Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Are we an RPG Discussion website or a Free Speech website?

Are we an RPG Discussion website or a Free Speech website?

• RPG Discussion

Votes: 246 46.1%
  • Free Speech

Votes: 260 48.7%
  • Anime is shit

Votes: 28 5.2%

• Total voters
RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In
STOP FUCKING BANNING PEOPLE ALL THE TIME

I DON'T WANT TO SEE ANOTHER "WHY WAS X BANNED" THREAD EVERY TIME I WAKE UP

THE REASON I CAME HERE IN THE FIRST PLACE WAS BECAUSE PEOPLE WEREN'T GETTING BANNED LEFT AND RIGHT

Last edited:

mondblut

Arcane
Personally I thought gaming drama was more for gossiping about specific devs.

Nah, it is there to contain gamergate and anything else game-related that the masters of our resident shill might find questionable. Basically, the only valuable parts of game discussion.

And, of course, that's the part that needs to go in case of forum split so coveted by our (((usual suspects))). Don't ever let them have it their way.

Nutria

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Got 20 seconds into this and had to reach for my puke bucket. We all know that Anita is cute, but it's amazing how vapid she is when her mouth opens. Kim Kardashian (I am being 100% serious here) has a way better understanding of what is happening in the Middle East. Apparently all the brain power of Armenian celebrities is concentrated in her.

Nutria

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Look, I don't want it to admit it either, but she's got a certain charm. She's like a 6.5. Admit it.

m6a0rMI.gif

Nutria

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Also I think the best way to deal with her is to just constantly treat her as a sex object, not listen to any of her stupid ideas, and listen to women who are smarter than her. Best way to totally destroy her self-image.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Of course he wouldn't, regardless of her appearances. We have been aware of rusty's sexual preferences for a while now:

zvUIcel.png
You should see his nu pissfinder avatar,it is screaming gay from every pore.

Rusty? He's using Eder from Pillars 2 right now.

Edit: Pillars 1 rather.

Sjahki

Educated
It is a very weird thing to say that war never changes when war is sort of a manifestation of entropy.

It is said and written that God never changes, I do not know if that is true. Does freedom change? I don't know, but I don't think so. The reality of Being comes with the freedom to will. We have the freedom to enact our will within our abilities. That includes talk. Saying what you want to say is very important as is the freedom to do what you want. This freedom however comes with the consequence of affecting reality and other Beings that Are. Karma appears to be a real metaphysical law that returns likewise to sender, but I am also talking about living in reality instead of doing it. This is endgame. Most of the people here who want to use the offending words seem to acknowledge that yet refuse to adapt to the changing reality of what gets people thrown into prison or killed.

Anything you say here almost carries a sort of shared responsibility to back those words up with other users on the site. A lot of people here seem to stand for what is right, but you might have noticed that this is less common than you might have thought at some point. Meaning that a lot of people who interact with anyone of us just simply do not care that what they are doing is wrong or even indulge in evil for all sorts of retarded reasons.

The saying that talk is cheap is very outdated. There are prices for things that I want to say that I would pay, there might be thing I will not say for prices, but the price of talk has gone up so much that I am not willing to pay it for idle banter. I suggest we change attitude a little from durr hurr in the grand order of things I am superior to society in a moral sense to yes mr society I understand that you are able to hurt me, I will stand by my beliefs, but I will be less of a naive child about it.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Of course he wouldn't, regardless of her appearances. We have been aware of rusty's sexual preferences for a while now:

zvUIcel.png
You should see his nu pissfinder avatar,it is screaming gay from every pore.

Rusty? He's using Eder from Pillars 2 right now.

Edit: Pillars 1 rather.
He posted a screenshot of him playing the nu pissfinder and his character was mega gay,sparkling and blond. It gave me a chuckle.

Ranselknulf

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
For some reason I doubt the codex will be able to thread the free-speech needle any better than other websites.

"Adapting" to the new reality and growing the site isnt going to help game discussion here either. Full stop.

I understand the point you are trying to convey here sujahki, and it would make sense if we didnt live in a clown world full of wumaos and their non-Chinese variants who would brigade this site given the right moderation policies.

Being nicer and growing the site sounds good, but in practice it never turns out good for free speech or game discussion.

The best part about your post is the talk about what price people are willing to pay to have free discussion about topics here. I'm sure the price is different for everyone, but people arent incapable of self moderation either. If they are worried about some consequence, then they can tone down their talk.

Which returns us to the original issue of DU's legal culpability while the site remains owned by an Australian person . The options to resolve this being to transfer the site to a new person or try to fly under the radar as the site has been doing successfully for a while.

I dont think growing the site is a good idea either way, and that's the context behind the current "be nicer" talks.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom