Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Avatar Gallery Submission Thread

Do you care about custom avatars?

• Yes, and I want something done about it.

Votes: 314 54.1%
  • No, just leave it the way it is.

Votes: 266 45.9%

• Total voters

denizsi

Arcane
How come there are still no X-Com avatars? Those animated gifs pointed out on page 10 could easily be made single sprites with either a gif creator, or with as simple as ms-paint. There are also the portraits an other in-game images suited to be avatars.

Not that I want to use, but it's just weird to see that there are no X-Com avatars on Codex.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
denizsi said:
Those animated gifs pointed out on page 10 could easily be made single sprites with either a gif creator, or with as simple as ms-paint.
You do it then.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
ixg said:
I want Communist Propoganda avatars.

I want WW2 fascist and communist leader avatars, like Stalin, Hitler, Mussolini and Franco.

And I want some Oblivion avatars, just for the fun of it.

inwoker

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Sol Invictus said:
I don't want to see this place polluted with pictures of Tomb Raider, Bloodrayne, any anime character, Britney Spears, some hot model, some dumbass picture of your kid, some dumbass picture of you making a stupid face, some dumbass picture of you looking 'cool', some dumbass picture of your fat and ugly girlfriend, some dumbass picture you found on the internet that you apparently found funny, or some dumbass screencap from a movie that you found to be 'memorable'.

ah.. just golden words.

I don't want to see this place polluted with pictures of Tomb Raider, Bloodrayne, any anime character, Britney Spears, some hot model, some dumbass picture of your kid, some dumbass picture of you making a stupid face, some dumbass picture of you looking 'cool', some dumbass picture of your fat and ugly girlfriend, some dumbass picture you found on the internet that you apparently found funny, or some dumbass screencap from a movie that you found to be 'memorable'.

See, I'm not totally in favor of custom avatars, but something just strikes me as odd about this kind of sentiment.

Ok. So we are on an internet forum about CRPGs. This is a dying (dead) genre which is constantly raped and trampled upon by mainstream tastes driving corporate decisions. Besides CRPG discussion there are constantly threads about how much just about everything that is mainstream bullshit sucks or some underappreciated works of art (in all media forms) and their greatness.

Point being, why the fuck would anyone think a bunch of angry cunts would put shit like that up as their avatars?

Top Hat

Scholar
I think it's to stop new people from posting up pictures of Vaan/furries/other stuff.

Then you have people who think it would be clever/funny to stick tubgirl, etc. as their avatar.

Besides avatars are just another form of graphic whoredom.

denizsi

Arcane
I've been playing Jagged Alliance again, and noticed that Codex doesn't have JA1 avatars. So here they are:

Original images at 112x100 in .bmp format

Images resized, to 84x75 in .jpg for forum use, at 3-4 kb each.

Here are all the portraits merged for nostalgia (Santino and Hamous are missing though).

d1706c31ea.jpg

denizsi

Arcane
Let's see.

edit: Nope. It's not where it used to be, or anywhere else I can see. Definitely gone.

Lumpy

Arcane
Let me try it out...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom