Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Armored Core VI: Fires of Rubicon

Latro

Arcane
Defeated the first boss after 5 tries. I restarted 3 times the entire mission trying beat him with the remained AP, gave up then died to get full AP and defeated him.

Lowkey, i want to restart the game just to defeat him with the starting AP.. It just feel wrong to use repair kits man neither having Full AP for a Boss fight after dying coming from AC1 , MoA and Phastma..
The game doesn’t rank you until you retry at mission review, so I’d say it’s designed with at least some repair in mind.

WhiskeyWolf

RPG Codex Polish Car Thief
Staff Member
It seems that the Rape Spider is the first casual filter... because I can't beat it.
:negative:

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Heh, watching people complain the game is too hard is amusing.

Yamamura making people his bitch i love it.

Herumor

Scholar
I got my ass handed to my with my bipedal build when facing that missile boat of a boss. Gonna try tank threads and different weapons set up for his pulse shield bullshit.

Also, is it just me or are S rankings not that hard to get so far when replaying the missions?

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Is it true that the sword is overpowered?

I wanted to make a battleship as my first mech, just mowing shit down with gutling guns and rockets. Had something like that on Armored Core 1.

Herumor

Scholar
Is it true that the sword is overpowered?
I'm only in the early missions and it's proving to be a great addition while my ranged weapons are reloading, but that said you can absolutely go full battleship. I'm replaying some of the previous missions to test out my tank treads build, the grenade launcher on the left arm and the plasma rifle on the right and it's ridiculous how everything dies so fast when you combo the two neatly. Also, drifting as a tank is fucking amazing as well.

jaekl

Learned
Patron
we all saw what happened to dark souls 2 when he wasn't keeping the fools on a leash.

Attributes mattered and there was more build variety?
Haha man, I'm not the guy to talk to about that kinda stuff, I've played the exact same type of character in every souls game. To me, Dark Souls 2 felt like when someone tells you about this amazing overhaul mod you've got to try. Very inconsistent, strange, janky, unfocused. The one place I liked was the main hub area that had a silent hill vibe.

Latro

Arcane
Sword is just ok, I’m melting everything with dual laser pistols and a grenade launcher for stagger. Couple it with the OS damage increase and a close range FCS and you wreck everything. The chargeable laser sword with a lunging AOE is also great. I love this game.

Machocruz

Arcane
I didn't play every AC, but some of them were like the Underrail of mech games. If you were having too much trouble with an encounter, you need to look at your build. You're not meant to have a permanent config throughout the game. And having multiple mecha designs in your garage is one of the best parts of these games.

Latro

Arcane
Re: balance, melee is fun and probably viable, but shields kinda suck ass. It’s definitely about out-DPSing enemies and staggering them with occasional boost dodges (with no iframes it’s more commital, which is refreshing).

I suspect shields are maybe better in PVP but I won’t touch it until after first play through.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
People complaining the game is too hard makes me want to buy it.

I wish I had more free time so I could. Maybe in a month or so.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Yamamura while reading those commnents:

yt.ipBDs0gnPRg.1024.576.1.jpg

Fucking normies wtf were they expecting anyway.

BTW, Yamamura-san mentioned two things in his pre-release interview. One, that the game was going to have some Souls elements (confirmed with bosses), but he also mentioned something about expanding on the level design? I forgot what he said exactly but i clearly remember him talking about this can anybody confirm the missions get more involved later on?

Latro

Arcane
Only thing I noticed is that there are tougher ACs lurking around that are either bounty or guard part unlocks. Also, assault boost pile bunkers are so sexy

PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Alright, beat AC6. Took ~14 hours to go through the story and also do all 30 of the arena missions.
Apparently there's more when you NG++ it, but I'm not going to at least not yet.
Was pretty fun.

20230825122221_1.jpg

20230825113451_1.jpg

Latro

Arcane
Re: builds

+15% damage bonus is pretty good and will most likely dictate meta. I kinda went with laser by accident, but it was a good mistake since lasers in this game have some great charge attacks (sword, shotgun). Kinetics look like they get access to homing missiles for RJs/hovertanks, so I’m getting pretty excited to explore pvp

Herumor

Scholar
Alright, beat AC6. Took ~14 hours to go through the story and also do all 30 of the arena missions.
Huh, I'm 10 hours into the game, still haven't crossed the ocean after the Doser fight, but I guess I tend to replay a lot and play around with my AC builds, plus I have this hoarding obsession of getting every single part which necessitates replaying everything and getting S ranks and combat logs.

Jinn

Arcane
I can't imagine going through the game that fast, but I love playing around with parts, testing out weird builds, reading all the descriptions, and retrying missions. Still, 14 hours within the 24 hour release period. Must have loved it a lot to gobble it down that quickly.

Last edited:
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I thought I was going through a bit slow tbh. I was rp walking through missions and stuff while searching the bigger levels for secrets and whatnot. I replayed a few missions in the beginning when I didn't have money, but eventually I just had more money than I knew what to do with more often than not. I didn't feel the need to S rank mission replays, mainly because I didn't feel like it would jive with my playstyle. But I did play around with different builds and whatnot and collected the parts that I felt would be useful or cool to play with (though tbh, I wish there were more mech parts. Compared to the weapons, the mech parts are lacking in number)

Latro

Arcane
I thought I was going through a bit slow tbh. I was rp walking through missions and stuff while searching the bigger levels for secrets and whatnot. I replayed a few missions in the beginning when I didn't have money, but eventually I just had more money than I knew what to do with more often than not. I didn't feel the need to S rank mission replays, mainly because I didn't feel like it would jive with my playstyle. But I did play around with different builds and whatnot and collected the parts that I felt would be useful or cool to play with (though tbh, I wish there were more mech parts. Compared to the weapons, the mech parts are lacking in number)
It’s a series that always gets an expansion/sequel to every numbered entry, so I imagine it’s already been cleared

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom