Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Are there any remaining style issues?

circ

Arcane
The editorial tag colors are off. I can't see what it says unless I squint and stick my face to the screen.

Oh same goes for interview tag.

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin
Same here. The tags using a grey background like "interview" or "editorial" are just impossible to read. Those using a red one like "game news" are just fine. Other than that, I got no problem browsing and using the Codex on Opera 11.

deus101

Never LET ME into a tattoo parlor!
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2
A minor complaint, but could you change the cell color for threads that are tagged.

Its tiresome moving my eyes to the right.

Teepo

Scholar
Personally, with the classic codexian colors and all, it's p. damn good.

Imo though I would do away with bro fisting altogether. Well, I don't know. I mean I like brofisting but original language is still better.

MMXI

Arcane
When you preview a post, the link colour is the same as the plain text. Makes it impossible to detect links without hovering your mouse over them.

Opera 11.60

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
I gotta say, I'm very impressed with how quickly this site went back to good old Codex.

And those tiny, harmless ads- bravissimo.

tarkin

Augur
Wasteland 2
There is the issue in thread listing for a specific board that the top column title does not represent fully what's underneath.
Title is ok. Start Date is out of place, Replies and Views could be exchanged for one word, say Stats or phrase "Thread Stats". Last Message is fine.
I'm also for throwing out the whole right sidebar from the main forum index and putting it way below.

Other then that i fucking love it.:love:

circ

Arcane
:potato::potato::potato::potato::potato::potato::potato::potato::potato::potato::potato::potato::potato::potato::potato::potato:

hmm.

Looks right to me.

Shannow

Waster of Time
Said the potato dressed up as a pink pony...

But seriously, I'd like to see stuff in (bb)code before posting. Having everything formatted before raises all kinds of issues that I could do without.

Taluntain

Most Frabjous
Staff Member
Thread links in alerts are styled the same as text, so indistinguishable unless you mouse over.

I gotta say, I'm very impressed with how quickly this site went back to good old Codex.

And those tiny, harmless ads- bravissimo.

And you're blocking the regular ones? The buttons aren't even proper ads, just affiliated stores. The regular ads are on top.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
I didn't notice I was, but now that I turned it off I just noticed that there is an ad in the middle and to the right of circ's first post on this page. Haven't seen anything like it before. It's not really that annoying though.

10653670.jpg

Edit: "This domain violates ImageShack's ToS"?

Taluntain

Most Frabjous
Staff Member
For the last year or so and it's not going to change, so you have to use some other image site here.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
I'm sorry about putting this feedback kinda late, but isn't it strange if brofist button put at the top of the post, when you actually need to finish reading it before deciding whether to brofist it or not?
It's a minor complaint, but at times I read a thoughtful long post but would mistakenly brofist the post below it because I naturally expect to find it at the end of the post.

Thanks!

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
quotes are horribly broken in 1024x768

I mean, utter shit. Beyond a certain number of nested quotes the breaklineiterator shits out a letter per line, WTF.

There's also no spoiler tag i think. Essential.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
1.annoyment
the experience of being annoyed. (noun)
erik keeps singing "banana phone", much to everyone's annoyment.

I believe annoyance is the word you fellows are looking for. Anyway, a style issue to report: on threads with triple digit pages, the page numbers get smushed around. Not sure what the proper fix for this is, but I be reporting it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom