Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Are we an RPG Discussion website or a Free Speech website?

Are we an RPG Discussion website or a Free Speech website?

• RPG Discussion

Votes: 246 46.1%
  • Free Speech

Votes: 260 48.7%
  • Anime is shit

Votes: 28 5.2%

• Total voters

Lambach

Arcane
Well, it's still better than being a drunk loser who spends all day posting garbage on the internet.

Sorry fam, that's still better than being a furry, regardless of how illiterate and alcoholic he is. In fact, being pretty much anything other than a serial killer or a child rapist is better than being a furry.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Yes,you are smart as a mud. LoL love how the dumbest a person is the more he thinks himself intelligent.....lol.

I love this for its unintentional irony. fantadumbass, this really captures your essence as a poster.
Hmmm have no idea who you are or what you stand for,so i won't insult you or mock your intelligence. Still i could brag that i am smarter than Crispy ,and he even admitted it. Feel very smug about that too,even if don't care about such things normally :smug:

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
Well, it's still better than being a drunk loser who spends all day posting garbage on the internet.

Sorry fam, that's still better than being a furry, regardless of how illiterate and alcoholic he is. In fact, being pretty much anything other than a serial killer or a child rapist is better than being a furry.

I would even place some serial killers above furries.

Lambach

Arcane
Dunno about Germany but this can technically happen in Sweden as well but it's very rare and I've showered all hours of the day and even run washing machine in the middle of night no problem when I lived in an apartment. What's technically the rules doesn't really matter if it isn't enforced to any meaningful extent.

I mean, yeah, this is only a real problem if your neighbor is a crazy Karen who is miserable and petty enough to report you to the po-po for such trivial bullshit, which is thankfully rare, but that's not the point.

The point is that such absurd laws exist in the first place, regardless of how strictly or loosely they're enforced. I mean, think about it. Actual grown-ass adults who were democratically elected by the people to run their respective city or country or whatever, had to sit down and actually write this shit down and the majority of them had to vote in favor of it. Some of the most powerful people in the city/country actually thought it was worth their time and effort to enact a law that would "protect" people from hearing faint sounds of water splashing after 10 PM.

It seems harmless on its own, but I think it's a pretty good example of how petty, needlessly micro-managing and even just straight-up insane the people who run these countries are. Even sadder is that the EU has mandated regulations in various areas that are somehow even dumber, pettier and more needless than this.

Clown. Fucking. World.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Munich your neighbor will report you to the authorities if you take a shower in your own goddamn apartment after 10 PM ("noise pollution" laws, happened to a friend of mine who lives there)
I heard about this shit a lot.
Is it really true in all Germany or only in Bavaria?

Dunno about Germany but this can technically happen in Sweden as well but it's very rare and I've showered all hours of the day and even run washing machine in the middle of night no problem when I lived in an apartment. What's technically the rules doesn't really matter if it isn't enforced to any meaningful extent.

Think it's more an unwritten law. As a good neighbor you don't vacuum after 10 etc.

Young_Hollow

Liturgist
Kind of a short, simple rehash of some of the stuff already posted and discussed here. Some people may find this interesting though:

Basically, the Aus government wants to hold intermediaries liable for content that independent users post. So instead of prosecuting the user individually, they can threaten online platforms / intermediaries like the Codex, youtube or twatter to be legally liable (don't know whether criminally or in a civil case). This leads to these platforms / intermediaries going into heavy handed crackdown against its users for any potentially heretical content and eliminates the need for the state to lift even a finger to enforce its retarded policies. All good and devious; very similar to the online media rules that were passed in India recently (currently active but being challenged in court). Nice world we're heading towards.

ㅤㅤㅤ

Learned
However, when it comes to free speech, I'm a 100% absolutist and that is one thing I will probably never change my mind about. There are downsides, of course, and when I see what revolting shit some people post and promote on social media I do have a brief moment where I wish they all get locked up and have the key thrown away, but it passes quickly. Being able to freely say whatever you want without fear of getting fucked for it is one of the few good things brought by this "societal progress" thing. In fact, one of the biggest reasons we have all this SJW madness is because people don't use their right of free speech.
Have you ever considered the possibility that you may have it the wrong way around? That if «free speech» was not granted to antisocial groups very few would have to be afraid of having their life ruined for speaking their mind? Did not «free speech» allow these groups to grow and fester in the first place?
They self-censor because they're afraid of backlash. If the dangerhairs and other assorted freaks got more pushback from non-insane people, they wouldn't be in control of pretty much everything.
You mean if others stopped them from doing and saying what they currently are doing and saying? Yes, that would no doubt be very effective.
:hmmm:

Young_Hollow

Liturgist
Have you ever considered the possibility that you may have it the wrong way around? That if «free speech» was not granted to antisocial groups very few would have to be afraid of having their life ruined for speaking their mind? Did not «free speech» allow these groups to grow and fester in the first place?
Freedom of expression=the free market of ideas. Just like how you can't expect a controlled market to do what's beneficial for you (it'll just do what's beneficial to the market controller / authority), controlled speech doesn't benefit anyone but the people doing the controlling.

Gahbreeil

Learned
I wish this was a forum of geeks and nerds, an actual RPG discussion forum or whatever someone might call it.

Yet the truth is that is a decline forum infested by trolls who know no hero will arise as they've got enough gold to keep their hold on the stronghold. A hero as in a slayer of trolls.

Young_Hollow

Liturgist
I wish this was a forum of geeks and nerds, an actual RPG discussion forum or whatever someone might call it.

Yet the truth is that is a decline forum infested by trolls who know no hero will arise as they've got enough gold to keep their hold on the stronghold. A hero as in a slayer of trolls.
If you didn't see already, the Australian government is using nukes to kill roaches so both trolls and the stronghold will be razed to the ground soon.

Ol' Willy

Arcane
Zionist Agent Vatnik
Those antisocial groups have very powerful (((support))) in the goyvernment, media and establishment so "no free speech" will change the situation even to worse since these groups will get privileged position and their opponents will be silenced instead

laclongquan

Arcane

How your RPG project is coming along?
Hell, these days and ages, if they want to make a RPG they can try to test water with a mod in a popular game first. Tehre's a bunch of game with existing toolset, active modders, hungry audience.

If they can not learn to make do with such as that, they can keep dreaming. Dreams have everything like free labors of professional skillset or willing audience who ready to read their amateur writings.
++++ I speak as a daily reader of amateur writings, so dont think of it as professional sneer. Think of it as a reader's sneer.

Ranselknulf

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
yUKgYhBA.jpeg

Gahbreeil

Learned
How your RPG project is coming along?
How is your RPG project is coming along. It is doing fantastic if you've seen the first thread Ol' Willy.
Hell, these days and ages, if they want to make a RPG they can try to test water with a mod in a popular game first. Tehre's a bunch of game with existing toolset, active modders, hungry audience.
The only game I would mod for this to exist is Baldur's Gate: EE which is one game. As in, Dragonspear and the Throne of Bhaal combined into it so that it isn't milking the sacred cow of RPGs. Yet they would never allow the toolset to exist as they understand there would be no new selling titles. Bethesda, Obsidian, all of them would be dead because of the possibility of the actual D&D fans uniting to write a supergame.
If they can not learn to make do with such as that, they can keep dreaming. Dreams have everything like free labors of professional skillset or willing audience who ready to read their amateur writings.
++++ I speak as a daily reader of amateur writings, so dont think of it as professional sneer. Think of it as a reader's sneer.
I've had a dream of equality. I do not condone lucid dreaming. Read into it, the old faggots are sure to indocrinate you. Also, as an addition to the first reply to you laclongquan I would state the Neverwinter Nights: EE toolset is worth two dimes as you cannot even properly use it. You can sure create the modules they've had in mind yet it is impossible to create one are that looks good since you have the tile system coming in. You need to reclick one tile about a seven times to get normal grass without any unremovable clutter last I've checked.

To both of you, thank you for you concern for my RPG project. Please go on the thread and ask me for some graphics. I have one ready for you.

ㅤㅤㅤ

Learned
Those antisocial groups have very powerful (((support))) in the goyvernment, media and establishment so "no free speech" will change the situation even to worse since these groups will get privileged position and their opponents will be silenced instead
If you read my post as an apologist argument for letting other people silence you then it was misread. Instead I was raising a point of the contrary: there is nothing good to be gained by letting antisocial groups speak freely. It is a sign of weakness if you do and this is how they gain power in the first place. What little legalisation that exist against for example homosexual propaganda towards children in the East is good in my mind. These groups once they attain power do not let you speak your ideas and compel speech. So freedom of speech is something they can take advantage of but since they do not believe in it you can't take advantage of it against them. They know better.
Freedom of expression=the free market of ideas.
This idea stems from a notion of detachment which I do not buy into. Do you also let other men screw your wife? If you have nothing to fear then there should be a marketplace of free sex? Somehow it does not seem like a victory even if it turns out you are the best and have the biggest member. You are still letting other men fuck your wife. If instead of doing that and simply beat up men who express an interest in your wife, would she not have more respect for you? Would she not mean more to you and would not the relationship be more serious? Same way with ideas, if you let anyone with any ideas speak, even if they are hostile to you, then what convictions do you have? Isn't the battle already lost?
Just like how you can't expect a controlled market to do what's beneficial for you
All markets are controlled by someone.

Young_Hollow

Liturgist
This idea stems from a notion of detachment which I do not buy into. Do you also let other men screw your wife? If you have nothing to fear then there should be a marketplace of free sex? Somehow it does not seem like a victory even if it turns out you are the best and have the biggest member. You are still letting other men fuck your wife. If instead of doing that and simply beat up men who express an interest in your wife, would she not have more respect for you? Would she not mean more to you and would not the relationship be more serious? Same way with ideas, if you let anyone with any ideas speak, even if they are hostile to you, then what convictions do you have? Isn't the battle already lost?
Obviously being a cuck is bad. But that's a relationship between a man and his wife, while freedom of expression is a relationship between a state and a citizen. If a state can control speech, it can control criticism against it and reject advice that it could follow. The state becomes a state that rules with no accountability and bending to whatever goals its leaders push it to. Now here it becomes a question of how much control you want the state to have and personally, I don't want the state to be all-powerful so I say freedom of expression is necessary.
All markets are controlled by someone.
Yes, there's no guarantee a free market can be beneficial to your goals either(as its controlled by different factors), but I don't trust a market that 100% in the control of the state.

I checked your posting history and saw some shit about Fallout 2 NOT being worse than Fallout 1? Seems like you're retarded, and that makes your opinion worthless.
Apparently all it takes for a furry to go psycho stalker mode is being called out :salute: Listen, all I'm saying is you probably shouldn't fuck animals.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom