Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 Early Access Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

The_Mask

Just like Yves, I chase tales.
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
I should feel bad for her but I don't. All actors, especially voice actors, are sub-human nigger cattle who, in the words of Sam Hyde; "Want you broke and dead, your kids raped and mutilated and they think it's funny." Remember how all those faggots in Critical Role mourned the death of the Jewish pedophile rapist who Kyle Rittenhouse killed and got mad that Kyle got off scott-free? Makes me hope that they all get replaced by AI soon. Couldn't have happen to more horrible people.
It didn't always used to be that way. It's just the new(er) generation of voice actors that started either in the 00's or, worse, in the '10's - that just have this distorted idea that what they do, or say, matters.

Much like the meeting between Twitter and Hollywood, the one between voice actors and streaming, didn't lead to anything good. Nobody should care, or want to care, about your favourite actors', be that voice or on-screen, political orientation.

Just do a good job reading your script. Emote, to the best of your ability. Make sure your name is in the credits. Bow to your audience. That's it.

RangerBoo

Arcane
The Homeless Paradise of Washington State
Thanks for reminding me that based Kyle sent two demons back to Hell where they belong, and then was found innocent.
Liam O'Brian threw such a fit over that. Then again, given that he is a gay man and gay men are, according to FBI statistics, more likely to molest and rape a child and be pedophiles, he was probably afraid Saint Kyle would to do him what he did to the pedophile Jew.

Sarkile

Magister
Patron
Thanks for reminding me that based Kyle sent two demons back to Hell where they belong, and then was found innocent.
Liam O'Brian threw such a fit over that. Then again, given that he is a gay man and gay men are, according to FBI statistics, more likely to molest and rape a child and be pedophiles, he was probably afraid Saint Kyle would to do him what he did to the pedophile Jew.
Do you have an article that presents a brief overview of their retardation over the trial? I tried searching for it, but it was overwhelmed by actual news from the trial.

RangerBoo

Arcane
Do you have an article that presents a brief overview of their retardation over the trial? I tried searching for it, but it was overwhelmed by actual news from the trial.
Just tweets but like true cowards they ended up deleting them when they saw that the public wasn't kissing their ass and fawning over their takes. You can probably find them here or on other sites but they are buried under a lot of stuff.

Singing to Shadowheart by the campfire after a long day of fighting bad guys....

Writing a ballad about Shadowheart's heroic deeds saving Baldur's Gate from the dastardly cult of the absolute...

Embarking on Shadowheart's quest to discover her memories, and then making new ones, together....

Cuddling with Shadowheart and suddenly she whispers to you her real name....

Shadowheart running her fingers through your hair as you sit and watch the stars together, then she says she's happy that she can finally appreciate the moon now that she has escaped from Shar's deceptions...

Using your reaction to jump in front of an arrow that met or exceeded her armor class....

Getting Loviatar's blessing from the priest in the fort and Shadowheart liked watching that so she tells you that you need to do it again every night in order to keep the blessing, and that she happily volunteers to help you....

Using your adventuring money to buy the nicest wine in Baldur's Gate for your date at the lake with Shadowheart....but then reminding her that it's dangerous to drink and swim because you love her and care about her safety more than you value looking cool....

Using detect thoughts to find out what Shadowheart's favorite camp meal is, and then always collecting those camp supplies....no, that's an invasion of privacy, I will never use magic or tadpoles to look at Shadowheart's mind, I'll just ask her normally....

Taking proficiency and then expertise in chef's tools at character creation so you can always make the yummiest meals for your wife Shadowheart....

:shittydog:

KIss My Ass

Patron
Dumbfuck Shitposter
Codex+ Now Streaming!
pedobear-fleshlight-sextoys.jpg

Immortal

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Singing to Shadowheart by the campfire after a long day of fighting bad guys....

Writing a ballad about Shadowheart's heroic deeds saving Baldur's Gate from the dastardly cult of the absolute...

Embarking on Shadowheart's quest to discover her memories, and then making new ones, together....

Cuddling with Shadowheart and suddenly she whispers to you her real name....

Shadowheart running her fingers through your hair as you sit and watch the stars together, then she says she's happy that she can finally appreciate the moon now that she has escaped from Shar's deceptions...

Using your reaction to jump in front of an arrow that met or exceeded her armor class....

Getting Loviatar's blessing from the priest in the fort and Shadowheart liked watching that so she tells you that you need to do it again every night in order to keep the blessing, and that she happily volunteers to help you....

Using your adventuring money to buy the nicest wine in Baldur's Gate for your date at the lake with Shadowheart....but then reminding her that it's dangerous to drink and swim because you love her and care about her safety more than you value looking cool....

Using detect thoughts to find out what Shadowheart's favorite camp meal is, and then always collecting those camp supplies....no, that's an invasion of privacy, I will never use magic or tadpoles to look at Shadowheart's mind, I'll just ask her normally....

Taking proficiency and then expertise in chef's tools at character creation so you can always make the yummiest meals for your wife Shadowheart....

:shittydog:

Stuffing your bear cock in her shadow plane dimensional door.

Takamori

Learned
Lets use night and day and cycle discussion, if the game were a hardcore experience where you are actually rushing against time to deal with the tadpole. I'd say yes not implementing this system that would decrease the quality of this game because how you turn time a resource if your game don't track the days passed?
But I saw people arguing about fucking AI of night and day cycle, this game is not a immersive sim or a exploration game like TES, so it doesn't add nothing.
Well, maybe it should be.
Great RPGs should always strive to be almost in equal parts [player-driven] narrative experiences AND simulations of a fictional place.
And that's aside of what type of combat (or what amount of it) they would decide to include.
That's a big part of what made games like Ultima, Gothic, Fallout, Arcanum and countless others in genre absolute classics.
Given they want the wider audience possible probably marketing told them not to and also summed with Swen stubbornness to not deal with Day and Night Cycle. So win win in their internals, personally I'd love to have all elements being cohesive with the story told but sadly money will always scream louder, your average dad with 500 sons , 3000 jobs and 30 wives don't wanna deal with any sort of brain activity during his singular hour of gameplay (I know its fucking contradictory with the whole game structure that will require you to have at least have 100 hours free)

Last edited:

RangerBoo

Arcane
It didn't always used to be that way. It's just the new(er) generation of voice actors that started either in the 00's or, worse, in the '10's - that just have this distorted idea that what they do, or say, matters.

Much like the meeting between Twitter and Hollywood, the one between voice actors and streaming, didn't lead to anything good. Nobody should care, or want to care, about your favourite actors', be that voice or on-screen, political orientation.

Just do a good job reading your script. Emote, to the best of your ability. Make sure your name is in the credits. Bow to your audience. That's it.
That is the problem. These fuckers think they are intellectual giants who are going to change the world. Hollywood is ran like a cult and a part of what a lot of cults tell you is that they are the chosen ones who are going to change the world and make it into a utopia. A lot of LA brain rotted celebs think this and when they started to spew their verbal diarrhea on Twitter they were shocked that the masses, instead of treating them like the chosen ones, praising their every word and treating it as profound, treat them like the pariahs they are. As Willian Shakespeare once said; "Only a fool thinks he is wise.", and nothing is more foolish then a brain rotted cultist who thinks he/she is one of the chosen wise ones.

Last edited:

Sarkile

Magister
Patron
Just tweets but like true cowards they ended up deleting them when they saw that the public wasn't kissing their ass and fawning over their takes. You can probably find them here or on other sites but they are buried under a lot of stuff.
Fair enough. I vaguely recall something along those lines, but it's been a few years. I can't describe how much I wouldn't want to burrow the tweets of those assholes though.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
i did feel like it followed from "...so i can kill" as huegpenises seldom enable monster killing though i guess that would be a novelty
You have forgotten the story told in Witcher 3, about the witcher who was asked to vanguish a monster that fed on maidens it would steal from the villages.

He fucked all the maidens in the local area, and the monster starved to death. A hero for all age groups!

Last edited:

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
That's pretty much the standard for narrative-heavy games. Can't do much that requires a lot of reactivity that could impact a large portion of the game (or the main plot), because that would require a lot of re-writing. Wasteland 2, for all its fault, shows how content-exclusive reactivity can work. This is why you either get "nothing really changes" or "changes only affect some part of side content".
The Fallout games adopted a hub-based approach, in which choices made in one hub almost never had consequences outside it, but this did allow for more extensive C&C outcomes within each distinct hub. :M
Which I think is the better approach, since the Wasteland 2 approach cuts you off from entire areas you only see on a 2nd playthrough and who has the time to play games this big more than once

Yosharian

Arcane
Remember how all those faggots in Critical Role mourned the death of the Jewish pedophile rapist who Kyle Rittenhouse killed and got mad that Kyle got off scott-free?
Not that I don't believe that that's a thing that probably happened, but... Do you have a source that proves this?

Kiste

Augur
i did feel like it followed from "...so i can kill" as huegpenises seldom enable monster killing though i guess that would be a novelty
You have forgotten the story told in Witcher 3, about the witcher who was asked to vanguish a monster that fed on maidens it would steal from the villages.

He fucked all the maidens in the local area, and the monster starved to death. A hero for all age groups!

Meh. The maidens could just have identified as male and the monster would have starved as well. No need for a Witcher.

Jermu

Arbiter
Patron
IjSz9Ed.png

U43Iv5M.png

Noticed something while scrolling new spells list
only ways to get destruction wave is to have tempest cleric or lvl 10 lore bard
only way to get staggering smite or banishing smite is lvl 10 lore bard

I doubt Larian just added few smite spells that are available for lore bard to pick which is probably not the best option for melee so...
cumulative multiclass spell progression confirmed?
:negative:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom