Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Are there any remaining style issues?

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Yeah but it's not like anything is over there.

Kane

I have many names
Patron
Vatnik
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
I do not use the WYSIWYG editor so have not witnessed this phenomena. Is it possible to get a video or series of screenshots with before / after?

Though it's highly likely I won't be able to do shit about it, as it seems it'd be an issue with tinymce - the WYSIWYG editor. And that's all JavaScript and shit and a whole different ball game.

yes that would be the shitty WYSIWYG editor. if you switch to classical you lose the BBcode bar above it though. any chance you can make the bbcode bar available for the classic editor?

Forest Dweller

Smoking Dicks
yamZ9.png
Use the fixed-width option.

DU, just want to follow up on that issue I was having with the error message whenever selecting the alert tab. Whatever you did managed to clear it up. On behalf of all the forums' iPad users, you're a-ok #1.

Menckenstein

Lunacy of Caen: Todd Reaver
What's up with the spoiler function? It has the "Show: / Hide: " shit but clicking on it does nothing and I see the spoiler the entire time.

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
if the database update process had put in the [MEDIA tags around old ytube links would be nice.
Right now we have a music thread full of them without actually showing those videos.
The main page little 'window' into the subboards is
1. too small, and consequently you can't see most of the title (less if there is a tag) or the thread creator.
This is because of the large "who is online" right floater that occupies 1/4 of the screen.
2. it shows ignored people so if you use that link to go to a thread you can end up in a Lunac thread.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
It would be nice if threads from Prosperland didn't show in the "What's new" search. The moron is spamming inane threads and they take up all the space.

Alternatively you could just ban him.

dextermorgan

Arcane
This is what Diablo 3 looks like on a 1024/768 screen:

3KsE3.png

Perhaps it would be prudent to use an image preset for articles that's set at reducing size to 600px max and on-click lightbox float to see the full image?

dextermorgan

Arcane
Tell me if you like the front page at that resolution. I just changed the layout so that 1280 is basically the minimum working width now.
Works fine for me, as I can fit both the right-hand boxes with Menu and Headlines on the screen along with the main content without having to scroll. If you want to keep it locked at 1280 you might want to stretch the header to fit, as it seems to be set at 1024 still. See images:

L9hkT.png

A0z6w.png

Note the gap between header and the edge of the screen in the second image.

Edit:
Ditto for footer. These are minor issues compared to humongous images breaking the layout in the review article and making it almost unreadable on this res.

Forest Dweller

Smoking Dicks
While we're on the sunject of the front page, I really don't like the pinned news items. It takes a while to see now what's actually new and they can give a false impression that there's no new news.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Yeah, that's more because we've had multiple things at once. The pinning system was really only designed with one item being pinned at a time in mind. And certainly not having pinned items all the time. Where-as we're now posting 2 or 3 content items a week that all get pinned. Putting the latest content thing up the top is part of trying to alleviate that.

Tell me if you like the front page at that resolution. I just changed the layout so that 1280 is basically the minimum working width now.
Works fine for me, as I can fit both the right-hand boxes with Menu and Headlines on the screen along with the main content without having to scroll. If you want to keep it locked at 1280 you might want to stretch the header to fit, as it seems to be set at 1024 still.
Yeah, you don't have ads. I can tell you now the ad fixes that. :)

These are minor issues compared to humongous images breaking the layout in the review article and making it almost unreadable on this res.
Yeah, it's why the gallery creates 500 px wide images by default. Working on getting it back online soon.

Forest Dweller

Smoking Dicks
Yeah, that's more because we've had multiple things at once. The pinning system was really only designed with one item being pinned at a time in mind. And certainly not having pinned items all the time. Where-as we're now posting 2 or 3 content items a week that all get pinned. Putting the latest content thing up the top is part of trying to alleviate that.
Or you could just not pin.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom