Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 Early Access Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Who would've thought 20+ years of technical progress and a new ruleset would result in a different game.

You mean 20+ years of decline...

Keep crying though, it's still Baldur's Gate 3 and nothing will change that fact.

Just like Fallout 3 and 76 are "still" fallout, but the closest thing to the original FL is UnderRail. The UI, Arstyle, Writting, etc of BG3 remembers me a lot about DOS2. If I put a BG3 screenshot side by side with a DOS2 screenshot, the similarities becomes even clear.

Swen

Scholar
Shitposter
Who would've thought 20+ years of technical progress and a new ruleset would result in a different game.

You mean 20+ years of decline...
iu

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
geee swen is still alive,amazing. I thought that you drowned in that flood or what ever happened. How are you doing,my favourite french midget?

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine

I an 29 yo. Sorry if prefering old school games is being "boomer".

I wish that the RPG genre had evolved not devolved. Wish that we had complex AI to act like NPC's, instead of dialog wheels. spells interacting even more with the world, with scenario destruction and ballistic physics for spells, firearms and archery, instead of cooldowns and 14m range for this weapons, player created modules nwn1/2 style instead of horse armor DLC's. Attributes able to solve more and more things of the world, instead of stat stickie gear...

Dodo1610

Arcane

https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1086940/view/3031455588218290500
Pre-Patch Announcement
Hello everyone!

It sounds crazy, but we haven’t spoken since last year! My, how you’ve grown. Let’s hope this year will bring brighter cheer. You might have noticed the Larian Twitter handle mentions Patch 4 brewing, and it’s been that way since the launch of Patch 3. It’s taken a while, but we’re finally ready to talk about it… soon.

Patch 4 is right around the corner. We can’t be more specific than that at the moment, but look, today we announced the Panel From Hell 2! Mark your calendars, on February 17th at 10am PT we’re going back to Hell.

Following the success of last year’s live streamed event, the Panel from Hell is making its chaotic return. Featuring Principal Rules Designer of Dungeons & Dragons Jeremy Crawford, Creative Director Swen Vincke and guests Nick Pechenin, David Walgrave and more, next week’s stream promises to reveal a heaving assembly of news and updates for Baldur’s Gate 3 – including the biggest patch note ever forged in the fiery pits of Larian.

Panel from Hell 2 will also unveil the ways Larian is meeting the challenge of BG3, along with a peek at newly improved cinematics, Tieflings, spells and cows, oh my! And wrapping up the show, we'll be live streaming the latest content from Baldur's Gate 3's biggest update yet.

We look forward to having you join us next week!

As for the patch itself, this amount of changes is invariably going to invalidate previous saves. That means saves prior to Patch 4’s release will not be compatible with Patch 4.

That said, we’re again branching out with the same solution as before. If you’re already accustomed to this as a hardened Patch 3 veteran, then simply follow the same steps as before and skip the text at the bottom of this post, because it’s not new text and it’s quite long.

Hopefully, once you’ve tuned into the Panel From Hell 2 you’ll have better clarity on what’s inside, but also a new yearning to re-roll. Hmmmmmmm

Last edited:

Salvo

Arcane
Having a pre-patch announcement is so pretentious holy shit just release the patch notes you porch monkeys

Fedora Master

STOP POSTING
Patron
Edgy
Having a pre-patch announcement is so pretentious holy shit just release the patch notes you porch monkeys

Depends on how big the changes are. If they were to add Act 2 or something I could see the appeal but that's not what's going to happen. It'll be pointless crap nobody asked for, if there's any new content at all.

Gyor

Savant

Depends on how big the changes are. If they were to add Act 2 or something I could see the appeal but that's not what's going to happen. It'll be pointless crap nobody asked for, if there's any new content at all.

I think the Panel from Hell 2 is going to be alot more then just the patch notes. In think we might find out more about their long term plans for BG3, like a list of races, subclasses, and Companions by full release. I mean they know they we're datamined out the ass. We know about the Warforged even!

Plus I doubt that they'd bring Jeremy Crawford to a panel just about patch notes so no doubt they have some big announcement. Maybe even the full release date.

Gyor

Savant
New companions, maybe?

I think they will address all the stuff that was found in data mining like races, classes, and companions, plus long term plans and maybe even merchahtising in addition to patch notes stuff. Maybe WotC will announce something at the Panel From Hell 2.

Bara

Arcane
Just be ready for Larian to implement the optional rule from the caldron of everything book with free assign ASI as a mamdatory rule at the behest of wotc.

Game will be fun still probably and in singleplayer mode you can just adhere to the original rules by yourself but wotc has been making a like of stupid decisions on their end I would be surprised if it bleeds into BG3.

Salvo

Arcane
haha wholesome chonky keanu chungus xd

Whatever slivers of hopes I had for this game are slowly dying. I realize their marketing team and the people putting in the actual work on the game are different, but the kind of crowd they're pandering to makes me scared for the future.

W-wait... was Ontopoly right all along?

Gyor

Savant
Just be ready for Larian to implement the optional rule from the caldron of everything book with free assign ASI as a mamdatory rule at the behest of wotc.

Game will be fun still probably and in singleplayer mode you can just adhere to the original rules by yourself but wotc has been making a like of stupid decisions on their end I would be surprised if it bleeds into BG3.

Its still early access, if it proves unpopular, it can be reversed. Personally its not a big deal to me, the meat of a race is in its features, not its stat bumps.

Gyor

Savant
haha wholesome chonky keanu chungus xd

Whatever slivers of hopes I had for this game are slowly dying. I realize their marketing team and the people putting in the actual work on the game are different, but the kind of crowd they're pandering to makes me scared for the future.

W-wait... was Ontopoly right all along?

No Ontopoly continues to be very wrong

Gahbreeil

Scholar
Bought it in early access. Played until Shadowheart introduction. I dislike the game for everything including lagging. No Real Time combat with a pause system. The end of the Western Role-Playing Game as humanity knew it and the prophecied Apocalypse.

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
Bought it in early access. Played until Shadowheart introduction. I dislike the game for everything including lagging. No Real Time combat with a pause system. The end of the Western Role-Playing Game as humanity knew it and the prophecied Apocalypse.
Bioware's "Real-Time with Pause" combat system, introduced in Baldur's Gate, was horrendous decline that tainted CRPGs for many years. Fortunately, CRPG audiences have belatedly seen the error of this path, as evidenced by their enthusiasm for both turn-based and action-based real-time combat systems over RTwP drek. +M

It will soon time to learn if Larian actually cares one single bit about the "valuable feedback" it received from the community or if we'll have to carry the universally despised fucking toilet chain to our graves, forever doomed to play a game that controls like shit.

Sharpedge

Prophet
It will soon time to learn if Larian actually cares one single bit about the "valuable feedback" it received from the community or if we'll have to carry the universally despised fucking toilet chain to our graves, forever doomed to play a game that controls like shit.
Sadly I doubt they will fix this. Fortunately, I bet this is something mods can fix.

Fedora Master

STOP POSTING
Patron
Edgy

Their community is retarded, they will only listen to feedback that's essentially asskissing.

"Oh Swen Senpai plz add more races! I want to be a Half-Drow Half-Dragonborn, just like my OC! *slurp slurp* Can I have neon purple hair too?! And I want to be able to romance all the companions at once because my OC is pansexual! Please Swen! *sluuuurp*"

Last edited:

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
Sadly I doubt they will fix this. Fortunately, I bet this is something mods can fix.
I sure hope so. A single button to chain/unchain the entire party would go a long way towards making the chain system playable.

It will soon time to learn if Larian actually cares one single bit about the "valuable feedback" it received from the community
As has already been pointed out, Larian couldn't care less about fan feedback or suggestions for improvement. Writing anything on their forums is just a huge waste of time.

That said, Swen does actually read threads about about neon green pubes, monster holes for your adventurer's penis, etc. and and he apparently takes them very seriously.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom