Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 Early Access Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Ninjerk

Arcane
Chances of Edwin appearing in the game are extremely high, especially if at least parts of Minsc and Boo's Journal of Villainy are canon. Chances of Edwina making an appearance are low, which sucks, I would love some Edwina.
Elminster did make Edwina permanent! He did!

Wrong account, Shlomo.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
What about Aerie? Any chance that she will appear? And pregnant?

I wanna see how much Larian will destroy iconic BG1/2 companions. But for now, downloading KoTC2 to play after work.

Shrimp

Arbiter
I remember on multiple occasions reading posts about how Swen Vincke at some point had said something along the lines of him not knowing why people liked Minsc.
I don't know if it was from an ancient blog or some random interview, but I never managed to track down the origin of the (alleged) quote. Mind you this was, at least as far as I can recall, before BG3 even had been announced.

Would anyone happen to know where or when this was said? I'm certain I've seen people reference it multiple times and I'm curious about what he had to say back then, but since I can't find the quote anywhere it makes me wonder if it even is a legitimate reference in the first place.
I should probably clarify that this was most likely on Larian's own forums, not here.

Last edited:

Tweed

Professional Kobold
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
https://www.linkedin.com/in/mollygos Here's your director of communications and PR. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!
ntPFWzR.png

Tweed

Professional Kobold
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Despite your photos, having worked for Chucklefish is not exactly a minus. At least not that I can tell.

Great if you were at the top, exploiting everyone. Bad if you were one of the people doing any actual work. Molly's job was to be a punching bag while telling everyone that "Steam don't do refunds" after telling everyone they'd always refund their money. Most of the CM was actually left to the team of psychotic nutters and rejects from Something Awful who'd banned people for every kind of arbitrary reason they could find if it went against the mindless praise for their shitty game. And then there was the day one of the admins went batshit and literally banned every single person on Steam. As near as I can figure Molly's one big contribution at Valve was to hire a tranny to do art for several of Valve's seasonal events. Chucklefish is such a great company to be involved in that Concerned Ape took back the publish rights for their game and that plush toy company that was going to make a punch of tie-in products cut all ties with them and said they wouldn't be working with them in the future.

S.torch

Arbiter
Madman making an isometric turn-based RPG with resources that some mid-size studios could use to make 2 or 3 popamole AAA games.

I have to agree. Unlike other studios that the first thing they did when they had money was abandoning their fanbase. :M

Still, their focus on muh co-op is pretty cringe.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
On October 2022, it will be two full years of Meredoth's endless ragecrying about this game. This is the price of autism.

I'm not ragecrying, I'm mocking this game because lets be real. This game has lots and lots of problems. Like lv 4 archdruids unable to kill goblins. I never saw it in any game, recently I was playing KoTC2 and to become a archdruid there, you need lv 20. In original AD&D, a Druid only becomes an archdruid after learning all seven divine nature magical circles. Sadly the legacy of Baldur's Gate and D&D is being bastardized since woketards got their dirty hands on it.

TSR + SSI produced the best D&D CRPG's.

Elden Ring
Breath of the Wild
Witcher 3
go play those, fattie

Elden Ring is one of the few good modern RPG's .

Novice
On October 2022, it will be two full years of Meredoth's endless ragecrying about this game. This is the price of autism.

I'm not ragecrying, I'm mocking this game because lets be real. This game has lots and lots of problems. Like lv 4 archdruids unable to kill goblins. I never saw it in any game, recently I was playing KoTC2 and to become a archdruid there, you need lv 20. In original AD&D, a Druid only becomes an archdruid after learning all seven divine nature magical circles. Sadly the legacy of Baldur's Gate and D&D is being bastardized since woketards got their dirty hands on it.

TSR + SSI produced the best D&D CRPG's.

Elden Ring
Breath of the Wild
Witcher 3
go play those, fattie

Elden Ring is one of the few good modern RPG's .

D&D bastardized
When was D&D good, ever? D&D (and Warhammer) bastardized the high fantasy genre.

Elden Ring is one of the few good modern RPG's
From Software literally produces FIFAs of RPGs.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom