Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 Early Access Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Harthwain

Magister
Too much work, that's why. Look at Age of Decadence. They worked their butts off just to go deep into stats, skills, and faction reputation affecting the narrative of the game.
Well, that's the problem with narrative-oriented games. A systemic-oriented game wouldn't be having this problem.

Terenty

Liturgist
So is the game gonna look that washed out and bright(clearly downgraded) on release as well or are they gonna revert it back? Don't tell me the fucking consoles can't handle that kind of lighting

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1086940/view/3289338669264494472
Hotfix #29 Now Live!
Version Number: 4.1.1.1829258
94c1e4aca1bdcca2e5318af7e0f40d964bdf1e34.png

Hello everyone,

We’ve got another hotfix for you today, handling a few crashes and blockers you’ve been reporting to us. Not every party gets along smoothly, but we’ve been told that companions at camp were giving you the cold shoulder after rescuing Halsin. We guess they’re just not fans of bears, but they should be a lot chattier now after some team building.

As ever, thank you for playing Baldur’s Gate 3 and taking the time to report these issues to us.

CRASHES & BLOCKERS

• Fixed a crash that would occur randomly when running the game on the Vulkan API in combination with an NVIDIA card.
  • Fixed a crash that would occur when opening in-game windows like the Examine and Inventory panels when running the game on an NVIDIA card with DLSS enabled.
  • You can now initiate dialogue with companions at camp after rescuing Halsin.
  • Fixed the VFX crashing the game when shapeshifting (e.g. via Transform or Wild Shape).
  • Fixed the sharp drops in FPS and the subsequent crash if your character dies while wearing the Helmet of Grit and the Gloves of Fire Resistance.
  • Fixed a crash that would occur when saving after using a Scroll of Goodberry.
  • Fixed potential freezes and GPU lockups for Mac users on AMD machines when clicking the ‘New Save’ button.

RunningWolf

Learned
So is the game gonna look that washed out and bright(clearly downgraded) on release as well or are they gonna revert it back? Don't tell me the fucking consoles can't handle that kind of lighting
Well they downgraded physics in DOS2:DE for the sake of consoles, which broke clothing physics making in clip on character model and they didn't give a shit about it despite updating the game several times after physics engine swap.

ItsChon

Resident Zoomer
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Is the game finished enough to give this piece of shit a try? I don't really want to try it, but since I got a new computer I might as well try the newest triple A shit.

deuxhero

Arcane
My most played race in kingmaker is Dhampir(races unleashed), that race comes with lots of drawbacks, including healing from negative energy only. Not even in mmos I min max with race, I'm playing EverQuest - p99 as an human necromancer which is probably the most sub-optimal race for necros.
I find it shocking how few games go deep into racial diversity, essentially changing the gameplay depending on what race you're playing. One would think that RPG is a genre that could benefit the most out of this kind of approach.
Meanwhile, in 5E, an Dwarf can become an magic user
He can, but he's utterly shit at it. Not because he's a dwarf, but because he is NOT a race that gets an intelligence bonus. Bonded Accuracy and the retarded point buy system mean trying to play anything but a handful of race+class combos in 5E is an exercise in futility. It's in 3E/PF where a Dwarf can be a magic user and actually has some reason to (he may not be as good at raw power, but he's far more durable than intelligence bonus race wizards, and can see in the dark) and merely "not as good". 5E there's no gap between "optimal" and "You objectively fucked up your character and the system's math now actively hates you."

notpl

Arbiter
It doesn't matter what you do in 5e because every possible character will be within 15% of any other character's success rate at anything.

Self-Ejected

underground nymph

I care not!
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
I sense good-hating minmaxing build-fags are at their petty attempts to undermine the developments of the almighty Balance again.

aleph

Arcane
It doesn't matter what you do in 5e because every possible character will be within 15% of any other character's success rate at anything.

5E there's no gap between "optimal" and "You objectively fucked up your character and the system's math now actively hates you
Which IS IT

Neither, both are full of shit.
Character effectiveness in 5e is much more determined by character features and advantage/disadvantage than raw bonuses.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom