Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

ARMA 3

Bruticis

A friend invited me to the group a few years ago and I didn't want to offend, so meh.

Anyway, we should get a Steam group together for ArmA3 MP so we can easily get groups together for multiplayer. The only thing people in South Africa seem interested in playing is DayZ and the Wasteland mod.
We have a steam group already, Codex Diversity Squad, although our allotment for gay South Africans is currently full.

WhiskeyWolf

RPG Codex Polish Car Thief
Staff Member
Well, Whiskey joined me and we had a great time. Unfortunately the mission is really designed for 3-5 players. I've tried it solo about ten times and get killed all the time. Two players (thanks Whiskey) is not too bad. We actually cleared the East Compound but got killed in the end but it was intense and fun.

Great times. Hard mission.

I think it needs three potatoes and a canuck to complete, and even then you have to be on your toes. I doubt five would be a pushover.

Here's the mission potatojohn

I hope this isn't some scam site and infects your computer.

http://www.megafileupload.com/en/file/402705/CB-SecureKamino071-Stratis-7z.html

I've decided not to change it, unless there are bugs I'll leave it as is because I kind of like it the way it is. Even if it does piss me off. One day I'll complete it.
Hey #CreamyBlood, catch!

http://wikisend.com/download/281758/CB_SecureKamino071WW01.Stratis.rar

Something for you, I played with your mission for half a day, I tried to balance it a bit but I'm afraid I made it even harder. We could try it some time.

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013
I kid, bro, I kid. I'm sure IDtenT would welcome the company.

I actually met IDtenT in person once. And then I never saw him again.

But anyway, Anus_pounder had some issues with his credit card so I'm going to buy the game for myself beginning of next month, then we really should get a group together to do missions. ArmA2 seemed very playable with a latency of >150, so it shouldn't be too much of an issue for me to play internationally.

potatojohn

Arcane
Do remember that baronjohn plays with everything on low. For me the performance took a nosedive... Even on ArmA2 maps when loaded into ArmA3.
No I don't. I play on standard, 4x AA, FXAA ultra.

ArmA 2 latest dev build -
joFnECFMhkpAL.jpg

ArmA 3 alpha -
jbxP5GEUTVMzVE.jpg

So 3 fewer FPS, but vastly superior antialiasing, postprocessing, HDR, movement, etc. I'll take it.

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013
How do you play with anything under 30FPS? 30 FPS bothers me enough as it is, but under that would just piss me off.

MetalCraze

Arcane
30 fps is a good result in ArmA3 Alpha unless you have Bruticis PC

When I did a random battle of 60 vs 60 AIs in Agia Marina my FPS went to 13-14 (with CPU load being no more than 50% - I raged). I still managed to survive some really close calls and kill some. AIs can make their way through buildings now and really love to bombard the fuck out of you with grenades. There are no magical grenade indicators in this game so when you hear that GL 'pop' sound you better move. They navigate through complex terrain faster too. In ArmA2 it took them ages.

They just need to fix CQB reactions and they can be a proper challenge within 20m.

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013
I dunno, 20-30FPS can make precise aiming a bit difficult, but it shouldn't be too much of an issue, I guess.

agentorange

Arcane
Patron
rpghq (cant read codex pms cuz of fag 2fa)
Codex 2012
I'm having a lot of fun with it, even though I just join public servers. Usually there are a enough people who know what they're doing to pull everyone together. My PC isn't great but I seem to be able to put most stuff on high and have decent draw distance, I only notice significant fps drops when there are vehicles around.

Berekän

A life wasted
Patron
I could use one, to play with the bros, of course, been toying with the "demo" version so far and I like it, but it's hard to find decent people to get some fun, organized action.

CreamyBlood

Arcane
I'm pretty sure the invites give you the 'lite' version which doesn't include multiplayer. I could be wrong though.

anus_pounder

Arcane
I kid, bro, I kid. I'm sure IDtenT would welcome the company.

I actually met IDtenT in person once. And then I never saw him again.

But anyway, Anus_pounder had some issues with his credit card so I'm going to buy the game for myself beginning of next month, then we really should get a group together to do missions. ArmA2 seemed very playable with a latency of >150, so it shouldn't be too much of an issue for me to play internationally.

Check your steam account now...

MetalCraze

Arcane
That is correct. No MP for freebooters unless you are willing to sail the seven seas.

Only shit public MP for seven seas guys though.
Clans and communities enforce latest version of the game now - and playing ArmA in any other way but organized is a huge waste of a game.

Edit: oh wait it's even better than that!

BIS said:
Cross-joining multiplayer between default and Development branch was disabled on request of 124th Seagull Aviation Squadron.

And a special bonus - feedback tracker now has a most voted issue list!
So let's see what bothers ArmA community the most. Is it gameplay features? Is it improvements to AI? Is it SP/MP content?

:sees top3 request:
:rage:

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
What kind of retard votes "uses too little CPU" as the top issue? Is the consoltardation so widespread by now that people actually think games NEED all this insane CPU power we have available ?

DOWN WITH THIS OPTIMISATION BULLSHIT!!! IT SHOULD MAX OUT ALL 17 CORES LIKE ALL THE POORLY COMPILED AAAAAA CONSOLE PORTS GODDAMMIT !!!!

Number 3 speaks for itself. What the hell, Skyway? I thought Arma players were monocled PC gamers, all I see is a bunch of BIOtards who want to LARP hawt wymyns while maxing out the new $1000 Core i7 their daddy bought them.

LundB

Mistakes were made.
Number 3 speaks for itself. What the hell, Skyway? I thought Arma players were monocled PC gamers, all I see is a bunch of BIOtards who want to LARP hawt wymyns while maxing out the new $1000 Core i7 their daddy bought them.

DayZ happened.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom