Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Azarkon

Arcane
This changes in Siege of Dragonspear. My favorite new character is Schael Corwin, an officer in the Flaming Fist mercenary company. She’s an archer, a variation of the ranger class, and she’s a single mother. Her husband is out of the picture, and while her father helps out, she’s torn between her job as a merc, helping you, and caring for her daughter.

I’ve never encountered such a storyline in a fantasy RPG before, and I feel for it. I felt for Corwin, and while I wanted to explore her story (since she is, after all, a new character), another part of me wanted to tell her to take a large cache of gold from my stockpile and be the mother she wants to be to her daughter. And should you go down the romantic path with her (as my female sorcerer did), you’ll witness her inner conflict between mother and warrior even more.

Gaider would be proud.

Athelas

Arcane
At least they're taking the source material into entirely original territory. We'll finally get an insight in what the dating prospects are for a middle-aged lesbian single mother in the Forgotten Realms. :troll:

Space Insect

Arcane
Wait, was the version that these guys were reviewing the actual release version or the beta version? That could explain some bugs.

Awaiting Codex veview before spending shekels

oldmanpaco

Master of Siestas
I bet this wouldn't have happened if they'd set up a Steam page for the game ahead of its release like everybody else does. Not boding well for its commercial success.
Yep. It seems like a huge oversight.

Yeah I was looking for this on steam the other day. Could not figure out why it didn't have its own page to pre-order (not that I was going to).

janior

Arcane
Patron
It was so stupid in bg2 that you had to save imoen i left that annoying bitch at first occasion and you have her in your party starting AGAIN in SoDS :negative:.
here's some gameplay for anyone intrested(i strongly recommend muting this let's player)

Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected
They really did replace the old scroll thingy with some flat tooltip. :decline:

ztcnof.jpg

janior

Arcane
Patron
I never finished bg2 cause of her i did every side quest and was done with it. I hope she's still rotting in dungeon while being constantly raped by Irenicus.

Echo Mirage

Arcane
They really did replace the old scroll thingy with some flat tooltip. :decline:

ztcnof.jpg

They did. And it feels so very wrong. Every time I hover over an Npc I'm waiting for that all so familiar scrolling sound. And I get nothing.:negative:

In fact they removed almost all hover over pop ups. Both animations and sounds. The map has no pop ups at all now. Travel times are also now wrote on the map instead of popping up.

Naraya

Arcane
Once upon a time I've made a big mistake and bought BG:EE on Steam. Does anyone know if I can buy SoD on GOG and use it with Steam version of BG:EE ?

Namutree

Savant
If they bothered with romances they better have included that goblin. That would be the romance that comes closest to being worth doing.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom