Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 Early Access Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine

I love Temple of Elemental Evil, Dark Sun : Wake of the Ravager, KoTC and others D&D TB games. But din't liked BG3.

as played BG3 much more than me, so maybe he can tell us which game is more faithful to D&D.

BG3 is way more faithful than SCL. SCL has way bigger problem with HP bloat, awful D3 style itemization, coodlwons instead of spell slots, in a scale of 0 - 10 where 0 = SCL and 10 = ToEE I would rate BG3 5/10 in faithfulness. The greatest problem is that it is 5E.

I found this JPG on /r/baldursgate/ after the reveal. These days the subreddit pretends that BG3 doesn't even exist, all posts are either about BG1 or BG2.

x4nvtyu0njj41.png

Yep. Even Black Geyser fells more BGesque than DOS3 : Faerun Edition.

Anonona

Learned

My best guess is that they may unveil mechanics related with grappling or grabbing. Seems Grip is a term related with swords, axes and wine. Mages have spells related with "grabing" things with magic, and the goblin and goblin's parts is probably a "funny" reference to what you will be able to grab. If true expect using a leg as improvised weapon.

FriendlyMerchant

Nothing more coming out about this game except further disappointment and degeneracy. Rusty, is this really the hill you want to die on?

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Nothing more coming out about this game except further disappointment and degeneracy

The question is how much disappointment? I'm pretty sure that someone will mod 5E BS out of this game, just like modders wrote tons of code lines to take out all swyerism from nwn2 with spell fixes mod. I hate Woketards wanting to "promote current edition". Throne of Bhaal is ultra rushed due this reason. It could have been a amazing adventure but no, is a corridor boss fight after a corridor boss fight. At least Paizo is not that bad in "promoting current edition". I hope that they will never force pf2e upon OwlCat and if they force, OwlCat adapts ANY retroclone or go adapt GURPS or World of Darkness(anything in WoD) or just make his own stuff like Pierre.

I'm yet to see even one of those thirsty wine aunts ask for gameplay improvements, more branching quests, retooled reaction system, fixes to Raid the Grove questline.

That would be great.

With romance, I would rather have more interactions depending on the romance than motion captured scenes. For example, if you are a barbarian and decided to romance a caster, depending on your barbarian tribe, it could give a lot of trouble. Elves could hate non elves romancing female elves and so on.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
A friendly wizard neatly settles himself into your ass.

https://forums.giantitp.com/showthread.php?238255-New-amp-Improved-Assplomancer

Now, some of you will have heard of the Assplomancer. He is the guy who is so good at crawling up people's orifices that onlookers will go mad with awesome when they see him. He is a he because, quite frankly, a female would probably find some less insane way of amassing her armies.

In short: Exemplar 5 allows you to improve the attitude of NPCs using any skill as though it was diplomacy. A DC 80 Escape Artist check will let you force your way through a passage too small for you to actually fit in. If the passage is long enough, multiple checks may be called for. Presumably, if you make the first check but not all of them, you get stuck. Presumably all NPCs have orifices. Presumably, only a D&D player would think to put these things together.

Now. Well and good you may say, but what happens when the person whose orifice you want to crawl up is hiding in a fortress made of Walls of Force and Antimagic Sigils as per the Stronghold Builder's Guide? This is a question that has plagued disturbed minds ever since morbid curiosity brought them to this here thread. Well, worry no more.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom