides were shown but after that I was back to the main menu again.

The continue option is checked in the launcher and talking with the Watchmaker seems to confirm that it's on (I've also experimented by pressing "off" with the Watchmaker, thinking maybe I was misinterpreting it, but it made no difference)
Screenshots of launcher and Watchmaker: https://imgur.com/a/NNtY3hz

Is this a common issue? Is there something in-game I'm missing and supposed to have done? Maybe it's not even an issue with AME per se but rather the Sir Expectation's Modpack? I'll gladly provide more info if needed.

CHEMS

Scholar
Last time i've played multiverse was circa 2018, downloaded it again some days ago and it's awesome. The spells change in SEM is really well done. Very cool being able to walk through walls with magic, really adds to the roleplaying aspect of the game.

Alexis13

Novice
What EXACTLY does this mod do, is there a list of precise changes?

Does it make it so con matters? Does heal rate for fatigue proc once a turn now? Do attacks still do dmg to fatigue, some mods stop this.

Are there any changes in the attributes at all?

What are the changes to spells, what are the new spells? Etc?

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
What EXACTLY does this mod do, is there a list of precise changes?
log of changes and fixes included in the documentation for the game (.../documents/AME Release.docx)

That said, I haven't tried it in years, since it seems to change too much. It even modded NPC walk timers so that it basically broke one quest in Shrouded Hills and also locked my character in an inn room there too. It was at that point I just uninstalled and just used the normal Drog patch or whatever.

dbouya

Novice
Hi there, I am trying to get multiverse 1.8.0.0 running. (I couldn't find 1.8.0.1 anywhere.) When I run the game the screen flickers for a moment and then nothing happens and no window opens and it doesn't go into fullscreen mode. Windows10. Anyone else experienced this and have any tips?

The steps I took were essentially these https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=760410053 only of course, I re-created the deleted arcanum/arcanum subfolder to point the configurator installer into, which must have been correct, because it launches config.exe just fine and gives me all the options to turn on/off like software renderer and double buffer and such.

Is it better to try playing in a window or fullscreen? (neither worked for me.)

Should I put the arcanum.exe into any particular compatibility mode options? I normally would've but assumed multiverse's patches were an alternative to that?

Heck Should I download Arcanum Multiverse Edition 1.7.1.0 instead? As that launcher was maybe simpler to use/install?

edit: update, when I randomly change all the launcher settings around the numbered versions of directx I can pick all result in the mouse flickering one time and no screen opening at all... BUT the weird words like fakeblahblahblah will open the game screen and show the splash loading screen for about 1 second then vanish. So uh, there are differences, no clue what they are, or what combination would be required to play the game. I swear on windows7 this was easy (but now that I think of it, maybe I was thinking of windowsXP.)

edit2: Oh also my keyboard is set to russian whenever I try to launch the game, and it isn't set back to english, I chose english on every screen at every step of the process. It's not a big deal to me though as windowskey+spacebar just reverts to normal keyboard mode... but maybe this language quirk is a hint at what I screwed up? (Or an overall flaw in 1.8.0.0)?

edit3: Come to think of it the last time I played about 10 years ago I was still playing the original cdrom, it's only now that I happen to own it on steam, but I never once managed to play it via steam it seems.

TLDR: edit4: I finally got it to run, I changed compatibility mode from windowsXP to windows7, dxd from numbers to windowed.

Still every time I launch it, it sets my keyboard to russian, which is annoying, but I see no way to fix that, since I've set the game to english in all the options menus, and the game is dispalying the in-game text in english.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom