Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate 3 Love thread

Gyor

Savant
the women are way hotter then any other FR CRPG.
What do you mean by that sentence, exactly? Please post some image to illustrate your point.

Just watch the Pax East BG3 stream and early on in the Character creator part they show a female Tiefling that is gorgeous. Plus Shadowheart is cute.

Gyor

Savant
Watc
the women are way hotter then any other FR CRPG.
What do you mean by that sentence, exactly? Please post some image to illustrate your point.

Watch the video then watch videos of various other FR games like NWN2, Baldur's Gate 1&2 ect..., and no I'm not going all the effort of screen capturing to illustrate my point.

Chippy

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
If you liked what Disney did to Star Wars - you will probably like "BG3".

Have fun. :)

...It's Lent, so I'm trying to be nice.

I'm not a Star Wars fan, its wannabe Star Trek and one of the worst most boring Sci Fi setting out there. It stopped being interesting the minute Princess Leia traded in the golden bikini for that white glorified burka. Jabba the Hutt is the true hero of Star Wars, fuck everyone else.

Disney can mutiliate it however they want, they can't make it worse then it was.

So you're basically saying that it doesn't matter how hard Larian try, or what game they produce: BG3 just needs big anime tiddys?. If they called it Baldurs Gate: Tentacle Invasion! I'd be inclined to agree, but I've only seen x2 "women" in the party so far - and even if I successfully manage not to have any sexual contact with a women for the duration of Lent (or my right/left hand) - and even if those two characters had big anime tiddys...after 6 weeks of blue balls...I still wouldn't go there.

Just not feeling the love.
:mixedemotions:

Gyor

Savant
Watching the stream has me crazy excited to try this game in August if things go right.

Incendax

Augur
Honestly I'm going to play pretty much any 5e game that comes out. And any Pathfinder game. I'm a slut for this kind of stuff. An easy slut.

Gyor

Savant
BG without it's main flaw: RTwP combat. This outweighs all the minuses.
Even if this was true, Larian making this would mean it's also Baldur's Gate without any of its strengths.

Your very wrong, this game has interesting characters, gameplay, the best fantasy setting, and more, so it seems it lacks BG1&2s weaknesss, and equals and likely exceeds BG1&2's strengths. That sounds liks a winning combination.

Ontopoly

Disco Hitler
BG without it's main flaw: RTwP combat. This outweighs all the minuses.
Even if this was true, Larian making this would mean it's also Baldur's Gate without any of its strengths.

Your very wrong, this game has interesting characters, gameplay, the best fantasy setting, and more, so it seems it lacks BG1&2s weaknesss, and equals and likely exceeds BG1&2's strengths. That sounds liks a winning combination.
Wow. You played the game when?

Falksi

Arcane
It looks so fucking wank it's incredible.

But looks can be deceptive.

There, I've said something nice about it, now fuck off.

NotSerious

Novice
Patron
RPG Wokedex
Because the BG3 hate thread is bullshit and misplaced when it should be directed at Dark Alliance.

Baldur's Gate 3 is the 3 way love child of the Baldur's Gate series, Divinity Original Sin 2, and gold box game Spelljammer: Pirates of Realmspace, with Neverwinter Nights 2 as an influencial uncle. Its turn based and using the cool 5e rules.

The Companion have even more interesting twists boosting replayablity, Tiefling subraces are in, Half Drow from NWN2 are back, they made mage hand more interesting and they hints at the plots in the game are interesting and the women are way hotter then any other FR CRPG. You can bang all your companions and likely more. The camp mechanic and its fellowers seem promising.

Haters can suck it. This is mostly the FR CRPG of my dreams.

I think BG3 could be decent, but not sure on why Dark Alliance is getting hate. Was pretty fun tbh.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
With evil not being evil anymore and just being misunderstood (squidlivesmatter, demonlivesmatter, etc etc); you will pretty much just end up with a new romance simulator and friendship rallies. Can't be hating monsters and killing them. Its wrong. They deserve special rights above and beyond.

Will WOTC sell another product? Fuck if I know; them and the new rainbow banner.

Last edited:

Gyor

Savant
Because the BG3 hate thread is bullshit and misplaced when it should be directed at Dark Alliance.

Baldur's Gate 3 is the 3 way love child of the Baldur's Gate series, Divinity Original Sin 2, and gold box game Spelljammer: Pirates of Realmspace, with Neverwinter Nights 2 as an influencial uncle. Its turn based and using the cool 5e rules.

The Companion have even more interesting twists boosting replayablity, Tiefling subraces are in, Half Drow from NWN2 are back, they made mage hand more interesting and they hints at the plots in the game are interesting and the women are way hotter then any other FR CRPG. You can bang all your companions and likely more. The camp mechanic and its fellowers seem promising.

Haters can suck it. This is mostly the FR CRPG of my dreams.

I think BG3 could be decent, but not sure on why Dark Alliance is getting hate. Was pretty fun tbh.

Honestly I'm strongly dislike ARPGs, using, D&D settings. Plus watch DAs trailer (for the up coming DA game not BG: DA) , it got slammed hard by folks that actually like, ARPGs. Perhaps I'm to hard on it

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom