Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Are people who play female protagonist gay?

Sarathiour

Cipher
Wtf is eurovision?
Ritual humiliation of every European country.
Don't let European women hear you say that, they'll go into a mindless blood frenzy.
I don't know if it's a me issue, but none of the female I've ever met , be it relative, acquittance, friend or coworker ever admitted watching the eurovision in the last two decade.

Hagashager

Educated
Wtf is eurovision?
Don't let European women hear you say that, they'll go into a mindless blood frenzy.
I don't know if it's a me issue, but none of the female I've ever met , be it relative, acquittance, friend or coworker ever admitted watching the eurovision in the last two decade.
I found out about Eurovision this year from a woman who took it **deeply**, profoundly personally.

Everything I saw of Eurovision looked like the absolute gayest thing I have ever seen, and I'm not saying that offensively. It quite genuinely, very sincerely looks like a massive music festival for the European LGBTQ+ folks.

blessedCoffee

c3RyYWl0amFja2V0cyBmb3IgaW50ZXJuZXQgdXNlcnM=
Patron
Strap Yourselves In

Thoughts?

Lots of effort put into something that for the most part, won't really matter, due to fixed in-game perspective. You might as well pretend that the MC is a female with an oddly masculine voice, because you'll just be looking at your crossbow/pistol/etc during normal gameplay. NPCs will still refer to you as him, yeah, so blame their confusion in the oddly masculine voice! Nothing you can do if you were born with it.

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Wtf is eurovision?
I found out about Eurovision this year from a woman who took it **deeply**, profoundly personally.

Everything I saw of Eurovision looked like the absolute gayest thing I have ever seen, and I'm not saying that offensively. It quite genuinely, very sincerely looks like a massive music festival for the European LGBTQ+ folks.
Yeah it's kind of gradually morphed into that. When it started it was more like a country v country sportsball thing but with music - an amusing sublimation of internal European rivalries. But then they let in the riff-raff (Turkey, Israel, etc.) and it all gradually went gay.

blessedCoffee

c3RyYWl0amFja2V0cyBmb3IgaW50ZXJuZXQgdXNlcnM=
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
NPCs will still refer to you as him, yeah, so blame their confusion in the oddly masculine voice! Nothing you can do if you were born with it.

What if he trained AI to emulate NPC voices and rerecord the needed parts?
I wouldn't know, as I haven't installed Lay D Denton Project.

The annoncement video pointed out that the main character was voiced by a real voice actress, which is credited through it.
It mentions re-recordings of old, and recordings of new characters, I would guess – yup they added new characters, which already makes this a no-no for newbies getting into the franchise –, but it doesn't gives specific details about how they fixed dialogue lines.

.Pixote.

Augur
For anyone that thinks Eurovision isn't a gayfeist orgy, the 2014 winner Conchita Wurst and 'her' floating anuses!

"In 2018, Neuwirth disclosed that he is HIV-positive[68] and has been undetectable (and thus not infectious) for several years.[68] He wrote through an Instagram post that he felt compelled to come out as HIV-positive due to persistent threats from a former boyfriend that he would publicly reveal Neuwirth's status."

18291308_605.jpg

Arbiter

Scholar
What if someone likes Resident Evil 4 and decides to play Separate Ways?

Last edited:

jaekl

Educated
Patron
I dunno about gay, but it's weirdo creep behaviour for a guy to be always playing as girls and if you know anyone in your life who does that, then keep a real close eye on them.

Just imagine your buddy sitting in front of a screen, giggling and imagining being a girl. Thinking like a girl, answering dialogues while carefully considering a feminine approach. Dressing up his avatar in cute outfits and doing her hair then gluing his eyes to the ass while he plays, perhaps requiring frequent jack breaks. Flirting with the boys he meets in the fantasy lands and imagining their wieners getting chubby from his feminine wiles... it's messed up and caused by faulty brain wiring. These types of guys will murder you and keep your wife and daughter as sex cattle if they think they can get away with it.

I think a lot of nerd types are afraid of male physicality and associate it with the bullying they suffered(or even just imagined), so they look to women as protectors. They see women as graceful and elegant, while men are brutish and stupid. Lack of any sexual experience probably helps in seeing things this way, as it's hard to keep a very high opinion of women once you've seen them up close.

Some serious cases might be led into gayness/troonism, but it's more likely they just turn into simps/coomers. The more sheltered our society becomes, the more I expect young guys to fall to this.

Lord_Potato

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
This topic keeps coming back every time the cellar dweller crowd feels the need to affirm their otherwise asymptomatic masculinity by the sheer fact that given the choice, they prefer to gaze upon strong, firm, manly ass instead of a sexy girl's butt for 60 hours of playtime.

Never change, guys. And remember, no homo !

:troll:

Maxie

Wholesome Chungus
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
This topic keeps coming back every time the cellar dweller crowd feels the need to affirm their otherwise asymptomatic masculinity by the sheer fact that given the choice, they prefer to gaze upon strong, firm, manly ass instead of a sexy girl's butt for 60 hours of playtime.

Never change, guys. And remember, no homo !

:troll:
this knee-jerk reaction keeps coming back everytime the genderfluid crowd feels the need to prattle on about looking at a femoid's backside as somewhat more heterosexual than not impersonating a girl

Lord_Potato

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Women feel the need to identify with the character they play.

Men just use these characters to engage with the game. There is no impersonation.

There's a growing body of research on the subject. Please educate yourself :)

jaekl

Educated
Patron
Oh fuck if a guy is *researching* his weirdo behaviour then you've really gotta be careful. That's like when a pedophile knows every age of consent by heart. This is the kinda stuff you need to pay attention to so you know who to keep your gun pointed at when you're at the annual codex brunch social or else you might get raked by the cummy fingernails of a sex creeper.

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Sheeeit, I have no problem playing as a Barbarian Queen or such, provided the character itself is good and not some fucking current year danger hair with daddy issues who screams "FUCK THE PATRIARCHY!", yeah, that kind of stuff...
You know, something like Xena (especially in the first few seasons), Amathea (Barbarian Queen movie), or one of those Royo pussycats.

Melcar

Arcane
In many older games (and most current "retro" games) female characters had average strength compared to male characters, but also much better speed and reactions times. Suited my play style more, as male characters for the most part were done as slow hunkering masses of muscles and pain. Eventually my coomer brain got used to it.
These days with gender does not matter in games as everyone plays the same. The only difference is that female character models are usually ugly lesbian trannies or over the top maximum coom sex fiends.

Cancer

Literate
What if someone likes Resident Evil 4 and decides to play Separate Ways?
Manly and assertive achievement hunting (in a game where you can't choose which character to play) is quite a different beast from, let's say, picking Jill in RE1.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom