Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 Early Access Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
14c.jpg
Actually no, I tried to find statistics on the matter but I can't find any. I did find that 40% of players are female - https://comicbook.com/gaming/news/dungeons-and-dragons-demographics-2020/
My assumption is more a combination of an educated guess + my own experiences, but I'm fairly certain I am correct.

The two women and one of the non-straight white dudes.
Sometimes I'm Roberta, sometimes Daniel. And sometimes .....*sshh* this is a secret, I'm Mary.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
I'm sorry to derail the discussion, but, speaking of BG3: stealth is so fucking broken in this game. You can basically sneak around the edges of the area where the encounter takes place, killing enemies one by one. If this is working as intended, at Larian they really don't know what they are doing. They should just insert the sneaking character in the initiative order as soon as he makes his first attack against an enemy, or drop the multiplayer altogether (please, Swen, pretty please...) and implement a proper surprise round.

Lacrymas

Arcane
I don't believe this unless nearly all of them are hiding that they are so :P
This might be a joke, but ...they are hiding, lol. In this meta-study (i.e. the most reliable of scientific evidence) of men who have sex with men (there are points of contention about taxonomy, self-identification, labels, categorization, etc.) in poorer countries (i.e. non-Western), the % is between 3ish up to 20%. This study from the world health organization says the same thing, between 3 and 16%. LGBTs have been historically undercounted due to their own hesitation to call themselves that. I don't call myself any of these words myself, I mostly use "non-straight" just to get the point across, but I don't like that either. Either way, what goes on in bedrooms and behind closed doors will surprise you.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I know. If I was, I would de-sexualize all media. Now it seems everyone wears their sexuality like clothing. Like it's their main trait and it gets a bit much, especially when it's degenerate stuff. And latest I've read was that the LOTR tv-series would have sex scenes, and I can only ask why is that needed?

Last edited:

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
So? Even if this were true, how does it change the fact tabletop/RPGs in general are very popular among them?

They're not a majority or anything close to it.

Except there's a reason why they hate that stuff (along with witches like in Salem) which I already covered. I have no idea what you are trying to say with this little tirade.

Fantasy is dangerous to the status quo because you might get ...ideas that maybe the world has the possibility to be different than it is currently.

It's a bunch of dorks playing a game together. No one ever thought that D&D was going to instigate a radical revolution, Christians hated it because they thought it was a cult honoring Satan.

Harthwain

Magister
And latest I've read was that the LOTR tv-series would have sex scenes, and I can only ask why is that needed?
Because Game of Thrones did it and it was popular. So now everybody is trying to mindlessly copy what they did, even when it's against the source material, without stopping for a moment to think what exactly made Game of Thrones TV series popular in the first place.

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Shamelessly stolen from the ot her bg thread.

Some very anoying stuff in the EA:

Combat should be on a grid.
You should be able to tell if a body/container is empty without manually searching it.
ALT doesn't highlight everything you can interact with.

Hopefully that gets fixed

Lacrymas

Arcane
So? Even if this were true, how does it change the fact tabletop/RPGs in general are very popular among them?

They're not a majority or anything close to it.
So? They are still an exploitable demographic that is very much into D&D. You don't need to be "a majority" to be worth exploiting.
It's a bunch of dorks playing a game together. No one ever thought that D&D was going to instigate a radical revolution, Christians hated it because they thought it was a cult honoring Satan.
This is a very naive way of looking at these things. I already said what the problem with conservatives was. They aren't as dumb as you make them out to be.

I know. If it was, I would de-sexualize all media. Now it seems everyone wears their sexuality like clothing. Like it's their main trait and it gets a bit much, especially when it's degenerate stuff. And latest I've read was that the LOTR tv-series would have sex scenes, and I can only ask why is that needed?
Eh, that's different. I don't like overt PDA or sex scenes in media either, but you should be able to hold hands with your partner in public for example.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
This is a very naive way of looking at these things. I already said what the problem with conservatives was. They aren't as dumb as you make them out to be.

I grew up with a friend whose mother refused to allow him to play Dungeons and Dragons. She had no problem with Big Eyes Small Mouth. I know what these people are like and what motivates them from firsthand experience.

Lacrymas

Arcane

I grew up with a friend whose mother refused to allow him to play Dungeons and Dragons.
Where do you think she got that idea from? No matter who you are, you are not immune to propaganda or falsehoods. Should I remind you of the Night Trap debacle?

Shinros

Learned
Eh, I'm going to regret this.

Personally, as someone who is black I don't give a shit about virtue signalling. Often, the people who do it have no idea what they're talking about. I personally believe if someone works hard they can find success. These very same people who say they "care" then tell me to get in my corner and that black people are too poor to work hard, you need more welfare, you're internally racist. It's projection, all the goddamn time. They've never lived in the violent areas or had to deal with family members getting assualted.

These same companies then plaster BLM everywhere while they kill black cops and destroy business' and homes. Its why I like owlcat, they write characters, skin-tone never comes into it. Also they didn't pander to rioters.

I also do warhammer, I'm the only black guy in the store and that's fine. It's pissing me off that outside forces want to change my hobby. And for some reason twitter thinks orcs and drow are black people. As I said projection, every time.

Self-Ejected

Thac0

Time Mage
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
Eh, I'm going to regret this.

Personally, as someone who is black I don't give a shit about virtue signalling. Often, the people who do it have no idea what they're talking about. I personally believe if someone works hard they can find success. These very same people who say they "care" then tell me to get in my corner and that black people are too poor to work hard, you need more welfare, you're internally racist. It's projection, all the goddamn time. They've never lived in the violent areas or had to deal with family members getting assualted.

These same companies then plaster BLM everywhere while they kill black cops and destroy business' and homes. Its why I like owlcat, they write characters, skin-tone never comes into it. Also they didn't pander to rioters.

I also do warhammer, I'm the only black guy in the store and that's fine. It's pissing me off that outside forces want to change my hobby. And for some reason twitter thinks orcs and drow are black people. As I said projection, every time.

Turns out most black folk are entirely reasonable people and SJWs "defending" them are white teenage girls and soyboys, who are not doing them any favors with their bullshit.
The worst enemy you can have is an incompetent ally.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom