Official RPG Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Are we an RPG Discussion website or a Free Speech website?

Discussion in 'Site Feedback' started by DarkUnderlord, Sep 16, 2021.

?

Are we an RPG Discussion website or a Free Speech website?

1. RPG Discussion

209 vote(s)
    47.1%
  2. Free Speech

235 vote(s)
    52.9%
  1. fork Dumbfuck! Dumbfuck

fork
    Yeah, Codex is fucked. Has been obvious for a while now.
    I don't even care anymore. Let these gay faggot assholes suck each other off and ban good posters until only cretins are left. Fine with with me.

• Despair x 4
    • Brofist x 2
    • Edgy x 2
    • decline x 1
    • STOP! posting x 1
    • retadred x 1
    ^ Top  
  2. Owlish Dumbfuck! Dumbfuck Douchebag! Village Idiot Repressed Homosexual Possibly Retarded Edgy Shitposter

Owlish

I'm Ridin' with Biden I'm Ridin' with Biden
    [​IMG]

• Funny x 7
    • Brofist x 3
    • incline x 2
    • Friendly x 2
    • Grab the minigun, there are demons here to smite x 1
    ^ Top  
  3. Clockwork Knight Arcane

Clockwork Knight
    Also compromises never work and in six months you will have people arguing that if that was removed then this can be removed too. In fact it should be removed because supposedly discussions will have more "quality" once you're not longer allowed to mention the rainbow haired elephants in the room.

No idea why people keep falling for this.

• Brofist Brofist x 4
    • honk honk! honk honk! x 3
    ^ Top  
  4. Ol' Willy Arcane Zionist Agent

Ol' Willy
    Thinking that politics wormed their way into games just recently is a wishful thinking. They just got bolder.
    Remember Fallout 2? That classic RPG with too much pop-cultural references?
    Well, it has politics too. Just replay Broken Hills once again

[​IMG]

Race is skindeep

[​IMG]

Politics of hatred

[​IMG]

Hatemonger

Remember, there are half a dozen of people slaughtered and mutilated by muties in the caves nearby

[​IMG]

And literal DINDU NUFFIN moment, of course

• Brofist x 8
    • Agree x 3
    • decline x 1
    • meh x 1
    • Rage x 1
    • Friendly x 1
    • WTF am I reading x 1
    • retadred x 1
    • Shit x 1
    ^ Top  
  5. Bloodeyes Arcane

Bloodeyes
    One thing I'd like to add:

From my perspective I don't see this as a political forum masquerading as an RPG site at all. I see it as an RPG site whose members have political opinions. If it's one or the other, I'd choose the RPGs (yes I know most of my posts are in GD). That being said, free and open discussion of any topic, RPGs included, can't have nebulous limits like "no politics". Because what is political? Who decides that? Is saying that every character in Wrath is LBGT and you don't like that a political statement? Or an artistic criticism? It's both, but any review of Wrath that doesn't mention the elephant in the room isn't being done in good faith. Like, for example, every YouTube video on the game (Owlcat bought those reviews BTW, was that a stretch goal?).

I have political opinions, but with the state of the world now I don't like to think about it too much. It's all so exhausting and depressing. I like to just enjoy my hobby of RPGs and come here and chat about it with other likeminded people. I don't think that's trivial. It really helps having a place like this to do that. Not having to constantly self-censor for once is really nice. Of course there are people here for whom politics is their main thing, and they're just using the relative freedom of this place to spread their message. I don't like those posters much, even if I often agree with their views. But I wouldn't ban them because it's too slippery a slope.

I hope this place can keep going a while longer. This world is getting really dark, and the darker it gets the more I appreciate the Codex. It's a haven for me. A place where I can pretend everything is normal, populated by people who mostly aren't down with the bullshit going on in the world and are free to say so. That doesn't mean I want to go on about politics though. It's tiring and frustrating, and you'll just end up insane if you do that. Hobbies are important to stay sane. Maintaining stable mental health is really hard right now but it's so important. You can't make good decisions if you're paranoid, and you can't enjoy what little life is left to us. We're all under so much pressure.

I hope things get better and we all get through to the other side together. Lets not pre-emptively kill the site just because its death seems inevitable in the current year. There was a mass shooting in my city a couple years ago and right wingers were being rounded up for shitposting as a result of this (shooter was white). I spent about a month scared out of my mind waiting for my door to be kicked in over my youtube comments or FB posts. It didn't happen because I'm nobody. Things calmed down, life went on, and my paranoia all seems so silly now. Lambchop looks like a paranoid idiot for quitting the codex out of fear of ANTIFA now, but at the time it seemed totally reasonable.

All I'm saying is try to keep calm and keep perspective. Just keep being you and what will be will be. That's to the Codex and the codexers. Hang in there.

• Friendly Friendly x 6
    • Brofist Brofist x 4
    • M'lady M'lady x 1
    • Balanced Balanced x 1
    ^ Top  
  6. Twiglard Poland Stronk Patron Sad Loser

Twiglard
    Strap Yourselves In
    It doesn't fit as the mutants are the productive ones.

• Fabulously Optimistic Fabulously Optimistic x 1
    ^ Top  
  7. HeroMarine Irenaeus

HeroMarine
    Whoever elevated Roguey to power is a disgrace to mankind.

• Brofist Brofist x 4
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  8. rusty_shackleford Arcane

rusty_shackleford
    he's just repeating what the new rules are

• Rage Rage x 1
    • Disgusting! Disgusting! x 1
    ^ Top  
  9. Hermes Trismegistus Educated

Hermes Trismegistus
    In 1500's Nānak is said to have visited Mecca. There he slept with feet towards Kaaba and a mussulman was offended by this. He kicked him, called him infidel and accused him of dishonoring the house of God. Nānak smiled and told him not to be angry. He was an old tired man who needed sleep and respected the house of God as much as anyone. Then he asked to have his feet turned in a direction in which God or the House of God was not.

Hermes asks the same. Show games and discussion of games that is beyond politics. Only possible when all involved assumes the same as given. Then it becomes invisible to eye.

• Brofist Brofist x 4
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Absolutely Haram Absolutely Haram x 1
    ^ Top  
  10. Ol' Willy Arcane Zionist Agent

Ol' Willy
    Just like nignogs are "productive" ones in the minds of liberals.

Yeah, literal DNA engineered killing machines with the mental capabilities of a small child gonna work in mines for a wage. That's some serious sci-fi here

• Brofist Brofist x 4
    • Funny Funny x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  11. fantadomat Arcane Edgy Wumao

fantadomat
    Yup,fallout games are filled with liberal garbage,that is one of the reasons why anything in the subgenre after them is better.

• Agree x 2
    • Despair x 2
    • Someone has issues x 2
    • Shit x 2
    • Disagree x 1
    ^ Top  
  12. AwesomeButton Personally falsified the US election results Patron

AwesomeButton
    PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    I will change my signature to this.

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    • Participation Award Participation Award x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • retadred retadred x 1
    ^ Top  
  13. HeroMarine Irenaeus

HeroMarine
    Sound like nazis just obeying orders, like Hannah Arandt would say. The banality of evil.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Thanks! Thanks! x 1
    ^ Top  
  14. Ed123 Arcane Patron

Ed123
    Serpent in the Staglands Wasteland 2
    The whole thing with rusty and Pozzfinder is definitely making me re-evaluate this issue. Infinitroon has been pulling this trick for years (developers use their game for polemicism, people discuss it, Infinitron moves any references to it to Gaming Drama so as not to pollute the shill thread), and it's pretty obvious now that the split would be seen by the jannies from the RPG-side of the site as giving them a mandate to crack down even harder on evil gamergate incels "derailing" threads.

• Brofist x 8
    • honk honk! x 4
    • Agree x 2
    • hopw roewur ne x 1
    • Yes x 1
    • Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  15. HeroMarine Irenaeus

HeroMarine
    Whoever moved that thread is literally worse than Hitler. And like Norm MacDonald used to say, Hitler was a bad man.

• Funny x 6
    • Brofist x 2
    • FAKE NEWS x 2
    • [citation needed] x 1
    • Racist x 1
    ^ Top  
  16. fantadomat Arcane Edgy Wumao

fantadomat
    I never got that accusation toward infi,i mean.....for it to be shilling you need to have some kind of audience. The codex is hardly that popular to be able to call it shilling. Most of the people that visit here know about his jew tricks. It is not like there is a movement of 10k copies sold because he removed some negative shit about X game.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Fabulously Optimistic Fabulously Optimistic x 1
    • Shit Shit x 1
    • PIRACY IS WRONG PIRACY IS WRONG x 1
    ^ Top  
  17. Seigneur Locklear Arbiter

Seigneur Locklear
    Kalin did nothing wrong.

• Agree x 4
    • Brofist x 3
    • Disagree x 1
    • Friendly x 1
    • Doggy x 1
    ^ Top  
  18. Poseidon00 Arcane

Poseidon00
    Have all the respect in the world for ya DU. If this is becoming a matter of personal liability, maybe its time to either hand over the site to someone in a more friendly legal regime, or create rules that will shield you from liability. I get it. I wouldnt take jail time for us either.

• Brofist Brofist x 9
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Balanced Balanced x 1
    ^ Top  
  19. Generic-Giant-Spider Arcane

Generic-Giant-Spider
    I know someone who lives in a lawless place where anything goes.

Someone who is a CHAMPION of the people and knows their way around! Someone who will get to the bottom of any problem and rip it out, root and stem! That's right, I'm talking about Maxie! Now if DU were to pass the site off to Maxie there'd be a big shake up in administration. For one thing, just about everyone currently on board would be getting replaced. Except Talutain and Infinitron. Talutain because I don't know what he actually does so let's be real, he'd fly under the radar. Infinitron would remain because Saeci and I aren't going to be posting news or any of that shit. We're lazy niggas. Also him being Jewish is kind of like having a warning sign to deter any rabblerousers, kind of like putting heads on pikes or hanged men along the road.

Crispy would need to record himself completing an obstacle course like the one featured on hit '90s show American Gladiators if he wants to stay on board, Roguey becomes one of those prison informants that you should probably forget I mentioned this so he can do his job better, Roxor will be milked for both reviews and semen. Everyone else is getting cut.

We're going to need a moderator that is impartial, fair, and is a pursuer of justice. I nominate Aweigh. You may say, "but Aweigh has 95% of this site on ignore" and you are right. That also means he won't actually moderate because he can't see SHIT thus making him perfect for the job.

Jenkem will need to donate four games each week to the giveaway thread if he hopes to remain a member. If he skimps once, he's outta here. HeroMarine can become my butler. Liberal will be getting banned but not out of malice, since he likes to make thousands of alts it's more like a whack-a-mole minigame. Shoutbox will also see Poles and all Slavic (Asian identifying Russians are sent to General Discussion camp to correct their behavior) have priority in languages spoken. If they speak their native tongue, you'll shut ya damn mouth and let it happen. Don't want any of you pick-up truck driving, spurs-on-your-boots bitches whining about it.

Yes, a Maxie-run Codex would be wonderful. I like it.

• Funny x 7
    • Brofist x 2
    • incline x 2
    • I found this text to be too long and as such I didn't read it x 1
    • No x 1
    • Friendly x 1
    • NPC #61873 came up with this opinion all by his / herself x 1
    • Shit x 1
    • Hoo x 1
    • Balanced x 1
    ^ Top  
  20. ERYFKRAD Barbarian Patron

ERYFKRAD
    Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    You had but one job, octopedal friend of mine.

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  21. fantadomat Arcane Edgy Wumao

fantadomat
    You know fucking El Chapo,respect mate. I am impressed.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    • Shit Shit x 1
    ^ Top  
  22. Generic-Giant-Spider Arcane

Generic-Giant-Spider
    Also every Friday would be a community funded PIZZA LUNCH. Except for Scrooge, she needs to keep her figure. We bodyshame up in here.

No weird shit on the pizza.

For my own personal amusement I'd give SumDrunkGuy and Puur Pretswerk their own sub-forums. SDG's would be called "The Hole" and Puur's would be Hafavun. The latter will tell us when it is time to board the spaceship.

• Funny x 9
    • Brofist x 2
    • incline x 1
    • Makes you think... x 1
    • Friendly x 1
    • Fabulously Optimistic x 1
    ^ Top  
  23. AwesomeButton Personally falsified the US election results Patron

AwesomeButton
    PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    Sounds like the typical office.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • retadred retadred x 1
    ^ Top  
  24. Generic-Giant-Spider Arcane

Generic-Giant-Spider
    Don't think that means you're allowed to wear jeans. Only Maxie is allowed to wear khaki shorts and flip-flops with Hawaiian shirts. Everyone else must wear uniforms and if female and comely, latex catsuits.

• Funny Funny x 2
    ^ Top  
  25. ERYFKRAD Barbarian Patron

ERYFKRAD
    Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    You can't stop us.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    • Yes Yes x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.