Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline ATOM RPG: Trudograd - standalone expansion sequel to ATOM RPG

Atomboy

Atom Team
Developer
I also only learnt that беляш fact recently. I still don't know if that's the same беляш. On grandmasters: they have a harder AI version, they count cards making longer chains of decision like a chess AI, but they also have their chance of getting a better starting lineup increased. There's no way for you to increase it. Just survive their first few turns! Bombagun difficulty is a huge thorn in our side. When I made it everyone started playing it instead of working, and we added local multiplayer for it (which later turned into an android app) and played one another, so we became really good, then one after another we learned to count cards and predict what the opponent will play. When the app became public knowledge, we all soon got a 2300+ Elo rating which equates to chess grandmaster but in Bombagun. Then someone made the Hard AI and we started destroying it utterly, so as a last ditch effort we made it have a better hand to create a challenge. But now, more and more, it turns out that this was overkill for an average player. Might get patched. But this is only for Grandmasters, the rules are completely equal for all other NPCs.

I just went out to try and find a belyash cause I really wanted one after playing Trudograd and couldn't find one anywhere. Literally wandered the city for an hour trying to find a glorious lil' meaty pie and couldn't get one anywhere, just soggy looking samsas. GODDAMN GLOBOHOMO DESTROYING OUR GLORIOUS SOVIET TRADITIONS.

Anyway, about Bombagun. Are the other Grandmasters any easier? I've already deafeted the one in
Second Tier
who seemed much easier. I really don't want to seriously suggest that you dumb your game down for me (git gud, AMIRITE?) but I almost ragequit a few times cause of Mr Peremech. I already savescummed a few times just so I could gloriously murder him in different ways.

By the way, are there other normal non-GM players? So far the only one I've found is the guy in the hotel.
Lol, try the гастроном на районе! My гастроном на районе bakes peremech, while my supermarket only has terrible pizzas and stuff.
All GMs should be the same. The non-GM players have a Bombagun button in their dialogue menu near the Barter button. There are around 10-20 I think?

------------------------------------------

Also, wrote this bit of text for every Special Armor camo pattern description:

К сожалению размеры и производимый специальной бронёй грохот аннулируют камуфляжное воздействие данной раскраски.
Unfortunately, the noise produced by the Special Armor, as well as its bulk, stop the camo pattern from actually masking the unit in close quarters even in the slightest.

Hopefully now nobody thinks it gives stealth anymore!!!!!!!!!!

razvedchiki

Erudite
I just went out to try and find a belyash cause I really wanted one after playing Trudograd and couldn't find one anywhere. Literally wandered the city for an hour trying to find a glorious lil' meaty pie and couldn't get one anywhere, just soggy looking samsas. GODDAMN GLOBOHOMO DESTROYING OUR GLORIOUS SOVIET TRADITIONS.

Anyway, about Bombagun. Are the other Grandmasters any easier? I've already deafeted the one in
Second Tier
who seemed much easier. I really don't want to seriously suggest that you dumb your game down for me (git gud, AMIRITE?) but I almost ragequit a few times cause of Mr Peremech. I already savescummed a few times just so I could gloriously murder him in different ways.

By the way, are there other normal non-GM players? So far the only one I've found is the guy in the hotel.

i get the urge to eat condensed milk and a big cheese head every time i play atom.

Parabalus

Arcane
The Borometz seeds quest - any difference whether you give him Judas tree, wolfseed or the real deal?

Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Hey dude, I swear, the Meaning of Life quest is working as intended. Where did you get that fuel? Did you by any chance ordered it via console using the ID:fuel instead of ID:petrol ? Because the first one is a dummy not used for anything in the game. If it's not too much of a bother could you send me your save file to support@atomrpg.com ? I'm still looking for ways to get your bug but I don't.
That was it! I feel filthy for using the console, and in a bad way :D

jackofshadows

Magister
Ok, so I finished and have some thoughts. First off, the game looks and sounds really great albeit funnily enough, the location guy overdid things here and there. Second, many by now know my opinion on ATOM's writing but I won't delve into that anyway because I've played in Russian and from what I've seen the translation might vary quite a lot in the little things that matter. I'm so tired of zany stuff, overly expressions and excessive wordiness in general of the Russian version that I just will simply say one last time that I consider the writing aspect abysmal and be done with it. Mind you, I have some questions regarding "big" things in it as well but rather not to talk about them.

With that out of the way, let's proceed to the game mechanics and what has changed since ATOM RPG, which was in itself mechanically wise pretty much a carbon copy of Fallout with the exception of the completely reworked perk system. Coincidentally, their new perk system was considered the weakest game's point so it underwent a major revision in Trudograd. The main problem with the old perk system was that for the entire game player could learn just a several mostly non-impactful abilities therefore enhance his char only so much, it was simply no fun. With the new one I see the opposite problem: at some point you just don't know what to learn anymore despite the apparent abundance.
28216BEBBCDD41475E6E45BE1EB387BE5039E2A9
Sorry enough, said point may be reached quite early even in case of starting a new char because the starting level is 15 which means you can buy a handful amount of abilities initially not to mention import cases of 20, 25 or higher level chars. You have your chosen weapon tree and trust me: the game is unable to encourage you to develop more than one combat skill, you have the survival tree for your char to become tougher and you have the crafting/thievery/general tree where you might also wanna learn a few perks right away like +20% XP perma bonus. So in practice, while you see a lot of options, you actually want only a very limited amount for whatever your char's archetype and there's no shortage of points for that. Disappointing.

So, the perk tree has been revised, but what else? What about the encounter design, what about combat in general? I'd lie if I said there's the same old, same old; they added a few actual tactical tools like smoke grenades or now there's the new awesome piercing mechanic. But before we talk about that, we should address the elephant in the room or should I say the metal beast in the room: the powerspecial armor. I honestly don't know what they were thinking. I mean, pretty sure they wanted to add that thing long before the actual expansion-turned-out-to-be-sequel development but then either things gone off the rails too quickly (the tier upgrades, the modifications, the special moves/features - it's all so cool! let's add this, let's add that etc etc) or the idea of so called agent walking around Trudograd in that most of the playthrough and smashing pathetic thugs or bums if desired left and right was theirs all along.

Sure, the armor isn't cheap by all means but accumulating money is a natural process in Trudograd: you really don't have to spent them on anything, you're swimming in quest rewards, free loot, if you got some basic gear and develop combat skill there's the whole random encounter's gold mine... So you just buy that goddamned armor rather sooner than later. It would be so much better if the thing would be either accessible in the latest stage of the game only or designed as a massive trade-off. Like, yeah, you got your huge damage thresholds and resistances but you receive some severe penalties (6-8 hard ap cap for instance or vulnerability to certain types of attacks, to critical hits, anything). All you get in turn is a huge sneak penalty which means you cannot effectively skip random encounters with said skill. That's it. Yes, you also get a big evasion penalty which indirectly would mean you'd be hit critically much more often if they wouldn't balance it out back by adding basically the reverse bonus to the armor in question. The end result looks more or less like this:
1BF18E772D4AAF0539A4CD0A57C5700D6A905516

Hey mum, I got 143 body damage resistance, how's that even works? Mum, I'm also a bit drugged.
With that kind of defence, you are only vulnerable to critical hits so unless you're playing on survival (ironman mode), you have nothing to worry about. If something went wrong, you just go into the inventory and guzzle some stims just like in the good old Fallout. How exciting. Before I forget, here's the reminder that subj doesn't have a proper cover system. Now, to the offence: things have not gone too far from Fallout as well. For example, thanks to the certain perk there's literally no reason not to shoot in the eyes with a rifle. And the cost of the aimed shot is just +1 more ap than the usual one. And the cost is the same regardless of the type of a shot. Yeah, just like in the... At this point I'd like to digress and resort to the recent quote of some guy:
Fallout, like Arcanum and Torment, is too venerable to be improved. Doesn't mean they're perfect (the flaws are obvious but I'd attribute them to all too understandable development constraints rather than mistakes) but it would be too arrogant to think we can somehow do better. So Fallout will forever remain a inspiration, not a target for improvement.
Hah! Easy for him to say things like that. In all seriousness, I've no idea what AtomTeam were trying to achieve: if they were trying to *improve* the formula, then they have failed miserably. If they were simply trying to recreate it, just on their own terms, then I'm... still not sure what's the point in that. Either way, there's nothing for RPG enthusiasts there, it's "been there, done that" all over. Referring to the new combat-related stuff and the encounter design: now you can see why it was a wasted effort. And there was an effort, I must say.

Tl;dr regarding combat aspect: it's completely and utterly ruined, not worth the time unless you want to shoot/whack some stuff after a busy day in the sorta familiar manner.

The quest design is ok.

P.S. I don't wanna leave a negative review on Steam because I wish the best for AtomTeam in their endeavours hence ^ this instead.

Last edited:

Darkwind

Liturgist
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is.
The above review actually sort of makes me glad I did not play too far into the first ATOM game. This game taken in isolation is probably quite enjoyable. Taken as part of the set it sounds like you end up with 'more of the same', but then, many games are like that so not sure this is all that different in that regard.

Vezok

Novice
It seems Trudograd is the only game without any big problems out of the three russian rpg releases of this month.

Reading the threads, Pathfinder has terrible writing derived from the WotR adventure path and Encased falls apart after the first 20%.

Good thing I spent money only on Trudograd.

Darth Canoli

Arcane
You can have a lot of one night stands! And there IS a VERY special prostitute in the docks.

I only found two so far, one in the outskirts, one in the scrapyard, might be one in the factory but she's stalling even if we both know she wants it badly.
It's not fun at all with prostitutes, housewives and secretaries is the shit!

That's what's missing from arcanum...

This, good encounter design, good dungeon design and good character development...

Is there anything you can do with the rock with the hole on Skull Island?

It might have something to do with

The mysterious key

You get it from the docks area

From the accordion player

Just heal him if you can

Atomboy

Some suggestions:
  • Being able to filter items by weight (weight by stack) in the inventory would help a lot to know what to sell/get rid of in priority.
  • A clean crafting components button for the crafting interface would be nice too

Minor bugs
  • Inventory filters aren't always saved when switching characters, I have no idea why.
  • Weapon mods don't display (apply?) perks like +stun and +piercing armor (skill requirements work), damage is only max damage, might be worth mentioning somewhere, display works for this too.

I disagree with Jackou's review, there's still room for improvement but it's still very good, better than ATOM even, if ATOM was your Fallout 2, Trudograd is Fallout 1, more focused (and with a lot improvements as well), i'll write a short review once i've completed it.

Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Darth Canoli re: skull island
I only managed to get tragic ending, when he throws himself into the water after seeing the movie (I think it's from the snuff ring postman quest in Atom)

jackofshadows

Magister
It might have something to do with

The mysterious key
The mysterious key has nothing to do with the rock. It opens
the mysterious chest in the certain flat on Kolotushkina street
Why you think these two things are connected anyway?
I disagree with Jackou's review, there's still room for improvement but it's still very good
I put emphasis on combat aspect it that wasn't clear. It sure is hopeless. That doesn't mean I think the whole game is. For anyone who don't dislike the writing as I do and don't mind the derivative mechanics it might be a very enjoyable experience. Hell, even I had quite amount of fun during the EA and during this basically second playthrough.

Moreover, despite that I think the TG's combat aspect is hopeless I'd love to hear the announce (which won't happen) about ATOM Tactics (or something) with the focus on combat and its reworked combat system of course.

Parabalus

Arcane
What's there to do in the Lone Cave? Outside of killing the differently named vampires?

Where are you supposed to plant the bomb on the ship?

Last edited:

Parabalus

Arcane
What's there to do in the Lone Cave? Outside of killing the differently named vampires?
It'll become relevant later on.
Where are you supposed to plant the bomb on the ship?
On a big pipe, inside the drug storage, it sorta sikrit means you cannot see the room untill you walk into it.

Yeah, cleared it and didn't check back.

What's the deal with Arashi and the Itko there?
Can you talk to the fish? Can you get the implant from the head of the boss?

Darth Canoli

Arcane
Checking for the strange box (came back at night) made me solve two more quests and find a "secret" basement hidden behind one of the buildings.

Is the progression in the vault (i can't remember the name) where you're supposed to find armor upgrades is story related?
I can't get through the door and it doesn't seem like there is another way, tried an explosive on a wall opposite to the gas canisters just in case but of course, it didn't work.

There's also a blocked path outside of the dam, explosives didn't clear it either.

jackofshadows

Magister
Can you talk to the fish? Can you get the implant from the head of the boss?
As far as I know, no to both. But
if you save Arashi, you get a quest from him later on
I can't get through the door and it doesn't seem like there is another way
It should open just by using the special armor. Try to buff str, drink vodka or something but even that seems unnecessary. The other way where the canisters are is the way out (in order to blow them, you need to charge into it).
There's also a blocked path outside of the dam, explosives didn't clear it either.
Curious about that myself.

Last edited:
The Dam thing is prob something that will be relevant to revolutionary playthrough. I'm doing one now, though haven't reached that point yet.

Darth Canoli

Arcane
It should open just by using the special armor. Try to buff str, drink vodka or something but even that seems unnecessary. The other way where the canisters are is the way out (in order to blow them, you need to charge into it).

Oh well, i gave the armor to Hexogen in order to play somewhere between the god mode (main char wears it) and the pain mode (you don't use the armor and you have to eat/heal/rest after each fight)

CharacterNik

Novice
Finally finished Trudograd! I created a new character because my recent playthrough of Atom RPG was on Android, so no savegame import for me.
Even with 15 lvl starting character I had zero problems with skill checks and fights.

I loved winter setting. Snow to the roof Soviet city with royal militia , revolutionist scum , dirty haji (чурки) bands from north , 4 riders of Bombagun and ofcourse condensed milk.

Locations are super detailed ! Maybe even too much. Soviet people would steal 99% of stuff that are on the streets. Metal , plastic , rocks, doors, windows, radiators , old cars. Fucking everything. I know what I am talking about.
Poverty can make startling things.
Graphics are amazing 10/10. In some moments i almost felt that snow blizzard in the streets.

Loved the soundtrack , but i played Trudograd 90% of the time with Visotskiy Vladimir Semyonovich on maximum volume and it only made it better!

Trudograd has amazing quest design . Spy mission near the Skull Island made my inners super hard . Movies nowadays have worse scripts than this one mission.

Loved the diesel fueled Power Armor animations and sounds. In terms of art it is amazing but it breaks the balance.
I have two questions:
1) Where is radiation?
2) Where are sewers? Half of the game I had loading screen with stalker and ooze fight in the sewers. I encountered oozes only two times and visited sewers zero times. It felt like the sewers were cut from the game.

Overall i enjoyed the game. Big kudos to Atom Team . I will wait for Android release and buy it there . ( I know I am a pervert).
Atom RPG: Trudograd :5/5:

Trudograd was spared direct missile assault. And it's been quite some time from the war, so the fallout should be mostly gone.

jackofshadows

Magister
1) Where is radiation?
Yep, imagine making not just a random post-apoc game but a game about world after bombs fell like 15 years ago and there's barely even mentions of radiation (there was something about imported food), let alone a game mechanic. I vaguely remember Atomboy was saying that one or two locations get it but I've no clue where it is supposed to be. I don't know about the reasons why it was actually removed but judging by the fact that at some point they've added 100% anti-rad (and anti-tox) suit in the OG either steamtards were complaining too much or devs themselves weren't happy with the both mechanics. Either way, a shame. I like post-apoc, not post-post-post-apoc. And yeah, the city don't really look according to various descriptions like "absolute poverty" or "people that are surviving". I guess random encounters are suppose to cover that up.
2) Where are sewers? Half of the game I had loading screen with stalker and ooze fight in the sewers. I encountered oozes only two times and visited sewers zero times. It felt like the sewers were cut from the game.
Some random encounter maps have downrun into it. It can even be accessed from stop & take a break/eat a peremeh maps if I'm not mistaken.

Last edited:

razvedchiki

Erudite
How to join the revolutionaries?
I have done the robbery with pencil and he told me the scientist is probably kept in a secret prison, but i dont know where to go next.
Seven heavens guard needs a special 1000 rubles pass, where you can get that?

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
Holyfuck, your hate boner for anything Russian is so strong. Only Russian urban inteligentzia can hate Russian RPGs with such passion

Trudograd is like New Vegas, almost completely spared of nuclear hellfire. Did you even pay attention during game or were you too pre-occupied with using every.single.possible.way to min-max gameplay so you can flex over Devs how combat is "piss-easy". Autistic munchkin, Slavic variant

gCYGD02.png

I love this game!

Some bugs related to Revolutionary playthrough:
1. When calling ATOM before getting pass from Shrike, it says to get it form Shapkievich.
2. After getting the pass from Shrike, you get this:
keeWkiK.png

Journal is ok though.

Questions:
1. Is there a way to find Bronzovka? I talked to the shoe polish guy and Xenia in Grey Corner, and they both went really strange and talked about it. No new location on map though.
2. KGB bunker HOW?
3. Is there a way to get a non-tragic resolution to Slava? So far I got him to do murder-suicide and to become a lotus addicted male prostitue.
4. Are there any locations in the below secions of the map? They just seem too detailed not to have anything:
CqtlHbx.png

YV8QInS.png
Atomboy

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom