Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Assassin's Creed Shadows - Afro Samurai in late Sengoku period Japan - coming November 15th

Elttharion

Learned
there is no actual proof he was actually from Africa. He could have easily been from somewhere like Bangladesh.
There's that, but there's also this really odd quote:

he impressed with size, strength, and wits; he served under the Japanese daimyo Oda Nobunaga.

Considering they've been dropping hints that Yasuke is gay, this line becomes highly suspect. How happy do you think the Japanese will be if Yasuke's backstory is in this game that he's banging Nobunaga?
Funny how they say he impressed with 'wits' when the 'official sources' say the japs thought he was funny because he knew some tricks.

Mauman

Scholar
Funny how they say he impressed with 'wits' when the 'official sources' say the japs thought he was funny because he knew some tricks.
At this point, I think it's safe to say that Pokemon Conquest is a more historically accurate adaptation of Nobunaga's time.
As I've said earlier, Abraham Lincoln, Vampire Hunter is more historically accurate than this. At least they got the fact that Abe was actually president right.

While I do expect a level of historical accuracy in an AC game, I acknowledge that liberties will be taken. Generally speaking, the people in the games roughly add up to who they were and what they did in reality. AC just adds on the whole Templar/Assassin/sci-fi stuff on top.

This is different. Really different. It's outright historical revisionism at this point.

there is no actual proof he was actually from Africa. He could have easily been from somewhere like Bangladesh.
There's that, but there's also this really odd quote:

he impressed with size, strength, and wits; he served under the Japanese daimyo Oda Nobunaga.

Considering they've been dropping hints that Yasuke is gay, this line becomes highly suspect. How happy do you think the Japanese will be if Yasuke's backstory is in this game that he's banging Nobunaga?
Something the progressives don't like to admit is that the black community is generally pretty hostile to LGB stuff. Never mind the T hanger-ons to whom they're particularly not nice to.

(actually, they're pretty hostile to anyone outside of the black community, but I digress)

This will probably hurt them. Though the reason is pretty fucked, i still take a perverse pleasure in any pain that comes their (Ubi's) way.

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Something the progressives don't like to admit is that the black community is generally pretty hostile to LGB stuff. Never mind the T hanger-ons.
They're pretty hostile towards it, but they're also disproportionately part of the fag community. I think it's along the lines of 1 in 5 trannies are black when they're 1 in 8 of the United States population. Hispanics also have a high percentage of trannies compared to their percentage of the population.
This will probably hurt them.
I bet Tariq Nasheed preordered when he heard about the gay angle in the game.

Mauman

Scholar
Something the progressives don't like to admit is that the black community is generally pretty hostile to LGB stuff. Never mind the T hanger-ons.
They're pretty hostile towards it, but they're also disproportionately part of the fag community. I think it's along the lines of 1 in 5 trannies are black when they're 1 in 8 of the United States population. Hispanics also have a high percentage of trannies compared to their percentage of the population.
They're also number 1 when it comes to who kills the most T's.

Which I suppose fits into how black on black crime is also pretty darn high.

Surprised about the Hispanics though, as they're still greatly tied to Christianity on a cultural basis.

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
They're number 1 when it comes to any violent crime statistic.

That's one thing I thought was funny about UbiSoft doing this in light of the recent #StopAsianHate thing which quickly got scrubbed when they found out what demographic was doing the vast, VAST majority of violent crimes against Asians. It's almost like you could take some of the action oriented screenshots from this game, slap #StopAsianHate on there and really upset UbiSoft's apple cart.

Mauman

Scholar
They're number 1 when it comes to any violent crime statistic.

That's one thing I thought was funny about UbiSoft doing this in light of the recent #StopAsianHate thing which quickly got scrubbed when they found out what demographic was doing the vast, VAST majority of violent crimes against Asians. It's almost like you could take some of the action oriented screenshots from this game, slap #StopAsianHate on there and really upset UbiSoft's apple cart.
Yeah, I'm aware :P

Reinhardt

Arcane
This game is Western negrophile fantasy disguised as a multimillion dollar entertainment product.

From Ubisoft's news post:
Yasuke: A Real-Life Samurai

The decision to include a playable, real-life historical figure of this era in Assassins’ Creed Shadows was two-fold: Ubisoft Quebec wanted to include a Samurai, and Yasuke’s story was open-ended enough to allow for creativity; there are still plenty of questions and speculation surrounding him. The fascinating facts, though, were undisputable: of African origin, he arrived in Japan enslaved by the Portuguese; he impressed with size, strength, and wits; he served under the Japanese daimyo Oda Nobunaga. There must have been something exceptional about Yasuke to succeed in the service of a personality like Nobunaga’s, the team explains, and the goal has been to expound on this in Assassin’s Creed Shadows through his curiosity, openness, respect for values and tradition, valor, warmth, and charisma.

He also offers a unique perspective on the period: players can discover Japan alongside him. On one hand, he serves as a warning for the colonizing threat that the Portuguese present, and on the other, he adapted and thrived in Japan, and can be viewed as an example of the meritocratic structure established under Nobunaga. In Assassin’s Creed Shadows, his historical story is established, and then developed and expanded from that point (the team won’t spoil how he’s linked to Assassin’s Creed’s lore; players will have to play the game to find out).
The difference in their social stature is reflected in the world itself, which will respond differently to the player depending on who they are playing as. Naoe, for example, can present herself as a peasant and garner appropriate reactions; that is, if she wants to be seen at all. Yasuke, on the other hand, comes from a different land, but his status as a samurai garners respect from others, so people will bow to him on the streets. Characters can have different expectations of the pair, and in some cases, will prefer to deal with only one or the other.

It has also been suggested today that both characters are LGBT because of the following paragraph (taken from the same post)
Naoe and Yasuke’s disparate personalities also lead them to have different relationships and rapports with other characters, and they don’t always feel the same way about people, nor do people always feel the same way about them. Romantically, they will also attract and be attracted to different types of people. Through the pair, players will get to experience a multitude of relationships.
Source: Ubisoft.com

LMAO if nigga was so strong, agile and smart why didn't her outrun fucking net?
because he was captured by strong, agile and smart nigga from another tribe.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
At this point, I think it's safe to say that Pokemon Conquest is a more historically accurate adaptation of Nobunaga's time.
Not like Japs respect their own history.
They'd probably turn Nobunaga into a 3000 year old Loli.

Elttharion

Learned
Not like Japs respect their own history.
They'd probably turn Nobunaga into a 3000 year old Loli.
Already happened somewhat

DB3F2DE298BEE21359756B33D592002E23714EA2

rumSaint

Novice
It will be pretty hilarious actually:

"Despite being only 0,000013 percent of the population, blacks commit 52% of all murders"

ind33d

Learned
the only thing to do is send someone from Codex to Africa and report back about what their video games are like

TheKing01

Literate
How will they handle Yasuke walking around in Japanese villages? Will everyone just be in awe at him 24/7?

It's going to be very strange if he's just regarded as another inhabitant of Japan, considered that'd be the first time a lot of the local Japanese populace would have ever seen a black man.

GrainWetski

Arcane
How will they handle Yasuke walking around in Japanese villages? Will everyone just be in awe at him 24/7?

It's going to be very strange if he's just regarded as another inhabitant of Japan, considered that'd be the first time a lot of the local Japanese populace would have ever seen a black man.
Didn't you know that every country at every point in history is exactly like the modern American zoo?

Reinhardt

Arcane
"why hip hop suddenly blasting at background? i'm about to be assassinated?" - famous last words of many japanese daimyos.

deuxhero

Arcane
Reminds me of the survey that said "DS" (could be DS+3DS) was still significantly strong among Japanese youth (Yahoo Auctions shows all but the legitimately rare DS+GBA titles go cheap there and the hardware is negligible cost).

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom