Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Eternity Avowed - Obsidian's first person action-RPG in the Pillars of Eternity setting

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
The people who keep posting International Women's Day photos from Obsidian - photos that are showing most of the female developers at Obsidian, a company with some 200 employees - don't realize that they are self-owning.
Geee infi,it looks like you are at the stage of depression. Just move on to acceptance mate,obsidian is gone. Maybe we should do one of those friend intervention thingies the western losers do?!

Last edited:

Suicidal

Arcane
I can see this being good if they make a Dark Messiah-like combat system with environmental interactions, physics, decapitations and whatnot.

They probably won't, though.
But maybe...
Nah, who am I kidding.
But what if...
No, they wouldn't dare
Would they?
:M
Stop clicking these, idiot

Quillon

Arcane
I can see this being good if they

make a proper clone; copy more immersive sim features from gamebryo(+ extensive mod support). Otherwise people will forget about it in its release year just like with TOW and will only say forced good things about it just not to eat their words which were spoken just to shit on bethesda.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Justin Bell wrote the track for the Avowed teaser trailer and for the new The Outer Worlds expansion. He seems to be their main guy.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Why so butthurt infi,clearly you will get a superior PoE survival game set in a cavern. It will be amusing if it is a rogue-like.

Dishonoredbr

Erudite

Gargaune

Arcane
Now ask them to translate "Banal Shit Boring" into runes.
Avowed_07-23-20.jpg

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
First employee to update his LinkedIn, some recently joined contractor: https://www.linkedin.com/in/kayd-hendricks-9716b961/

He was the project lead on survival MMO ATLAS.

So mostly like this gonna be open world game.. Doesn't sounds promising to me. I would preffer hub based , somehow.

I wonder who gonna work on the combat design in this one :|

Hub-based is where it's at. I'm biased though, because hub-based is also cheaper to develop. I prefer dense environments to vast empty ones anyhow.

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
So mostly like this gonna be open world game.. Doesn't sounds promising to me. I would preffer hub based , somehow.

That seems likely, but you shouldn't assume that because of this guy.

Hahahahaha, this just keeps getting better and better. Atlas was such a wreck.

Perhaps that's why he accepted a career downgrade to Senior (not Lead) Area Designer. (In game development, having the word "Senior" attached to your role isn't as important as it sounds like. Often it just means this isn't your first job)

Kem0sabe

Arcane
Obsidian developing melee first person combat is also not an exciting prospect, it never is in first person games to be honest, but after outer worlds I believe that they are especially inept at developing solid action combat.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
Perhaps that's why he accepted a career downgrade to Senior (not Lead) Area Designer. (In game development, having the word "Senior" attached to your role isn't as important as it sounds like. Often it just means this isn't your first job)

Most of the time it's just a way to appease someone without giving them a big salary increase or more control over their projects.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
Obsidian developing melee first person combat is also not an exciting prospect, it never is in first person games to be honest, but after outer worlds I believe that they are especially inept at developing solid action combat.

I fully expect it to be banal Oblivion/F:NV Era whack-whack-block melee, much like Outer Worlds was.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
whack-whack-block melee

which is shit but still better than: block/whack>hit/get blocked/randomly receive unblockable master strike back //*cough*kcd*cough*

melee combat should at least be third person

I enjoyed KCD, but combat was... different. The only first-person melee combat I liked was Dark Messiah, and 80% of that was kicking orcs into random things.

Kem0sabe

Arcane
Dark Messiah is indeed the gold standard, but I also thought that breakdown(Xbox) was very good, but that might just be nostalgia talking

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom