Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Are people who play female protagonist gay?

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
Has there ever been an RPG in which the opposite genders in your party have children and those children eventually become members of the party as well?
Wildermyth is a recent example of an RPG that allows this procedurally, without predetermined characters; the PCs can form romances and have children, with the children becoming available as party members in later chapters of a campaign. Moreover, you can even import a younger character from one campaign into the beginning of another one, thus permitting even more generations of family formation.

Campaign one with Helmmark Omen and his son Glym Omen:
IcmbBaB.jpg

Campaign two with Glym Omen and his son Armer Omen:
ChwPGJZ.jpg

Campaign three with Armer Omen and his son Morfin Omen:
cNn3ZKS.jpg

EtcEtcEtc

Savant
Wildermyth is actually pretty fun despite it's art direction. Plus the procedural generation of narrative, before you start seeing the strings, is/was cool.

Now that ChatGPT and other AI is out, it's obsolete. But still it was cool.

Emiya, the main hero of Fate series. Sure it has a lot proper RPG but it starting out as a hentai game.
Wait, Fate is a hentai series? I thought it was just a normal visual novel series.
Visual novels containing explicit scenes has been a genre convention since the 1980s. They usually only release an all ages version if it's extremely popular or a story adapted from other media.

Skinwalker

*teleports between you*
Patron
Village Idiot
Has there ever been an RPG in which the opposite genders in your party have children and those children eventually become members of the party as well?
Closet heterosexual Lib Crispy asking extremely sus questions, tbh, ngl.

Poseidon00

Arcane
In my original run of Dragon Age I played a Female Dwarf Noble and had a great time of it. Not every PC needs to be a self-insert.

LarryTyphoid

Scholar
Visual novels containing explicit scenes has been a genre convention since the 1980s.
The only visual novels I've played are Ace Attorney and Danganronpa. And here I thought Danganronpa was risque. Those games don't even have panty shots, let alone explicit sex scenes.

Visual novels containing explicit scenes has been a genre convention since the 1980s.
The only visual novels I've played are Ace Attorney and Danganronpa. And here I thought Danganronpa was risque. Those games don't even have panty shots, let alone explicit sex scenes.
Both Danganronpa and Ace Attorney were made by regular video game companies. Check out some of Spike Chunsoft's other, very explicit, titles. A lot just don't get translated.

Reinhardt

Arcane
record of agarest war. game is literally about it - few generations of hero's bloodline must breed with woman you choose before they die to curse so grand-grandkids of initial hero can finally achieve ultimate victory. some people from long-living races are with you from start to end, in other cases you can meet kids of your previous party members.

Sarathiour

Cipher
The Zero Escape games are worth playing too imo.
First one is decent, second is worst on basically every aspect, the gimmick (describe it it kinda spoil the 1st) does not make it worth it and only highlight how retarded the story conclusion. And lmao at the third, it's just edge over any kind of substance and is utterly retarded.

Idk if it's the translator or just the base text, but Fate H-scene are hilarious and clearly written by a master sexer. In my estimation the guy clearly have at the very least had an hundred sex, if not more.

Vic

Savant
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Bethestard
In my estimation the guy clearly have at the very least had an hundred sex, if not more.
If you were in a relationship for a year you probably had 100+ sex already…

Are you a virgin?

Ah, you are talking about hentai games, why am I even asking.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
To treat this question with more seriousness than it deserves, and lots of rampant speculation:

I suspect there is some deep psychological divide here, where some people identify very strongly with the character they are playing, and some people identify about as much as they do with the lead in a movie or a book (or less). Since humans are prone to typical minding people in the first group look at the second group and ask themselves "what would make me play as a woman?" and the immediate answer is "if I was or wanted to be a woman". Meanwhile for the second group the decision has about as much weight as deciding if you're going to wear a blue or green tshirt to work, and so when the first group asks them "why are you playing as a woman" they answer the question the same way they would if asked about their t-shirt color: "I just felt like green today" or some other equally flimsy post-hoc rationalization for what was effectively a non-decision.

So for a person in the first group it feels like there's a single axis:
Male --------------- Female
"how much do I identify as male vs female", and if you are at the left extreme of 100% male identification and play 100% male characters, it feels obvious that everyone to the right of you that is male is some kind of tranny/homosexual/etc (or at least less straight/cis).

But for a person in the second group it feels obvious that there's two axes:
Male identification --------------- Female identification
Strong character identification -------------- nonexistent character identification

Based on the fact that 90% of mass effect players pick maleshep, despite the obvious superiority of femshep vo, I can only conclude that most gamers fall in the "strong" camp.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Default male Shepard was on the cover, so this is clearly who they canonically wanted us to play. Genderbending him is as unnatural as adjusting his face in the editor to resemble a pink potato.
? Pick a side man. Either you don't give a shit about what the bioware writers think, in which case who cares what they canonically intended OR do care about what they think and realize that genderbending shepard is the greatest tribute their leftist minds can conceive of.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom