Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 Early Access Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Gradenmayer

Learned
This may be a rather naive question to ask, but shouldn't most of the bugs have been worked out by now? Hasn't this been in EA for like three years or something?
That was before they increased act 1 by 30% and quadrupled content in other acts. It will be a bug galore!

Aphex81

Scholar
This may be a rather naive question to ask, but shouldn't most of the bugs have been worked out by now? Hasn't this been in EA for like three years or something?
Don't forget they had to push it out early because of Starfield. Now they delay the review copies...i got a bad feeling about this.

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
There is serious potential this will be cyberpunk 2.0 on the bugs department. Review keys are not out yet btw.

Maybe. But Early Access is basically a demo that occasionally got updated. Not really the best indicator for quality.

Also, that particular bug is pretty old.

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
EA didn't give us access to the full game. Just Act 1.

It was just basically a paid demo. The most people could do was report a few bugs and give thoughts on the stuff we could see. I think it led to the game being dumbed down more than it did it being fixed.

Hindsight being what it is, especially with the tranny stuff, I don't think I would have bought it if I knew this in advance. But it was a weird time in the world and I was bored.
Chris Roberts should do an RPG next. Star RPG or something like that. It's never finished, but you can buy just about anything in the game from characters to plate mail to customized swords to entire castles and the like.

It alone would fund the RPG industry for years to come.
From a business perspective, especially with Steam, EA makes a lot of sense.

You get the preorder money, but without the risk of people refunding at the last minute.

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
You dipshits are the ones who're constantly hyping it up blahblahblah
Look, asshat, if you're not going to respond to my points, I'm not going to read your tldr. And I haven't used the word revolution except to respond to you.

Again, you can watch youtube vids for examples. Until you actually look at what the game has to offer, you're just sperging for the sake of sperging, since you have no idea what you're criticizing.

If you don't want to do that until release, fine, but you're wasting your time and everyone else's talking about it while you're still ignorant.

Last edited:
Don't know if it's still in the game but the "we'll always be watching" video is pretty old.

edit: I wish they incorporated it by having her walk backwards doing the "I'm keeping my eyes on you" gesture.

watching-you-got-my-eyes-on-you.gif

Shaki

Arbiter
You dipshits are the ones who're constantly hyping it up blahblahblah
Look, asshat, if you're not going to respond to my points, I'm not going to read your tldr
I probably responded to all your points, refuted them all, and obliterated you with facts and logic, but it was like 10 pages ago, I already made 20 more posts since then, so I dont even remember what we were talking about, and I dont care anymore. Be faster next time nigga

Lets use night and day and cycle discussion, if the game were a hardcore experience where you are actually rushing against time to deal with the tadpole. I'd say yes not implementing this system that would decrease the quality of this game because how you turn time a resource if your game don't track the days passed?
But I saw people arguing about fucking AI of night and day cycle, this game is not a immersive sim or a exploration game like TES, so it doesn't add nothing.
Well, maybe it should be.
Great RPGs should always strive to be almost in equal parts [player-driven] narrative experiences AND simulations of a fictional place.
And that's aside of what type of combat (or what amount of it) they would decide to include.
That's a big part of what made games like Ultima, Gothic, Fallout, Arcanum and countless others in genre absolute classics.

Last edited:

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
That's pretty much the standard for narrative-heavy games. Can't do much that requires a lot of reactivity that could impact a large portion of the game (or the main plot), because that would require a lot of re-writing. Wasteland 2, for all its fault, shows how content-exclusive reactivity can work. This is why you either get "nothing really changes" or "changes only affect some part of side content".
The Fallout games adopted a hub-based approach, in which choices made in one hub almost never had consequences outside it, but this did allow for more extensive C&C outcomes within each distinct hub. :M

Shaki

Arbiter
Lets use night and day and cycle discussion, if the game were a hardcore experience where you are actually rushing against time to deal with the tadpole. I'd say yes not implementing this system that would decrease the quality of this game because how you turn time a resource if your game don't track the days passed?
But I saw people arguing about fucking AI of night and day cycle, this game is not a immersive sim or a exploration game like TES, so it doesn't add nothing.
Well, maybe it should be.
Great RPGs should always strive to be almost in equal parts [player-driven] narrative experiences AND simulations of a fictional place.
And that's aside of what type of combat (or what amount of it) they would decide to include.
That's what made games like Ultima, Gothic, Fallout, Arcanum and countless others in genre absolute classics.

Great RPGs should strive to offer fun monster killing and dungeon crawling, everything else is just fluff

Last edited:

Shaki

Arbiter

great rpgs should strive to let me customize my character in a cool way so i can kill interesting and deadly monsters and take their shiny stuff

you disgusting storyfag

Correct and based, as long as by "customize in a cool way" you mean customizing the character build and not its penis size.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron

great rpgs should strive to let me customize my character in a cool way so i can kill interesting and deadly monsters and take their shiny stuff

you disgusting storyfag

Correct and based, as long as by "customize in a cool way" you mean customizing the character build and not its penis size.

clearly should have specified such, i now realize my mistake

i did feel like it followed from "...so i can kill" as huegpenises seldom enable monster killing though i guess that would be a novelty

Last edited:

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
you disgusting storyfag
I have no clue of where the fuck did you even get the idea.
I said that RPGs are for a sizable portion narrative experiences. I never said "I'm in for the story".

i'm deeply sorry about your short term memory loss disease but fortunately i am nothing if not a helpful soul and thus shall recover your own words from the abyssal depths of... the current page

Tuco Benedicto Pacifico said:

Sarkile

Magister
Patron
You're not wrong. That's why D:OS2 Act 2 and Act 3 were so polished, and why Owlcat's final acts are always so well crafted.

i'm deeply sorry about your short term memory loss disease
As I'm equally sorry for your fucking terrible reading comprehension.

Once again, claiming that "narrative" is a sizable part and core aspect of a CRPG is fucking lightyears away from claiming its "story" is the most important thing.
And the misinterpretation is even less justifiable when I even specified in the following sentence that this is ASIDE from how predominant the combat may be in the overall balance of the game.

If I told you that wood plays a big role in furnishing a home, you shouldn't be authorized to interpret it as "We should have a whole bunch of fucking trees in the living room".

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
i'm deeply sorry about your short term memory loss disease
As I'm equally sorry for your fucking terrible reading comprehension.

Once again, claiming that "narrative" is a sizable part and core aspect of a CRPG is fucking lightyears away from claiming its "story" is the most important thing.
And the misinterpretation is even less justifiable when I even specified in the following sentence that this is ASIDE from how predominant the combat may be in the overall balance of the game.

If I told you that wood plays a bigger role in furnishing a home, you shouldn't be authorized to interpret it as "We should have a whole bunch of fucking trees in the living room".

blackguards is a great fucking rpg and it simulates a fictional place just about as well as you're able to maintain goal post position

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom