Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Armored Core VI: Fires of Rubicon

Jinn

Arcane
How does it run? Post some performance info you fucking heathens
The game has literally the best performance of any Fromsoft game since Dark Souls 2. It's extremely forgiving, despite looking very nice.

DonGabo

Novice
I got some stuttering in the desert stage with the storm. On top of the stage the fps where over 60, but the frame pacing was trash. Overall, good performance. The best mouse and keyboard controls Fromsoft has implemented.

A little too easy. Just fought the first 3 arena enemies, haven't lost once in the entire game. Still, when you replay stages you get a ranking, and I only got a B rank on the desert boss when trying to fix the frame pacing.

Gamepad controls are a joke. Huge deadzones on the thumbsticks.

i7-8086K CPU @ 4.00GHz
2080 TI

jaekl

Educated
Patron
Skating around in a plastic robot in the grim land of grayness, every shade of gray you could ever hope for really, shooting at tiny incomprehensible objects in the distance that explode. Then a helicopter attacks and there's cover everywhere which is just a trick to make sure streamers die and go "Are you *SERIOUS* bro?!" to their audience. The game wants you to have a sword fight with the helicopter (sigh) but you have to take your thumb off of the right stick to use the ascend button. Very gay. The helicopter may also fly outside the invisible walls that bind you to the arbitrary boss arena. If the rest of the game is more of the same, I probably won't finish it tbh.

Jinn

Arcane
The game wants you to have a sword fight with the helicopter (sigh) but you have to take your thumb off of the right stick to use the ascend button.
Not sure if you're being facetious, but this is absolutely not what the game wants you to do. You can do that, but you certainly don't need to.

Latro

Arcane
I find it hilarious that fromsoft decided to wall everyone off from MP until they get well into the game. It’s a great game and controls extremely smoothly. There’s no bear sex so it can’t get rpg codex goty but it does have some balteus rape

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
I find it hilarious that fromsoft decided to wall everyone off from MP until they get well into the game. It’s a great game and controls extremely smoothly. There’s no bear sex so it can’t get rpg codex goty but it does have some balteus rape

Can't become RPG Codex GOTY until you're an RPG, bear or no bear

Mojobeard

Augur
the frame pacing was trash
Standard From Soft game then. They haven't been able to implement correct frame pacing since the very first Souls game. They keep reusing the same engine and never corrected this basic flaw.
They said the next not-Souls is going to use UE. Probably because they got a little sick of trying to work around their super old engine with the open world of Elden Ring.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Probably too early to ask this but is anybody noticing some new design principle operating in this thing that brings this into the "modern" FromSoft mold or is it just a straight up follow up to the old games.

I know the Sekiro guy was in charge of this so my "best case scenario" was some unique combat system like the one he came up with for Sekiro, something that makes this feel like step up from old Armored Core the way Sekiro was a step up from Tenchu.

I noticed a lot of normies are getting filtered by the tutorial boss so i'm hoping that is the case.

Jinn

Arcane
Well, between doing tutorials, normal missions, side-missions, re-doing some missions for OST chips, arena bouts, toying around in the garage, I've ended up at about 6 hours without leaving Act 1. If anyone has a playstyle similar to mine, you can easily expect that 25-35 hour for a first playthrough.

abija

Prophet
They said the next not-Souls is going to use UE. Probably because they got a little sick of trying to work around their super old engine with the open world of Elden Ring.
I really hope they don't or they hit some wall fast and give up before decision becomes final.

Matador

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Well, between doing tutorials, normal missions, side-missions, re-doing some missions for OST chips, arena bouts, toying around in the garage, I've ended up at about 6 hours without leaving Act 1. If anyone has a playstyle similar to mine, you can easily expect that 25-35 hour for a first playthrough.
Campaigns are not supposed to be long anyway. It's a game with great relatability trying different mecha builds for each challenge.

Unfortunately we will have retards complaining is short compared to souls or Elden ring.

Elthosian

Arcane
Did From ensure to keep the helicopter boss fight outside the 2-hours refund range?
No, but if you’re a bad enough player the boss fight might get you over the 2 hour limit and rightfully block you from refunding.

Btw, been seeing some talk of having to disable hyperthreading from the bios on older intel CPUs to get the game to perform as intended.

Dishonoredbr

Liturgist
Defeated the first boss after 5 tries. I restarted 3 times the entire mission trying beat him with the remained AP, gave up then died to get full AP and defeated him.

Lowkey, i want to restart the game just to defeat him with the starting AP.. It just feel wrong to use repair kits man neither having Full AP for a Boss fight after dying coming from AC1 , MoA and Phastma..

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom