Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 Early Access Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Larian (and Owlcat to an extent) just have a lot of really rabid and permanently butthurt fanboys, so threads about them tend to get much more messy since both sides constantly escalate
Likely because Larian fanboys secretly know that Larian games are shit. :lol:

I haven't seen that much Larian fanboyism here btw. Even Rusty, he was just a troll, not an actual idiot.

AwesomeButton

Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Are you ready for Baldur's Gate 3, pinnacle of degeneracy? B/c reddit certainly is.

cc1TFYA.jpg
The guy totally has a point - he has an "E-girlfriend" and the game doesn't allow them to have "E-sex".

Larian is practically destroying his sex life with their inconsiderate design.

Incendax

Augur
Are you ready for Baldur's Gate 3, pinnacle of degeneracy? B/c reddit certainly is.

cc1TFYA.jpg
Five states away sounds like a Canadian girlfriend nobody else has met, and I don't think that poster has ever been fully immersed in anything. ;)

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
I'm just going to wait until the game releases so I can judge it on its own merits, rather than any hype or anti-hype.

Boring

I will admit there's a lot of fun in codex factionalism and sperging, but a lot of the sperging before release is just monotonous and predictable.

It's after launch that the real fun begins.

:popcorn:

the real fun won't begin until an apologist posts the neutral-positive review

Shaki

Arbiter
Larian (and Owlcat to an extent) just have a lot of really rabid and permanently butthurt fanboys, so threads about them tend to get much more messy since both sides constantly escalate
Even Rusty, he was just a troll, not an actual idiot.

I'm still not sure. Sperging out over 1 tranny in WotR and declaring the game unredeemable shit because of that, but at the same time full simping for Larian, was far too retarded to be real, but he made it sound real.

AwesomeButton

Patron
Even Rusty, he was just a troll, not an actual idiot.

I'm still not sure. Sperging out over 1 tranny in WotR and declaring the game unredeemable shit because of that, but at the same time full simping for Larian, was far too retarded to be real, but he made it sound real.
Yeah, maybe it's the trolling of someone who never admits when he is wrong or when the other person has a point. What we can't know for sure is if he was doing it for fun, i.e. trolling, or is really unable to concede anything which falls under idiotism.

Takamori

Learned
Like I understand and you point out X thing is shit or the entire game is shit, but making pages worth of it. Like the people that already bought the game won't refund it and the same time you just present yourself as a fucking sperg making your opinion look retarded to any stranger even if there is merit on your argument. You are actually making people buy more copies of BG3 with your lego building plan.

Brother, you can write 20 pages of sperging out, repeatedly screeching nothing but Bioware bad or POE bad - no one will bat an eye and you'll get 20 prestigious reactions under every post. Larian (and Owlcat to an extent) just have a lot of really rabid and permanently butthurt fanboys, so threads about them tend to get much more messy, since both sides constantly escalate, rather than engage in usual Codex echo chamber of shitting on the game.
Well Bioware is shit is like having a conglomerate of people and we start a meeting so yeah uhh water is wet. Everyone will go yep and probably order some pizza.
PoE there is some qualities even if few for a discussion so we observe that PoE thread have a decent amount of pages even if the general consensus is the game didn't do enough to be considered a next gen RPG or the revival of RPG as it was promised.

Problem with Baldurs Gate, there is a lot of stuff that I would say wow Swen is a fucktard for implementing this and its actual bad design, talk shit about balance man but he is right the structure of combat of this game demands that you exploit the living shit out of it. But we entered in abstract sperg territory with bear sex, midget sex or whatever that doesn't influence the game at all. Given that you are an E.Y.E gentlemen imagine that in some dialogue Rimanah said so yeah I fucked a dog once we must end this wave now. It would be weird for sure but given the overall good experience you are presented with the game you would be ok there is that but it won't subtract from what I played overall. And you still would discuss the mechanics, farming artifacts, better starter skill etc.

Lets use night and day and cycle discussion, if the game were a hardcore experience where you are actually rushing against time to deal with the tadpole. I'd say yes not implementing this system that would decrease the quality of this game because how you turn time a resource if your game don't track the days passed?
But I saw people arguing about fucking AI of night and day cycle, this game is not a immersive sim or a exploration game like TES, so it doesn't add nothing. Add just for the sake of being able to rob a store? Thats what I call retarded mechanic that I could Swen implementing because its "fun" oh yeah you can rob the store hurr hurr. It doesn't add anything to a narrative structured game, I joke that this game is more close to a Visual Novel but there is truth in my joke, we are in a consensus that we are here for the reactivity experience what sort of choice the game will recognize? Can I be unhinged psycho and the game acknowledge it?

No bully Crispy :negative:

Last edited:

Aphex81

Scholar
RPG Codex is (in)famous for talking shit about video games. Hell, our unofficial slogan is, "Chances are, something you care about is shit. Why? Because this is the RPGCodex." (I may have gotten that slightly wrong, but you get the gist) Thanks for the correction, EFYROIUJKNGHWULLEDEBUB

But even here we won't put up with blatant opinion spamming, especially in the same thread, and that's what Drakortha is (was) doing. He can only re-word it so many ways. I think he's exhausted those ways, and it's getting irritating.
There is only so much you can say about a game. We're just killing time before the release.

Barbarian

Arcane
Minsc might be the single best available companion in this game you know.

He is not a fag. He is not "romanceable". So what if he is retarded.

Crispy

I feel... young!
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
Chris Roberts should do an RPG next. Star RPG or something like that. It's never finished, but you can buy just about anything in the game from characters to plate mail to customized swords to entire castles and the like.

It alone would fund the RPG industry for years to come.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom