Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

ARMA 3

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013
Accepted your invite, thanks. This doesn't involve any, uhm... anus pounding, does it?

MetalCraze

Arcane
Ballistics in ArmA3 are quite monocle. I put a civilian car and placed a soldier behind it.
Then I took M14 EBR and started firing at a door. One of the bullets penetrated first door, second door and hit the soldier in a foot :salute:
(they get deflected by materials so not all penetrate straight on)

Whats your steam ID ?

It's Zewp, but for some reason people usually have trouble finding me on Steam, so if you can't find me, this is me -> http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197996761275

Groups

Gamespot Gay Gamers Union

DgeB8h1.gif

Data4

Arcane
Has anyone over there mentioned testosterone and bone density? These are the two uncheatable differences between men and women (we'll just leave out the mullet sporting butch wildebeasts, since clearly there's something genetic going on with those freaks) that cannot be overcome with conditioning.

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013
A friend invited me to the group a few years ago and I didn't want to offend, so meh.

Anyway, we should get a Steam group together for ArmA3 MP so we can easily get groups together for multiplayer. The only thing people in South Africa seem interested in playing is DayZ and the Wasteland mod.

Carrion

Arcane
Patron
So, how much single player content is there in the alpha version? Any good infantry missions?

Not that I'm expecting a great, long campaign or anything, just wondering if there are any hints that the final game might surpass ArmA2 in this department.

Self-Ejected

AngryEddy

Self-Ejected
So, how much single player content is there in the alpha version? Any good infantry missions?

Not that I'm expecting a great, long campaign or anything, just wondering if there are any hints that the final game might surpass ArmA2 in this department.

Don't buy Arma for SP.

Self-Ejected

AngryEddy

Self-Ejected
That didn't answer my question.

Yes it did. Your question is irrelevant because Arma devs don't put much thought in to anything outside of MP. If you're asking about if the previous guns/vehicles/maps are going to be imported, from what i've been told, yes, and as far as new content, nobody knows.

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013
There will likely be a substantial campaign like there was in ArmA2. I have no idea how long it was because I never really touched ArmA2 SP, but it should keep you busy at least a few hours. Then there's the editor, which is pretty easy to use, with which you can create your own missions as well.

MP is where ArmA shines, though.

Carrion

Arcane
Patron
Yes it did. Your question is irrelevant because Arma devs don't put much thought in to anything outside of MP.
Like I said, I'm not expecting a great campaign. The editor is by far the most important thing for me, but since there have been about zero tactical shooters released since ArmA2, the quality of the actual content could determine whether I'll decide to upgrade my computer now or later. Might just stick with ArmA2 otherwise.

MetalCraze

Arcane
Has anyone over there mentioned testosterone and bone density? These are the two uncheatable differences between men and women (we'll just leave out the mullet sporting butch wildebeasts, since clearly there's something genetic going on with those freaks) that cannot be overcome with conditioning.

Yes. Apart from the typical "you are a sexist asshole" responses they kept pushing for bullshit like "a well trained female can beat most weaker males".

Like beating someone up matters in a gun combat that often also involves kilometer-long walks and runs and steel nerves.

Yes it did. Your question is irrelevant because Arma devs don't put much thought in to anything outside of MP. If you're asking about if the previous guns/vehicles/maps are going to be imported, from what i've been told, yes, and as far as new content, nobody knows.
They don't put thought into MP either.

ArmA has been an SDK for your own game since it started being called ArmA.

There are 3 infantry missions. One is unbalanced CoD-like grind in a valley, another is a simplified version of OFP's Steal the car and the last one is actually good and features underwater sneaking and then some more sneaking.

SP campaign is going to suck. All missions are designed by the division that did OA and PMC campaigns. I was honestly not surprised an infantry showcase looked like another attempt to force ArmA engine into linear scripts - which fails the moment you go there on veteran difficulty where enemy AI starts to rape the fuck out of your squad.

And it's not like OA/PMC guys are doing this on purpose. They are just incapable of making anything better.

CreamyBlood

Arcane
I only liked one or two Arma 2/OA single player missions and although there are a lot of commands to get your AI to do what you want I never found micro-managing them very much fun. I prefer being a grunt in an organised MP mission. I don't even like playing my own missions in SP but who knows, others might get a kick out of it.

Single player can be okay when testing stuff out but the real fun comes through when you set the stage and get a few humans in to see how it all works out. It's usually different everytime and unpredictable. Sort of what makes it fun/stressful for me.

anus_pounder

Arcane
Guys, what visibility settings are you using ? My game lags if I go the full 12,000/8,000/200. Seems fine if I use 6,000/3,000/200 though.

thesoup

Arcane
Guys, what visibility settings are you using ? My game lags if I go the full 12,000/8,000/200. Seems fine if I use 6,000/3,000/200 though.
I just let autodetect deal with it. Not like I can have any use for a 12km visibility range anyway.

Random

Arcane
Patron
I am mega excited for this but my computer can't even handle Arma II on full settings, I'll have to wait until I get rich to buy some shitty Alienware laptop to play it :(

potatojohn

Arcane
Arma 3 runs more or less the same as 2 on my pc. But the low FPS are a bit more tolerable because it's not as "floaty"

Random

Arcane
Patron
Arma 3 runs more or less the same as 2 on my pc. But the low FPS are a bit more tolerable because it's not as "floaty"

Well that's good news, but I want a better computer anyways...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom