Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Roqua

Prospernaut
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual In My Safe Space
This patch bugged Baldurs Gate EE. I just killed Silke in Beregost and suddenly all party members got 25 strength.

All my guys have 25 strength too. Is it garret? I started an old save from shortly after I killed her. It lists nothing about why I have this in the buffs/effects section. Any idea on how to get rid of this?

Roqua

Prospernaut
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual In My Safe Space
This patch bugged Baldurs Gate EE. I just killed Silke in Beregost and suddenly all party members got 25 strength.

All my guys have 25 strength too. Is it garret? I started an old save from shortly after I killed her. It lists nothing about why I have this in the buffs/effects section. Any idea on how to get rid of this?

Figured it out -

https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/49732/bugs-with-thaco-and-strength-under-new-version

Immortal

Arcane
In My Safe Space
This Bhaal Difficulty is interesting.. It took me 2 minutes of kiting one of the bounty hunters around candlekeep to kill him..
Any way to turn off the HP bloat? It's pretty poorly tuned IMO..

Gay-Lussac

Arcane
This Bhaal Difficulty is interesting.. It took me 2 minutes of kiting one of the bounty hunters around candlekeep to kill him..
Any way to turn off the HP bloat? It's pretty poorly tuned IMO..

I think it's meant to appeal to someone who has been playing this game nonstop for the past 15 years and has gotten tired of every other challenge mod out there. Just reading the description was enough to make me understand I'm not touching it, hell just SCS installed is getting frustrating enough already and it doesn't cheat for the NPCs in any meaningful way (no increased damage, thaco, health, etc.).

By the way finally figured out what makes my game stutter when I use the dragon disciple flame breath and fireballs:

https://www.reddit.com/r/baldursgat...ebg2ee_terrible_performance_with_fire_sprite/

https://forums.beamdog.com/discussi...g-on-npcs-causing-very-low-fps-bgee-and-bg2ee

What an odd little bug. It's literally only the fire sprites that make the FPS drop. Well, that and the new zoom out map animation implemented on the 2.0 patch, now.

The sprite outline thing is also quite bizarre to me. Slows the game down to a crawl, even though it looks terribly simple and non-graphics intensive.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
E528BBB86F5A806B74C3FDA97BBCF632AB250A8D

Oh man, look at that location names fonts. It's so fuckin jarring and out of place.
And now compare it with the old style,
thumb.jpg

Imagine if the dude that is in charge of these aesthetic design decisions will also "revamp" Fallout.
Boyarsky will turn in his Blizzard grave!

I laugh at how now it says "destination unreachable." Locations being grayed out is not enough it seems. It most be moron proof!
Much UI improve! :troll:

As with nearly every other change to the UI, my reaction is "Who the fuck thought this would be a good idea?"... Seriously, if you're going to make changes, make sure they actually improve the thing you're changing.

I would have bought BG:EE because of the expansion if it was on sale on GOG too. On Steam though, no.

Metal Hurlant

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
One of the more important questions is are Steam achievements working? :obviously:

There should be an achievement whore emoticon on the codex. :negative:

Metal Hurlant

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
As with nearly every other change to the UI, my reaction is "Who the fuck thought this would be a good idea?"... Seriously, if you're going to make changes, make sure they actually improve the thing you're changing.

Just be thankful they didn't go with this design. And yes, this was an actual design they asked on the forums. I don't think 6 compasses were enough. I'm sure they could have added another one or two more.

llhxq80.jpg

ArchAngel

Arcane
So my SoD is still downloading from beamdog 11 hours later...
Beamdog client is giving me cancer...

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
There was talk in the stream about Pillars of Eternity. It was praised as very good game although not perfect. PoE2 should surpass this to the perfection.
No idea why they are crawling in Obsidian's ass to be nice. Sawyer couldn't care less about SoD (not surprising as a BG hater and Fallout 4 Bethesda retardo-fag) and Avellone left.... Maybe it has something to do with Feargus and Feargus and Cain, I dunno.
I know it is shocking, but not everybody is an asshole in the world like in the Codex. Sometime people are just being nice, they might like things what another company makes.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Metal Hurlant , lol, this looks like something made with tools like this: https://secure.profantasy.com/default.asp Are those green things palms?

Then the artist took the picture and put together vector replicas of the areas' icons. Vector replicas! Of dnd map drawings!

At least they didn't adopt that... I'm waiting for reviews. I don't know the situation but this may have been some early draft, proof of concept, etc.

BTW, I'm preparing a 2d dnd style map myself for a side project I'm doing. I expect the Codex to provide solid criticism, but it's not ready yet.

Last edited:

SionIV

Cipher
Patron
How are the NPC's? Did we get a new lesbian vampire? Perhaps a female half-thiefling/half-drow lich that is lawful good and follow Lathander?

Trashos

Arcane
There was talk in the stream about Pillars of Eternity. It was praised as very good game although not perfect. PoE2 should surpass this to the perfection.
No idea why they are crawling in Obsidian's ass to be nice. Sawyer couldn't care less about SoD (not surprising as a BG hater and Fallout 4 Bethesda retardo-fag) and Avellone left.... Maybe it has something to do with Feargus and Feargus and Cain, I dunno.
I know it is shocking, but not everybody is an asshole in the world like in the Codex. Sometime people are just being nice, they might like things what another company makes.

Probably so that PoE wouldn't be on sale today like D:OS.

Doktor Best

Arcane
So the codex has been bitching about the UI for several pages, and nobody is talking about the actual content?

I am playing Geneforge 1 currently, do you really think i care about a good looking UI? Its nice to have, nothing more.

vortex

Fabulous Optimist
People in chatroom asked them questions about PoE. They gave pretty honest opinion.

Also, Chris Avellone and Mark Meer apper in the stream.

Volrath

Arcane
Patron
People in chatroom asked them questions about PoE. They gave pretty honest opinion.

Also, Chris Avellone and Mark Meer apper in the stream.
It might be a surprise to imcuck but Pillows is considered to be a good game outside of the Codex.

Anyway, any actual opinions on this expansion? Specifically about combat encounters, item design, etc...?

Doktor Best

Arcane
do you really think i care about a good looking UI? Its nice to have, nothing more.

Another schmuck that thinks that a good UI is something negligible.

Not completely, but there are definitely more important parts to gamedesign than how an UI looks, im not talking about functionality here just so you know.

I was just hoping that people would be talking about the actual gameplay you know, because thats far more important to me than drooling over a beautiful UI of a fucking bland game.

Beowulf

Arcane
This black outline gives the sprites a very cartoonish look on the screenshots. Does it look better in motion or does it look best when disabled?

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
So, it looks like the first achievements you get in the game are:

143a312cba4250bc3c83c5565d4e777987a5b0fe.jpg

Know Thyself
Help Ammon in the Korlasz family tomb.

and

9403a255ece6b8bbb2935462415381189850316f.jpg

The End of Korlasz

0.1% of BG:EE players so far, but the game did just come out.

Kem0sabe

Arcane

Just be thankful they didn't go with this design. And yes, this was an actual design they asked on the forums. I don't think 6 compasses were enough. I'm sure they could have added another one or two more.

llhxq80.jpg

:backawayslowly:

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron
Codex 2013 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Is it possible to import classic Baldur's Gate characters for the expansion ?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom