Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Assassin's Creed Shadows - Afro Samurai in late Sengoku period Japan - coming November 15th

Executr

Cipher

I worked on some narrative elements for the Sengoku Era of Japan for Assassin’s Creed back in 2013-2014 when I worked under contract in San Jose/Tokyo (Aeria). I guess they tossed all that out for Black Samurai and some canon-destroying Kunoichi-boss?I’m so glad I’m not in that industry anymore. I guess it’s only fitting that my contributions to these studios vanish like everything else I worked on (every MMO shooter I have worked on has been shutdown).Here’s a brief synopsis of the original story (from what I can remember — it’s been a decade):The plot focused on the young monk, “Yamauchi Taka” as the playable ancestor. “Taka” means “Hawk” to coincide with the then naming convention of every playable hero being named after a bird of prey (no idea if that changed with all of these newer, disjointed games that no longer have Desmond as the core hero that bound everything together).The main conflict was about “The Sword of Eden” (aka “Excalibur”, “Honjō Masamune”, “Genghis Khan’s Sword”, etc.). and how it had given its latest wielder, Oda Nobunaga, an unfair advantage in his conquest of Japan. After Nobunaga is assassinated by Hattori Hanzo, Taka becomes a part of the brotherhood and, under Hanzo, is trained as an Assassin (Shinobi). The brotherhood try to transport the recovered sword out of Japan but are beset by Jesuit (Templar) ships and it is lost. To make matters worse,Hanzo is assassinated as he considers retirement as a monk. His lord, Tokugawa Ieyasu, charges Taka with finding the killer (and recovering the sword).Despite Nobunaga’s successor, Toyotomi Hideyoshi acquiring the sword and going on a rampage that extends into Korea, Taka steals the sword back and mad Daimyo loses his power, weakening his campaign in Korea. Incensed by the theft, Toyotomi believes he was betrayed by the Templars and basically exterminates all Jesuits (Templars) in Japan. Taka infiltrates Toyotomi’s castle and faces him in a final battle, resulting Toyotomi’s death. The ambitious daimyo is left to die as Taka slips away before his retainers could intercept him. The now seasoned assassin spares Toyotomi’s infant heir, knowing the clan has lost its teeth and will eventually wither without Hideyoshi. Ieysau begins his ambitious power grab, demanding Taka and the Brotherhood give him the sword and help him wipe away (“abstergo” in Latin) all of his enemies from Japan to fully unite it under his clan’s banners. Taka and the Brotherhood decline and vanish into the shadows with the sword.Oh well. Black Samurai and Kunoichi it is. What a shame.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Found this on Twitter:

GN9X6PvXkAEJW36.jpg

That's the team, which explains a lot. However, if you zoom in...

GN9frUbXcAArxGI.png

Oh interesting. I thought it was a joke first, and it might still be. But she is there in the main picture (if it's real, but I don't see why it wouldn't be).
She is the woman behind Sweet Baby Inc. The post says she is a former UBIsoft employee, so unsure about her connection to the game otherwise. Nonetheless, it's very telling of the state of things :)

lycanwarrior

Scholar
Shiiieeeet, let's just go full racist.

Representation doesnt matter
Jesus, never thought I would agree with IGN Also the writter is Korean lmao

Koreans and Chinese, especially the older ones/1st-generation have had major historical animosity/grievances against the Japanese. Many of them don't really identify with them, regardless of racial/genetic similarities.

That's true, but perhaps even more so after WW2...

IIRC, the brutality of the Japanese army in Nanking China was so brutal that it even horrified the Nazis!!!

Which doesn't make sense to me in a way. I mean, what could possibly be worse than the HOLOCAUST!!!

:imperialscum::troll:

LabRat

Learned
Maybe we'll see nigger fuck femboy since shudō was part of samurai culture including daimyo and even monks.

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Shiiieeeet, let's just go full racist.

Representation doesnt matter
Jesus, never thought I would agree with IGN Also the writter is Korean lmao

Koreans and Chinese, especially the older ones/1st-generation have had major historical animosity/grievances against the Japanese. Many of them don't really identify with them, regardless of racial/genetic similarities.

That's true, but perhaps even more so after WW2...

IIRC, the brutality of the Japanese army in Nanking China was so brutal that it even horrified the Nazis!!!

Which doesn't make sense to me in a way. I mean, what could possibly be worse than the HOLOCAUST!!!

:imperialscum::troll:

The asians do not screw around...

ind33d

Learned
Found this on Twitter:

View attachment 49821

That's the team, which explains a lot. However, if you zoom in...

View attachment 49822

Oh interesting. I thought it was a joke first, and it might still be. But she is there in the main picture (if it's real, but I don't see why it wouldn't be).
She is the woman behind Sweet Baby Inc. The post says she is a former UBIsoft employee, so unsure about her connection to the game otherwise. Nonetheless, it's very telling of the state of things :)
These people don't have a moment of clarity while falsifying historical documents of the legendary Japanese samurai Gibsme Da-Tfofree? Like at some point while rewriting millions of years of human records into Jive, even the dumbest retard would ask "Are We the Baddies?" This is honestly more egregious than things that Winston Smith actually did in "1984"

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
Why would a game that's 100% about Japan at a time when it was 100% ethnically Japanese even need a diverse dev team? That's like putting sugar in your gas tank to make the fuel more "diverse".

Rhetorical question of course.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
It's a joke that boomers can't distinguish AI, but we should consider that the zoomers and alphas are equally dumb.

Dead internet theory, bros. It's just mostly bots posting AI pictures on the web now.

Mauman

Learned

I'm halfway tempted to make an X account just to see the comments on this.

I want to believe that people would not fall for something so obviously fake, but my faith in humanity (or lack thereof) tells me otherwise.

Be Kind Rewind

Educated
Zionist Agent
I am suprised yehuditron still haven't locked the thread into the gaming drama
He's slacking as of late, he's too busy oy veyying and shutting down conversation about the genocide of Palestinians would be my guess. Either that or video games are so obvious political agitprop now that it's impossible to quarantine people talking about it anymore. In this case, what else are people even going to talk about? It's Jewbesoft formulaic slop.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom