Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Are there any remaining style issues?

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
I'm hoping I've finally nixed the unreadable font colour in IE 8 in the post reply box (white on white) and the bad highlight in the login bar. Are there any styling issues that remain? Bad colour somewhere? Something unreadable?

Fens

Ford of the Llies
looking good, login bar was the last colour/style issue i had with firefox 9

Forest Dweller

Smoking Dicks
Previous Codex had alrernating posts a lighter shade of blue. Not a big deal though.

There are still issues I can think of but I probably wouldn't file them under "style."

1. No ads for patrons.

2. Brofists in GD too. I mean if you're going to have them, you should have them everywhere. Either that or get rid of them.

3. Spoiler tags back.

4. Signature limit back to characters instead of height. Please?

More that I can't think of right now.

Shannow

Waster of Time
When browsing the news section threads now have tags (Editorial, Interview, Game News, etc).
E.G. Editorial and Interview are white on light grey and unreadable for me before I actually click the thread (where I'll then see the tags in large in the title). If you made them either black on light grey or white on dark grey or something they'd become readable in the thread list. If you don't, I won't mind because I could do for years without those tags ;)
Erm... The alternating posts thing is in?
Yep, but the difference used to be big enough that even Dicksmoker noticed ;)

Forest Dweller

Smoking Dicks
I think if I look really closely I can see a slight difference. If that's your idea of being in then I guess it's in.

Fens

Ford of the Llies
there's quite a difference between
dark: #48505F
and light: #596170
might want to check your monitor settings, if you can't see it

Forest Dweller

Smoking Dicks
5hBkV.png

Fens

Ford of the Llies
i see your point. might be a browser/css problem. the colour scheme as my browser (firefox 9) displays it:
WSLM8.png

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Unneeded side borders that could be better used for space for posts and avatars/names (some names; as no doubt you know overlord; are cut off).

And minor irritation on all of these new version forums; why the memberlist/egostrocking floater or the right side of the main page of the forums taking up valuable horizontal space that lets me see whats the latest updated thread on a subforum?

At the bottom and without the avatar image like the old codex would be saner.

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera
any chance of the thread preview window below reply making a comeback when you preview your post?

Self-Ejected

Kosmonaut

Lost in Space
The text color in the thread tags (Decline, Prosper, News, etc) becomes nearly unreadable on some tag colors, It get lost in that shitty gradient.

Also, please get rid of the ugly default emoticons.

Oriebam

Formerly M4AE1BR0-something
Also, please get rid of the ugly default emoticons.
It can significantly potentially change the context of old messages, and as mentioned they're ugly. but if we change now it changes some of the new messages

just sayin', I don't care much

Azalin

Arcane
Patron
Well there seems to be some problem with some signatures nad quotes,I don't know if this has anything to do with style.The problem seem to exist in both normal and fixed width style.I am using Firefox 9

mKhwb.jpg

Also there are some broken img tags now an then but they don't have anything to do with the style

Skittles

He ruins the fun.
Well there seems to be some problem with some signatures nad quotes,I don't know if this has anything to do with style.The problem seem to exist in both normal and fixed width style.I am using Firefox 9
Also there are some broken img tags now an then but they don't have anything to do with the style

Fixed sig height, ITT mentioned by Dicksmoker.

deus101

Never LET ME into a tattoo parlor!
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2
*pout* yeah...i guess it looks good.

Now get back to restore the database, gallery, avatars, people and games.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom