Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Avatar Gallery Submission Thread

Do you care about custom avatars?

• Yes, and I want something done about it.

Votes: 314 54.1%
  • No, just leave it the way it is.

Votes: 266 45.9%

• Total voters

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
So what's the deal with the custom avatars? We cannot have them anymore after selecting one from the gallery? I have been tricked....

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
I believe you can spend money to get one, but I am not sure if that still works.
Do not fret- there's rumor of a coming avatar purge so you'd have lost it anyway... maybe.

Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
EUHbCyc.jpg

Could someone upload it to Blood avatars? Preety please.

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
Oh, they take requests. How about this one in the Planescape avatars:

14ladyofpainscrest3.gif

Pretty please.

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
So, there's no need to resize the avatars anymore?

Ideally, submitted avatars should be 96 px wide. Otherwise xenforo uses some crappy filter (and I mean really crappy, not a good filter like, say, lanczos) to scale them up or down.

In this case, I will resize the Psychonauts avatars myself using lanczos and then upload them to the gallery.

EDIT. spekkio Added. :salute:

spekkio

Arcane
Otherwise xenforo uses some crappy filter (and I mean really crappy, not a good filter like, say, lanczos) to scale them up or down

Bullshit. I mean, true, but:
Old avatard (150x150), uploaded by me manualy (I still use this one) scales nicely to the zoom level of your browser. Just try (ctrl&+ or ctrl&- in firefox).
New avatard (96x96) looks like shit when scaled up.

BBS sux and sysop is a fagit.

:rpgcodex:

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Fair enough, I didn't take the browser's zoom level into account since I don't think I ever zoom in when browsing the Codex.

So I guess that means avatars > 96px are fine, too. (Although I take no responsibility in case xenforo decides to make them look like shit!)

In other news, I've added some more Wizardry avatars; even more coming soon.

EDIT: spekkio The Psychonauts avatars in the gallery are now 150x150. I hope you're happy.

Aurelius

Educated
Contributing/kindly requesting this classy Karras :obviously: (from Thief 2, of course):
O5hVWfW.png

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Old avatard (150x150), uploaded by me manualy (I still use this one) scales nicely to the zoom level of your browser. Just try (ctrl&+ or ctrl&- in firefox).
New avatard (96x96) looks like shit when scaled up.
Nobody cares about the zoom level of your browser.

The missing image for certain avatars on the forum home page and thread icons, is that a known issue? Think someone mentioned it already, but only in reference to .gif

For example:
image.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom