Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Avatar Gallery Submission Thread

Do you care about custom avatars?

• Yes, and I want something done about it.

Votes: 314 54.1%
  • No, just leave it the way it is.

Votes: 266 45.9%

• Total voters

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
This is the way it has always been.

Edit: Wow, it's true.

Edit 2: I am actually pretty sure it has always been like this in Site Feedback. So no worries.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Jasede said:
This is the way it has always been.

Edit: Wow, it's true.

Edit 2: I am actually pretty sure it has always been like this in Site Feedback. So no worries.

Yes, you're right. Just checked in another thread where I recently posted [and where my post is the last one] and there's still the delete button. So it's just the Site Feedback forum.

LittleJoe

Arbiter
I love reading resurrected threads, it's almost like time travel.
I just read this whole thread again right from the beginning.
You could almost believe that some of the old heroes like spazmo, exitium (yes I liked exit),
seven etc, were still with us.

xantrius

Liturgist
@ JarlFrank: I had read some of the given reason for not allowing it, I'd still disagree with them and yes my post was sort of pointless, but I was too weary.... and you people seemed sort off quite set in your ways, and the avatar thing doesn't matter such much for me that I'll go into a debate about it... I was just surprised to find that I couldn't upload a avatar .... and ended up here and did what I did ;P

Cassidy

Arcane
In face of the breaking news in the RPG Gaming World, I suggest adding this avatar to Codex' roll:

picardavatarhd6.jpg

NiM82

Prophet

David Gaider will be needing a new Avatar, this seemed suitably dark and depressing :mrgreen:

Micmu

Magister
NiM82 said:

David Gaider will be needing a new Avatar, this seemed suitably dark and depressing :mrgreen:
Something tells me, he won't be here anymore.
But it sure would be nice to see him with Obsidian avatar, for example.

Cassidy

Arcane
ViolentOpposition said:
combatxy6.gif

WANT!

:beg:

I suggest a smaller version of this one instead(or the same Fallout guy with a <s>taser</s> super cattle prod instead of a handgun):

330px-Taser-x26.jpg

Fucking Quality Poster

In order to preserve the image of this site, it is preferable that the user avatar's reflect our interests; mainly RPG's. Imagery is important symbolically, and once we let go of this, there is no telling where it will stop.

Now, I have no problem if those who are seen as veteran posters (hem hem) are given permission to use custom avatars, but other than that, naaaaah.

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I know it has been discussed a lot of times already... but damn, it should be your top priority, DU! Reasons were given already and you know why you should do it... so make it happen!

Self-Ejected

Jack

█▓▒░
Patron
Insert Title Here
XenForo is built very differently to phpBB 2 (IE: properly) - and given I'm a self-taught hack, we're A LONG WAY from me doing any custom coding jobs to this forum. Avatar gallery is just not an option for XenForo at this time. So until someone else makes the plugin, we won't have one. Removing / preventing signature images doesn't seem to be an option either (though who knows, there are so many options buried up the ass of this shit it's not funny) so we might have to just ban everyone who puts an image in their sig.

One day I might but XenForo is also in its infancy and I don't want to start fucking with too many custom things only to find the next update doesn't work as a result of my fucking around.

Mother Russia

Andhaira
Andhaira
Dumbfuck Queued
Codex 2013
While I am pro custom avatars, with moderation to keep the filth at bay, as it results in truly hilarious avatars, I do wish we could use something like the RPGWatch forum system, which are similar to old Codex (phpBB 2). Why exactly DID we shift to this shitcock, especially if it's still in alpha gamma stage? Seriously, I know Dex has Obshitian fanboys, but that doesn't mean we have to try emulate everything they do...

From what I recall old forum was going offline due to server issues, not forum code issues.

Taluntain

Most Frabjous
Staff Member
XenForo is better than phpBB in every other aspect, that's why. Unfortunately, there's no such thing as "perfect" in the forum world. There's always something missing from the core that you need to mod in - it's just a question of how much.

Honestly, if the avatar system was that big a deal, we could just hire one of the XF mod monkeys to make it for the Codex. DU's probably got more important things to work on.

Edit: or use this: http://xenforo.com/community/resources/avatar-gallery.276/

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
I don't care about the avatar gallery. We have moderators to ban people with NSFW or otherwise unacceptable avatars.
Besides, old site feedback was flooded with "make these images avatars DU, PLZ PLZ PLZ" threads. It was ridiculous, really.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom