Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Auction House Online: The Game (Diablo 3) is a MASSIVE decline

Deleted member 7219

So, EU people, how is it? :p

I still can't log in. I'm in the UK so not on CEST but I can't believe they would delay it an extra hour for me because I'm British. I'm on the Europe servers just like everyone else. I seem to remember launches for other games (and Cataclysm, if I recall correctly) working for UK people an hour early.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
I thought the game would start 12:01 AM PST for everyone, rather than 12:01 AM whatever is your local time?
It doesn't make sense to me that you get to play earlier because you live in Britain. (No offense; I do so adore your accents.)

Deleted member 7219

I thought the game would start 12:01 AM PST for everyone, rather than 12:01 AM whatever is your local time?
It doesn't make sense to me that you get to play earlier because you live in Britain. (No offense; I do so adore your accents.)

It is launching in Europe at 12:00AM Central European time. Which is an hour ahead of Britain. As I type this, it is 23:14 GMT, which is 00:14 CEST. We're not getting it earlier, we're meant to be getting it at the same time.

Self-Ejected

ScottishMartialArts

Self-Ejected

I believe it's on a region by region basis, with Americas launching last -- pesky international dateline and being so "far" from it. The Koreans have been playing for like 10 hours at this point and reports are coming in that the first players just beat the game on Normal.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Eh I'll wait a week to see how the game is and -- if interested -- for the servers to stabilize.

Deleted member 7219

Never mind! Kept trying to log in with my user name instead of my e-mail address. Working now. Now trying to authenticate credentials....

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
Can't log in on EU. Servers busy or stuck on authenticating. Unexpected :P

Self-Ejected

ScottishMartialArts

Self-Ejected
So how bad is Diablo III's DRM scheme?

Will it hose my PC or can I keep my disk emulators installed?

The DRM is it's an online server based game. AFAIK, it doesn't install anything or snoop around on your machine, although I could be wrong. Mostly, though, you have an online account which you log into in order to play.

Deleted member 7219

I hate the internet, DRM laden crap. What if I want to read the Codex without my cable plugged into my PC? I know there's the "Go Offline" workaround but it stops me from loading new pages. DRM shit.

Deleted member 7219

Well, Blizzard are in for a real shitstorm now. Servers are down. People raging all across Europe. I reckon it'll be the same for the Americans tomorrow. Why can't Blizzard sort out their product launches?

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
Well, Blizzard are in for a real shitstorm now. Servers are down. People raging all across Europe. I reckon it'll be the same for the Americans tomorrow. Why can't Blizzard sort out their product launches?
because it would be highly irrational. invest a crapload on infrastructure to support one moment in the game's lifecycle?

Gregz

Arcane
So how bad is Diablo III's DRM scheme?

Will it hose my PC or can I keep my disk emulators installed?

The DRM is it's an online server based game. AFAIK, it doesn't install anything or snoop around on your machine, although I could be wrong. Mostly, though, you have an online account which you log into in order to play.

Thanks for the confirm, wanted to double check before purchase.

Self-Ejected

ScottishMartialArts

Self-Ejected
Man... I want to be playing this game right now. ScottishMartialArts how was your DL speed with your load? Do you get a physical copy in the mail from blizz?

I downloaded it earlier this week at about 300kB/s which is pretty much max speed for my shit connection. The patch today downloaded at a measly 60kB/s. And it's just a digital copy that I preordered -- no physical copy in the mail, although I do believe it is possible to order such a copy directly from Blizz.

fizzelopeguss

Arcane
mcajK.gif

joeydohn

Savant
Man... I want to be playing this game right now. ScottishMartialArts how was your DL speed with your load? Do you get a physical copy in the mail from blizz?

I downloaded it earlier this week at about 300kB/s which is pretty much max speed for my shit connection. The patch today downloaded at a measly 60kB/s. And it's just a digital copy that I preordered -- no physical copy in the mail, although I do believe it is possible to order such a copy directly from Blizz.

I don't think it's just you as I got around 300 kB/s on a 50 Mb (~6200 kB/s) connection for the d3 beta, wow patches, sc2 free edition and d3 preload.

I just want to repeat how :retarded: this online DRM bullshit is. People can't play a single player game when it's released due to their shit servers getting hammered. I thought after the beta they might have done something but nope.

sea

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Initial Diablo III impressions:

- Blizzard has really cheaped out with this intro cinematic, over half of it is a bunch of lightly-animated concept art
- Dear god this writing is horrendously bad, I mean Diablo and Diablo II were cheesy, but this is just offensive
- When did Deckard Cain get a stupid niece and why is she like 10 years old, oh well, at least Blizzard know their audience
- Seriously this makes no sense, Deckard Cain is not exactly the fatherly type to begin with and it'd be annoying as shit to be a kid and have a guardian who's all HELLFIRE WILL RAIN FROM THE SKY, THE DARKNESS IS COMING every 2 goddamn minutes, why are they even in this pairing
- This voice acting is poorly edited, there's a couple of spots where the lines don't sync up properly to create proper flow between the characters and one where the girl's new line starts almost immediately after the last in a really unnatural way (and was probably dubbed over at the last minute because the shot seems to intentionally hide her face during this)
- Wait a second, they're in the Tristram Cathedral, one of the most dangerous and unholy places in the entire world... why exactly?
- UNNCCLLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!
- On the upside, the options menu is well done, more games need framerate limiters

Black

Arcane
Initial Diablo III impressions:

- Blizzard has really cheaped out with this intro cinematic, over half of it is a bunch of lightly-animated concept art
- Dear god this writing is horrendously bad, I mean Diablo and Diablo II were cheesy, but this is just offensive
- When did Deckard Cain get a stupid niece and why is she like 10 years old, oh well, at least Blizzard know their audience
- Seriously this makes no sense, Deckard Cain is not exactly the fatherly type to begin with and it'd be annoying as shit to be a kid and have a guardian who's all HELLFIRE WILL RAIN FROM THE SKY, THE DARKNESS IS COMING every 2 goddamn minutes, why are they even in this pairing
- This voice acting is poorly edited, there's a couple of spots where the lines don't sync up properly to create proper flow between the characters and one where the girl's new line starts almost immediately after the last in a really unnatural way (and was probably dubbed over at the last minute because the shot seems to intentionally hide her face during this)
- UNNCCLLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!
- On the upside, the options menu is well done, more games need framerate limiters

All of this and nothing about gameplay?
:lol:

Deleted member 7219

I thought the intro was great, haven't completed the previous games though (just started Diablo 2).

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom