Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 Pre-Release Thread [EARLY ACCESS RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Curratum

I'd say the underdark has been completely violated at this point. It was supposed to be this mysterious and esoteric realm but then it became a place just about anyone could visit. After that they made underdark races playable, not even as a separate adventure pack but as standard races, 'cause why the fuck not. And now we have illithids being reduced to generic evil guys.

I'm not even gonna talk about the Paladin llithid. My brain can't even comprehend the level of retardation one needs to come up with something so fucking stupid.

There are playable ilithids in Volo's?

Self-Ejected

Harry Easter

Self-Ejected
And now we have illithids being reduced to generic evil guys

Well...weren't they all along? I mean, they are squidmonsters, that eat your brain and act like a-social a-holes around everyone. Same with Beholders. To be honest, it's kind of nice to see them more in action, in BG2 and IWD2 they were just side encounters. And with their skills of enslaving anyone it's actually nice that they finally step-up to do something. You always need an excuse for D&D games, why even the exotic monsters are there. With Mindflayers you don't even bat an eye, because mind-control. If you have to put in Drow and Beholders in the game (and there will be Beholders and Drow), there are dumber explanations for it.

Last edited:
Codex Year of the Donut
Maybe the illithids are just small part of a bigger army controlled by an evil god or some other BBG
Good chance the illithids are fleeing something really bad. This is further reinforced by them having a nautiloid.
One of the prevailing origin theories for illithids is that they're time travelers. Things that should know about the origins of illithids(e.g., Aboleths, which predate most(possibly all?) deities) simply have no recollection of them ever existing until one day they did.

Mr. Hiver

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Look, the BG games staple is that the overall plot is happening due to Gods. Evil Gods. And thats going to remain true in this installment. Thats the main shtick of BG main plots and what separates the BG games from the rest of DnD. Said so twenty times already although it shouldn't be necessary at all.
Someone gave them or allowed them to rediscover a Nautiloid, and someone is pushing/using them.
Its just a question of who and is it Bhaal all over again, or some other deities, which would be nice.

Of course they wont be the real main enemy/villains.

Mr. Hiver

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
No it wont retard, that has been confirmed multiple times, over and over after each of your idotic brain farts. The Bhaalspawn saga i OVER and it wont be happening again.

Get it thorough your fucking dumb skull.

Mr. Hiver

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Stop calling other people "child" you dumb fucknut shit. It makes you look like some deranged pedo imbecile fat uncle.

The source is Swen, as you have seen already several times, or should have been able to if you were not a complete retard.

Fairfax

Arcane
The same E3 interview, but is very long and rather interesting than others: https://metro.co.uk/2019/07/01/bald...create-the-state-of-the-art-in-rpgs-10094263/
This one manages to be three times longer than the others while being just as useless. Also, I've read a dozen or so of these, and I've yet to see Swen say what he likes about the originals or mention anything he wants to replicate. He always talks about their impact on people in the studio and the genre as a whole. It seems BG is doomed to have false successors led by people who aren't fans of the originals. :M

Last edited:

Mr. Hiver

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
SV: A lot of stuff has happened in Forgotten Realms. A lot of stuff has happened in Baldur's Gate, so this is going to be a new entry.
There will obviously be references to everything that happened in the first and the second, but this is very much its own story.

SV: Yes. It's very much set into Forgotten Realms and where the universe is at now, but it is its own story

Its a direct continuation of descent into Avernus, not of BG2, and although descent has Bhaal involved - DOES NOT HAVE ANY FUCKING BHAALSPAWN, whose story is definitely finished and over.

This game directly follows a new campaign called Baldur’s Gate: Descent Into Avernus, we worked very closely with them on that, and so our story continues right after that.”
Cretin.

The story itself will not be a direct continuation of events from the original game. “The story of the previous Baldur’s Gate was closed – it was actually closed, in a certain sense, in a tapletop campaign called Murder At Baldur’s Gate [where the murder of the original protagnoist triggers the action – ed], so that’s where it really came to its closure,” says Vincke.

I have no fucking idea what you actually read or can you even read, but there is no doubt that shit in your skull only accepts what it likes, and makes you into a laughable defective imbecile when confronted by anything else.
Shut the fuck up you pimpled bloated fart sack.

I have to waste my fucking time searching what you should have seen yourself, you dumb fuck.

Last edited:

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
And now we have illithids being reduced to generic evil guys

Well...weren't they all along? I mean, they are squidmonsters, that eat your brain and act like a-social a-holes around everyone. Same with Beholders. To be honest, it's kind of nice to see them more in action, in BG2 and IWD2 they were just side encounters. And with their skills of enslaving anyone it's actually nice that they finally step-up to do something. You always need an excuse for D&D games, why even the exotic monsters are there. With Mindflayers you don't even bat an eye, because mind-control. If you have to put in Drow and Beholders in the game (and there will be Beholders and Drow), there are dumber explanations for it.

I think this kind of stuff is best kept for specific settings. I'm not saying you can't necessarily have planar or underdark creatures or what have you in your vanilla Tolkienesque Faerun but it should be made to feel like it's a special occurrence, not something that's just commonplace.

vazha

Arcane
I just noticed that the elder brain CR has been reduced from 25 in 3E to 14 in 5E. Coincidence? I think not. I'm now certain we'll be fighting them en masse.
So basically an Oxford debate, but more violent? Sounds fun.

Mr. Hiver

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Two posts ago I MYSELF wrote that the adventure module will be a prequel to the game, and said module is ABOUT BHAAL. You truly are a moron, lacking even basic reading skills.

:lol:

Oy vey, dont just go for a desperate save attempt now and start to pretend this argument was only about a prequel module. Or youre going to edit your own posts again to hide what a dumbfuck you are?

too late:

Not a word is said about the plot/story, and Swen dodges answering whether the game has anyting to do with Bhaal/the Bhaalspawn.
To the contrary - he did.

And to my post saying this is not about Bhaalspawn, you demanded:

Give me a source. If you can't, you are officially dumber than a brick, since a brick at least stays quiet.

It seems you cant stay quiet, you low dumb shit.

and the last one so you cant edit it:

Gee, I Wonder if the plot will somehow revolve around Bhaal/Bhaalspawn.

No it wont, you dumb broken turd.

Suck it. Sssssuuuuuuccccck it down.

I think this kind of stuff is best kept for specific settings. I'm not saying you can't necessarily have planar or underdark creatures or what have you in your vanilla Tolkienesque Faerun but it should be made to feel like it's a special occurrence, not something that's just commonplace.

Once the beans have been spilled you cant keep them being special and a novelty. Besides, every game need some kind of novelty especially ones with so well known settings already turned into cliches and the only creatures interesting enough and supposedly dangerous enough are Illithids, weve been through hordes of every other monster in the setting.

They said the invasion doesnt happen at the start, so there is nothing specifically "common place" about Illithids. Although for above obvious reasons they cant be that mysterious and unknown anymore. We know them already, we know the Gith, we know their history. maybe something else "mysterious" will replace them, as is the way of such settings until they spend all their tricks.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
I just read a little more on them and it is disappointing at best. It seems that it was written by very uneducated person,it feels the same as star trek retardation where they save a population of a whole colony by beaming it in the cargo hold :roll:. It really makes no fucking sense. Splashing grandiose statements like "the biggest empire the multiverse has seen" just show lack of knowledge and imagination. Seeing how big the multiverse is,it implies quite a lot,yet it fell in a day because gith got resistance buff. This is pretty strange since gith are limbo dwellers and their stick was the power of willpower. Sooo their ultra mega evil huge empire was killed by an obscure slave race that most of the prime planes have never even heard about........yeah....no. That is retarded as they come. Planescape torment did a lot better job describing the material than this shit i read. In PST gith just managed to free themself and now are still fighting the MFs and killing them when they see them.
I don't know,is the wiki written by retards or the D&D writers are retards? And if the D&D writers are,why people are still buying that garbage? It feels like they decided to throw logic and proportions out the window and just splash some random big words and numbers.

1. 90% of the Illithids power comes from their psychic abilities. Once you can resist that (and the Gith learned to do that) they turn into cowards, first sending their lackeys to fight, and then running off.
2. The rebellion lasted for generations, it wasn't some small affair.
3. If you want a historical example, the Assyrian Empire collapsed within the span of 20 years (and it lasted for over a 1000 years).
Well even if they are weak,they still have more than enough slaves to fight against the gith. The rebellion lasting a generation sounds reasonable,i have the problem with them saying that it ended in a day which is stupid. I am not arguing that the empire shouldn't have collapsed but at how badly was written.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
No it wont retard, that has been confirmed multiple times, over and over after each of your idotic brain farts. The Bhaalspawn saga i OVER and it wont be happening again.

maxresdefault.jpg

Mr. Hiver

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Once more, for the posterity.

You really are retarded, child. Two posts ago I MYSELF wrote that the adventure module will be a prequel to the game, and said module is ABOUT BHAAL. You truly are a moron, lacking even basic reading skills. Each Baldur's Gate entry is its own story, so Swen is literally stating the obvious. I recommend taking some classes. Maybe a lobotomy.

NOWHERE did I state that Baldur's Gate III will be a direct continuation. You created a strawman argument, and promptly inserted it into your own anus. Congratulations.

I created a strawman that you said it will be a direct continuation? On those exact words? Did I really? Mind quoting me on that? :)
What are you inserting into your anus now? How does it FEEEEEEL? :lol:

lets see it all, again:

I've said it since the very day of the announcement: this is a red herring/first act villain. The game is called Baldur's Gate III, and is developed along a prequel adventure module that has the fucking SYMBOL OF BHAAL on the cover, as well as a comic taking place in Baldur's Gate featuring FUCKING MINSC. Gee, I Wonder if the plot will somehow revolve around Bhaal/Bhaalspawn.

I'll humor you, empty-headed child. Give me a source. If you can't, you are officially dumber than a brick, since a brick at least stays quiet.

Stop calling other people "child" you dumb fucknut shit. It makes you look like some deranged pedo imbecile fat uncle.
The source is Swen, as you have seen already several times, or should have been able to if you were not a complete retard.

So, child, if Swen has said it "several Times" and "over and over" give me the source for that. I'm asking, since there is none, and I know that. Therefore, you are officially dumber than a brick.
Hey Infinitron, could you change this child's monicker to "Idiot Savant"? I think it suits him well.

I've read/watched/listened to about 40 of those interviews. Not a word is said about the plot/story, and Swen dodges answering whether the game has anyting to do with Bhaal/the Bhaalspawn.

"SV: A lot of stuff has happened in Forgotten Realms. A lot of stuff has happened in Baldur's Gate, so this is going to be a new entry.
There will obviously be references to everything that happened in the first and the second, but this is very much its own story.
SV: Yes. It's very much set into Forgotten Realms and where the universe is at now, but it is its own story."

Its a direct continuation of descent into Avernus, not of BG2, and although descent has Bhaal involved - DOES NOT HAVE ANY FUCKING BHAALSPAWN, whose story is definitely finished and over.

"This game directly follows a new campaign called Baldur’s Gate: Descent Into Avernus, we worked very closely with them on that, and so our story continues right after that.”
Cretin.

The story itself will not be a direct continuation of events from the original game. “The story of the previous Baldur’s Gate was closed – it was actually closed, in a certain sense, in a tapletop campaign called Murder At Baldur’s Gate [where the murder of the original protagnoist triggers the action – ed], so that’s where it really came to its closure,” says Vincke.

I have no fucking idea what you actually read or can you even read, but there is no doubt that shit in your skull only accepts what it likes, and makes you into a laughable defective imbecile when confronted by anything else.
Shut the fuck up you pimpled bloated fart sack. I have to waste my fucking time searching what you should have seen yourself, you dumb fuck.

-----

So you not only wont stop talking and be dumber then a brick (such a precise projection that was, uhhh - mmhm) and a laughable deranged cretin that you are, but you will also SSSSUCK THIS and then impale yourself too?

What a spectacle of a retarded disgraceful turd. :lol:

idiot savant tag would be way too kind for you.

Mr. Hiver

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
A single sentence is enough to trigger you into a rant, child. Go get your parents.

:lol: Did you learn that style of avoidance at RPS forums or on reddit imbecile? Who is making strawmans and inserting them into your own asshole, retard? :)

Cant remember your own words or is it just a broken brain of a utter cretin doing its work? Cant understand what "“The story of the previous Baldur’s Gate was closed – it was actually closed, in a certain sense, in a tapletop campaign called Murder At Baldur’s Gate [where the murder of the original protagnoist triggers the action – ed], so that’s where it really came to its closure,” says Vincke." means?

Cant understand what "it wont be the continuation of the original story, means?"

Make yourself even more retarded. Smear your own shit all over yourself. Go full retard.

Neerasrc

Learned
New interview

https://www.rpgsite.net/interview/8...ate-and-partnership-with-wizards-of-the-coast

RPG Site: Is there anything specific about Dungeon's & Dragons 5th Edition that you just think is extra neat when it comes to adapting a video game from it?

Mike Mearls: I think the biggest one is the concept of Advantage. In the 5th edition, a lot of complicating dice factors are combined into this idea of Advantage. If a situation is in your favor, you can roll two dice and take the better of the two outcomes. If it's not, you have to take the worse. Instead of asking players to remember and account for every different possible factor affecting the roll, it instead frames the terms more broadly.

RPG Site: So is this something that's been incorporated into design Baldur's Gate III, this Advantage/Disadvantage system?

Swen Vincke: So we're not talking specific mechanics, but however there were two things that I personally liked about the 5th Edition, one was the idea of Advantage, and the other was that of Inspiration Points. Basically, they are a way for a dungeon master to reward a player for doing something really awesome. Advantage and Disadvantage specifically have very natural lead-ins to a video game.

RPG Site: So if a player gathers Inspiration, how can they use that?

Mike Mearls: Inspiration allows a player to automatically gain Advantage on a roll, so the systems tie together. So a lot of players will use it in risky situations after having gained some from the dungeon master.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
!!!!!!!!!!
Shit man take your pills. Also I think The Bhaalspawn Saga will continue in this game.
Sadly,i do agree with you about the Baal saga. The story was well wrapped up in the expansion and there is no need to be continued. Sadly Swen is shit at writing and using his imagination,after all he is in his old age. So he will end up making that shit about ,uh baal is back and you have to stop him or something similar.

Mr. Hiver

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Bhaal is alive and more or less back in the setting, and he will play some kind of role in the descent into Avernus.
But there is no more Bhaalspawn. No matter what your paranoia and shit for brains friends tell you. That story is over. You have the direct quotes above. Dont be such pathetic retards.

RPG Site: So what's the timescale here then? If Descent covers the time since Baldur's Gate II, how long has it been?

Mike Mearls: It's been about 100 years since Baldur's Gate II.

Move the fuck on.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom