Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Are there any remaining style issues?

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Search box -> top right. Click in it.

Click the "Search this thread only" option at the bottom.

gromit

Arcane
1 said:
2 said:
3 said:
4 said:
5 said:
Aliquam et nunc magna, a elementum lorem. Etiam ac orci at arcu ultrices eleifend vitae vitae elit. Sed accumsan lectus non tortor convallis vulputate. Praesent volutpat risus et enim blandit semper. Donec lectus nisl, varius nec luctus non, tristique ut libero. Aenean sapien velit, volutpat at accumsan ut, lobortis quis purus. Aenean pharetra, odio eget interdum scelerisque, quam purus ultricies lorem, non tristique justo velit et urna.
herp
derp
no u
only sometimes

End this madness!

Code:
.bbCodeBlock .bbCodeBlock {
    margin-right: 0.25em;
}
2vwwosk.jpg

or at least reduce the L/R margins of .bbCodeBlock by half.

gromit

Arcane
Code:
.mceSmiliesMenu div {
  width: 350px !important;
}​
Would be nice, too. We have a lot of wide and / or tall smilies, and a little more breathing room does wonders.

Self-Ejected

ManjuShri

Self-Ejected
When you click the advanced reply option it goes into half width mode meaning that when you preview your post the formatting is incorrect as to what it will look like once posted. It's awkward for long posts which require a specific layout.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Editing threads, inserting links and so forth takes much longer then before. Not sure if there's anything that can be done with it, but its a bit annoying and feels very popamole, since i don't see any particular improvement over the old system to justify the reduction in speed.

The one thing that annoys the shit out of me though is the fact i can't copy/paste text without dragging along the type, size and color of the font from the original document. I'm now getting into the habit of pasting text into a notepad window, then copy/paste shit from there. This is one next gen feature i would definitely want to do without.

DarkUnderlord

Staff Member
Lyric Suite & Dicksmoker:

Option A) :: Permanent Solution

1. Hover over your name in the top-right.
2. Click preferences.
3. Remove the tick next to "Use the rich text editor to create and edit messages".

Option B) :: Per Post Basis

1. Click the little "Aa" in the top right of the WYSIWYG editor toolbar to switch to plain text mode.

Forest Dweller

Smoking Dicks
What exactly will removing rich text editor remove from our posts? Ability to use different fonts? Italics, bold, and the like? Colors?

gromit

Arcane
The GUI to do so won't show, but you should be able to use every feature anyway (though some will be harder than others.) Go make a fancy-looking post, and then toggle it off and see the underlying mark-up (SCIENCE!!!!)

Multi-headed Cow

Style Wise, I really miss seeing the latest news topics for the codex and TCancer at the top.
This. I preferred never visiting the front page and reading everything on the prestigious forum. It was nice and simple to glance at the latest news items while reading the forum to see if anything I wanted to read popped up.

PorkaMorka

Arcane
This happens on a lot of front page stuff.
VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV
24esxfc.jpg

Firefox 10.02
1152 x 864
(Apologies if front page problems don't count as "style issues").

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Not sure it counts as a style issue, but here goes: some of the news item coding is borked, so when you look at the page it displays the code itself rather than whatever style the code codes for.
http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?threads/mass-effect-a-narratological-review.42733/
http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?threads/mass-effect-2-a-narratological-review.45212/
Couple of examples, but I'm sure there are many more. Will await confirmation that this is a problem before I go hunting.

Taluntain

Most Frabjous
Staff Member
All pre-XF news is html. Html doesn't work now. Hence, raw html displays in old news items.

DarkUnderlord

Staff Member
Yeah, Tal wants me to install a HTML mod to fix that but I'd rather convert them to BBCode.

On my to do list is a tool that does the conversion.

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Cool, I'll hold off reporting any of these until after the conversion then, in case any errors make it past the tool.

I have no business stating what should change or go because I disappear for years at time, but I'm an American, so I'll be arrogant and say so anyway. I'm probably the only fucking idiot who uses a touchpad on here, but is there any way to remove the large give internets button for patrons? I sometimes end up hitting it when trying to navigate going back to the parent forum.

Baron

Arcane
More a usability than a style question, but why have the login fields at the very bottom of the front page?

Aside from deleting cookies when I shut down a browser I often login from friends computers or at work, and I should be able to enter my name and password straight into the top of the page as it loads like some civilised website. Scrolling to the bottom of the page on my girlfriend's laptop takes away the Bruce Banner in me. And clicking a (popamole) login button is intolerable to my Barry Allen side. Usability, bros... it's only two decades on. The Codex is so against streamlining it's actually implement turnbased browsing.

DarkUnderlord

Staff Member
'cause you're not really meant to login via the front page. Being logged in on the front page doesn't change anything other than ads and admin tools. It's really just there so I knew I was logged in and why admin links weren't showing. Otherwise, logging in would be a link to the forums where you could login.

kazgar

Arcane
Was there any recent changes to the front page width? The right hand column content (donation bars/gallery) is now off screen for me on this monitor.

Taluntain

Most Frabjous
Staff Member
The Dead State screenshots stretch the content table.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom