Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

ARMA 3

potatojohn

Arcane
What kind of retard votes "uses too little CPU" as the top issue? Is the consoltardation so widespread by now that people actually think games NEED all this insane CPU power we have available ?
Er, the problem is that people are getting like 20 fps while only 50% of the cpu and gpu is being used. That's not a sign of good optimization.

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Er, the problem is that people are getting like 20 fps while only 50% of the cpu and gpu is being used. That's not a sign of good optimization.

Then they should complain about poor performance, not how much of what is being used to deliver that poor performance.

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
What kind of retard votes "uses too little CPU" as the top issue? Is the consoltardation so widespread by now that people actually think games NEED all this insane CPU power we have available ?

DOWN WITH THIS OPTIMISATION BULLSHIT!!! IT SHOULD MAX OUT ALL 17 CORES LIKE ALL THE POORLY COMPILED AAAAAA CONSOLE PORTS GODDAMMIT !!!!

Number 3 speaks for itself. What the hell, Skyway? I thought Arma players were monocled PC gamers, all I see is a bunch of BIOtards who want to LARP hawt wymyns while maxing out the new $1000 Core i7 their daddy bought them.
Tards will probably say it's fault of the DayZ, but the truth is, as I have seen on their forums long before DayZ, that the community was always full of tards. Just like the Codex.

Flanged

Scholar
Heh, I never realised till reading this thread that potatojohn is an incarnation of BaronJohn. I like BIS games a lot, but his vitriol towards them is also entertaining, and sometimes justified.

Is Arma 3 ever coming out in shops, or is it always going to be through Steam? Thinking of getting a new graphics card for it, but there's no point (at present) if it's only available on Gabenet.

MetalCraze

Arcane
It's steam exclusive. You get better % for steam exclusivity I think and after DayZ success Gaben made them an offer they couldn't refuse. Of course it was covered by marketspeak like "Steam will totally make your game awsum! ArmA2 was barely playable without Steam but now you just hit an awsum button and the game just works!". Best part is that alpha at the moment has zero Steam features... apart from its DRM. Which as we can see is really effective.

Also baronjohn's schtick is even funnier considering how he constantly shits on the series only to spend several weeks playing the game afterwards.

He's also a pussy playing in 3rd person with fullscreen NVG and crosshair.

potatojohn

Arcane
I only play it to tell it how bad it is.

No one could ever play you but me, ArmA.

I do this for your own good.

If you ever try to leave me I'll tell everyone how clunky you control, ArmA.

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?150792-WIP-TDM-Kill-Streaks

Well I already exepected a COD-kind-of mode wouldn't get much love here^^ But you know, DayZ brought em here and they need to be entertained to keep supporting BIS

DAYZ

ITZ coming

How can one shitty mod ruin the community this much

You seem surprised, like it hasn't happened before. Counter-strike did it for Half-Life, and that shitty Warcraft 3 mod where you endlessly kill each other's endlessly respawning hero units did it for Warcraft 3. In fact, it was so bad that the shitty mod had a sequel and the actual game didn't.

MetalCraze

Arcane
HL wasn't anything but a SP shooter however (yes I know it had MP - which couldn't compete with UT and Q3).

DotA was built with gameplay that was already there in mind.

The problem here now is that new tards demand the game to be catered to their shitty taste. Since CoD is cool to hate they use the PC version of it as an example of how ArmA should be.

"zomg I want BF3 with editor and big maps! People who play sims are like people who play with trains!
BF3 is also more popular so the game must be catered to people like me! Fuck ArmA fanboys just turn this game into a proper fast paced Team Deathmatch!"

Fucking annoying arrogant pricks.

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013
Well, DayZ introduced me to ArmA and now I play both that and vanilla ArmA.

Anyway, when are we doing missions? I played the coop 10 mission with some pubs last night but it ended up in me shooting them all. I don't want to play with pubs because my sanity might slip away.

MetalCraze

Arcane
Join CDS on friday bro. I'll try to join bros I've played with since OFP in their friday session, there will be place for you if you want organized coop.

Also here we go again

http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=5492

When starting the game there is a part in the loading proceedure that where "this is war" appears on the screen in big letters. I think you really should remove this because it sounds like the arma community would celebrate war or be war fanatics. what is clearly not the case I´m absolutely sure that 99% of the arma players are aware how cruel disgusting and horrible war is in reality.
Hence I think this it is not good having the loading screen saying THIS IS WAR

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
I'm beginning to understand why developers just don't listen to any feedback anymore. When you have quality posts like that, sooner or later you will become convinced that your entire fanbase consists of dumbfucks with nothing useful to contribute.

anus_pounder

Arcane
Well, DayZ introduced me to ArmA and now I play both that and vanilla ArmA.

Anyway, when are we doing missions? I played the coop 10 mission with some pubs last night but it ended up in me shooting them all. I don't want to play with pubs because my sanity might slip away.

Willing to play today in 2 hours time if you're on. Available for most of Thursday as well. Eastern break for 2 weeks starting next week as well.

MapMan

Arcane
Got the alpha today and I gotta say this is preatty neat! I admit this is my first arma experience (nope, havn't played Day Z) and I'm still getting hang of things. Gotta figure all the controls, commands and possibilities, it's easy to get overwhelmed at the beginning. So far finished 2 introductory missions (infantry and scuba) and that was really enjoyable. Looking forward to playing more of this badboy solo and then hopping on the MP servers!

Keshik

Arcane
Join CDS on friday bro. I'll try to join bros I've played with since OFP in their friday session, there will be place for you if you want organized coop.

Also here we go again

When starting the game there is a part in the loading proceedure that where "this is war" appears on the screen in big letters. I think you really should remove this because it sounds like the arma community would celebrate war or be war fanatics. what is clearly not the case I´m absolutely sure that 99% of the arma players are aware how cruel disgusting and horrible war is in reality.

Riight, I'd be cool with them removing it as it's rather cheesy - I mean, I know it's a 'war simulator' when I start the program.

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Got the alpha today and I gotta say this is preatty neat! I admit this is my first arma experience (nope, havn't played Day Z) and I'm still getting hang of things. Gotta figure all the controls, commands and possibilities, it's easy to get overwhelmed at the beginning. So far finished 2 introductory missions (infantry and scuba) and that was really enjoyable. Looking forward to playing more of this badboy solo and then hopping on the MP servers!
get arma 2 bro, gonna keep you interested until arma 3 comes out

"We are all adults who know war is bad. Therefore, I think we should modify bits of the game so immature people that don't even play the game don't get the wrong idea about us"

Jashiin

Arcane

"We are all adults who know war is bad. Therefore, I think we should modify bits of the game so immature people that don't even play the game don't get the wrong idea about us"

Don't you just want to see that guy dead.

Self-Ejected

Brayko

Self-Ejected
I'm kinda fed up with these military shooter games. I don't really wanna step into the shoes of patriotic dumb fucks with a single digit IQ and most likely vote Republican anymore .

MetalCraze

Arcane
I'm kinda fed up with these military shooter games. I don't really wanna step into the shoes of patriotic dumb fucks with a single digit IQ and most likely vote Republican anymore .

Dumbfuck detected.

Durr it has gunz and amerikanz it must be Call of Duty

Don't you just want to see that guy dead.
He later argues that someone's child may play the game, see that text and then think that murdering people IRL is fun.
It's almost borders the line now past which some of retards supporting that ticket will go "ArmA3 will make someone shoot up a school!"

MapMan

Arcane
I played MP for a while and it's still a mess but a playable one :P Gotta wait for some really good MP scenarios and what not.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom