Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Eternity Avowed - Obsidian's first person action-RPG in the Pillars of Eternity setting - coming February 18th

Lord_Potato

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
I mean, i was expecting Obsidian learning from TOW shitty leveling system. Not double down.
aOkzNqfVhteU.png

Miss him yet?
What is he working on now? Pentiment 2?

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
? Was anybody expecting something non-popamole?

This game might tell an interesting story in the Eora setting and give you pretty environments to explore. It's not going to be good for anything else.
So many nu-dexers are so over C&C, but I'm glad you can get that quest item without a fight. If this were a Bioware game, they'd absolutely force you to fight her.

TwoEdge

Scholar
The weird thing for me here is how everything clashes. The player strikes with a sword, but the sound effects and enemy feedback make it seem they're bludgeoning with a mace, or at least punching with the sword's guard. The mushrooms and protrusions give me the impression the game takes place underwater, but that's clearly not the case. The colors fail to complement each other in every instance. It's as if two very different people designed the game completely oblivious from one another and then a third one mashed everything together. It's disconcerting.

RepHope

Savant
Third person might help sales, there’s a certain diehard casual who hates FPP, kudos to whichever MS suit whipped Patel and her merry band of retards into implementing that feature.

IHaveHugeNick

Arcane

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
There is honestly ironically such a fucking around hiking simulator game draught right now because Bethesda ceased to make them that I might play this.
Aside from Kingdom Come: Deliverance 2 releasing before the end of the year and at least one non-RPG, hiking simulator Dragon's Dogma 2 released in March:

u7VGmI3.png

The Weeaboo above the Sea of Fog II

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
I can't believe I'm saying this, but this game is uglier than Dragon Age 4.
just looked at both and im not seeing this? care to provide examples? Just saw 3 in a row: avowed, dragon age 4 and doom. Out of them all actually doom disappointed me most: shield and dragon riding?

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
I can't believe I'm saying this, but this game is uglier than Dragon Age 4.
just looked at both and im not seeing this? care to provide examples? Just saw 3 in a row: avowed, dragon age 4 and doom. Out of them all actually doom disappointed me most: shield and dragon riding?

Just my opinion of course, but the actual in-game footage of DA 4 looks much better than the garish, hyper-cartoony look of Avowed.

It's like comparing Valorant to knockoff Valorant made in Unity.

jungl

Augur
Visually avowed looks nice like a charming disney cartoon. The stats and mechanics reveal is a disappointment. Game either has a amazing story or is a failure.

Vatnik Wumao
Instead it's a somewhat-more serious game about how colonialism and imperialism are bad. :troll:
Assuming that they maintain the style of Deadfire when tackling such topics, then it'll be leagues ahead of TOW's nonsense.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom