Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 Pre-Release Thread [EARLY ACCESS RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Bhaal is alive and more or less back in the setting, and he will play some kind of role in the descent into Avernus.
But there is no more Bhaalspawn. No matter what your paranoia and shit for brains friends tell you. That story is over. You have the direct quotes above. Dont be such pathetic retards.

RPG Site: So what's the timescale here then? If Descent covers the time since Baldur's Gate II, how long has it been?

Mike Mearls: It's been about 100 years since Baldur's Gate II.

Move the fuck on.
Are you a fucking retard??? Why are you spamming the thread and screaming around that there is no more baal spawn?! Go and take your pills child.

Mr. Hiver

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Im not screaming anything cretin. You are. Im just telling you and other cretin whats what, no need to be so moronically butthurt about it, why does it make you so unhinged?

Are you butthurt about your idol?

New interview

https://www.rpgsite.net/interview/8...ate-and-partnership-with-wizards-of-the-coast

RPG Site: Is there anything specific about Dungeon's & Dragons 5th Edition that you just think is extra neat when it comes to adapting a video game from it?

Mike Mearls: I think the biggest one is the concept of Advantage. In the 5th edition, a lot of complicating dice factors are combined into this idea of Advantage. If a situation is in your favor, you can roll two dice and take the better of the two outcomes. If it's not, you have to take the worse. Instead of asking players to remember and account for every different possible factor affecting the roll, it instead frames the terms more broadly.

>What is the best when it comes to adopting your system to computer game?
>A mechanic that makes rolling dices faster in pnp enviroment, of course!

Jesus. We are seriously fucked. We are fucked beyond belief. I though we were already fucked heavily, but this takes the cake. We don't know anything about the game and we are already getting close to the "fight the Good Fight with your voice". I am speechless. There is no hope. This game is going to put a few people in the asylum.

:despair:

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Im not screaming anything cretin. You are. Im just telling you and other cretin whats what, no need to be so moronically butthurt about it, why does it make you so unhinged?

Are you butthurt about your idol?
I have no fucking idea what you are talking at this point. You are just spouting gibberish and trying to insult people while going on about some idol. You sound like a letter from some cultist in "sinking city". I just finished that shit and this situation feels very surreal. Honestly,take your pills kid.

Mr. Hiver

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
You have the same defect as the retarded shit i was arguing with in talking to your elders as "kids", why is that? You seem to be very alike. Is it genetic?
I asked you a simple question spermoid, why does it make you so unhinged that i say something about Bhaal and Bhaalspawn, when its obvious that was an argument for almost a whole page? Caused by an arrogant shitstain claiming the same thing for half of this thread despite clear evidence against? Whats your exact problem with that and why do you scream about it?

Is it just emotional instability that makes you so easily triggered? Are you not aware of the screeching bullshit most of your posts are?

Efe

Erudite
“A fight is going on inside me,” he said to the boy.

“It is a terrible fight and it is between two trolls. One is retarded–he is anger, envy, sorrow, regret, greed, arrogance, self-pity, guilt, resentment, inferiority, lies, false pride, superiority, and ego.”

He continued, “The other is prosperous– he is joy, peace, love, hope, serenity, humility, kindness, benevolence, empathy, generosity, truth, compassion, and faith. The same fight is going on inside you–and inside every other person, too.”

The lilura thought about it for a minute and then asked his grandfather: “Which troll will win?”

The old codexer simply replied, “The one you feed.”

heres a story to stop you from feeding hiver

Mr. Hiver

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
The last desperate ditch attempt is always to go for emotional ad hominem, and now its supposedly the "rage". Yet you have no rage or even any reaction towards any dumbfuck spamming his idiocy and shitposting all over this thread, which you allow and avoid like some cowardly pathetic cretins who can only manage to stick their heads into the sand. What a pathetic bunch of disgusting losers.

>What is the best when it comes to adopting your system to computer game?
>A mechanic that makes rolling dices faster in pnp enviroment, of course!

Jesus. We are seriously fucked. We are fucked beyond belief. I though we were already fucked heavily, but this takes the cake. We don't know anything about the game and we are already getting close to the "fight the Good Fight with your voice". I am speechless. There is no hope. This game is going to put a few people in the asylum.

:despair:

It doesnt seem that bad.

You need either Inspiration to spend it to get the Advantage or gain advantage through a spell, and to balance that, you can get Disadvantage where you must take the lower roll/result.
So... sometimes you are in advantageous position, sometimes in its opposite. Is that really so bad?

Sometimes a Special ability or spell tells you that you have advantage or disadvantage on an ability check, a saving throw, or an Attack roll. When that happens, you roll a second d20 when you make the roll. Use the higher of the two rolls if you have advantage, and use the lower roll if you have disadvantage. For example, if you have disadvantage and roll a 17 and a 5, you use the 5. If you instead have advantage and roll those numbers, you use the 17.

If multiple situations affect a roll and each one grants advantage or imposes disadvantage on it, you don’t roll more than one additional d20. If two favorable situations grant advantage, for example, you still roll only one additional d20.

If circumstances cause a roll to have both Advantage and Disadvantage, you are considered to have neither of them, and you roll one d20. This is true even if multiple circumstances impose disadvantage and only one grants advantage or vice versa. In such a situation, you have neither advantage nor disadvantage.

When you have advantage or disadvantage and something in the game, such as the halfling’s Lucky trait, lets you reroll The D20, you can reroll only one of the dice. You choose which one. For example, if a Halfling has advantage or disadvantage on an ability check and rolls a 1 and a 13, the Halfling could use the Lucky trait to reroll the 1.

You usually gain advantage or disadvantage through the use of Special Abilities, Actions, or Spells. Inspiration can also give a character advantage. The
GM can also decide that circumstances influence a roll in one direction or the other and grant advantage or impose disadvantage as a result.

Inspiration is a rule the game Master can use to reward you for playing your character in a way that’s true to his or her Personality Traits, ideal, bond, and flaw. By Using Inspiration, you can draw on your personality trait of compassion for the downtrodden to give you an edge in negotiating with the Beggar Prince. Or Inspiration can let you call on your bond to the defense of your home village to push past the effect of a spell that has been laid on you.

If you have Inspiration, you can expend it when you make an Attack roll, saving throw, or ability check. Spending your Inspiration gives you advantage on that roll.

Additionally, if you have Inspiration, you can reward another player for good Roleplaying, clever thinking, or simply doing something exciting in the game. When another player character does something that really contributes to the story in a fun and interesting way, you can give up your Inspiration to give that character Inspiration.

These rules themselves are not bad, although implementation may be but thats a different matter.

Rpguy

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
How are they going to implement the usage of inspiration points before a roll if the game is anything but turn based or RTWP? ( And we know it is not the latter )
I am getting my hopes up for a turn based bg3.

Volrath

Arcane
Patron
All Bhaalspawn are dead, they had to be dead otherwise Bhaal couldn't have resurrected. It's really that simple.

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Don't know if this was posted, but according to this nazi article, Swen said that the camera perspective could "surprise" some players.

https://www.gamestar.de/artikel/baldurs-gate-3-preview-early-access-kamera,3345543.html

Which pretty much confirms that it won't be just classical isometric like BG1 and 2.

Hmm, so as I half joked : DA:O at best or ARPG with companion control. Also suggests not TB, as no real benefit to not having an isometric or top down perspective. Sure you can have games where you do TB with a free floating camera to look at a characters ass, but it's usually a waste of resources and unwieldly to do so.

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
For all the Aerie fans:

963518%20-%20Aerie%20Avariel%20Baldur's_Gate%20Dungeons_and_Dragons%20Forgotten_Realms%20baldur's_gate_2%20rinayun.jpg

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
There is also a guy on the Steam forums claiming he knows people at Larian and that the game will be basically Witcher 3 with a party.

Hahaha....well...if it is, then I'll be able to claim that prediction a hundred pages back. Was thinking it could be like that, or Dragons Dogma.
Jesus the amount of butthurt that will rage on the internet.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
My money is still on a DA:O style third person exploration camera and a free camera during combat.

I'm more interested in the combat system in all honesty.

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Yeah I don't think anyone cares if you walk around third person or sth like that, as long as the combat is NOT popamole-y (eg like Witcher 3). Now THAT would suck balls

Shrimp

Arbiter
Yeah I don't think anyone cares if you walk around third person or sth like that, as long as the combat is NOT popamole-y (eg like Witcher 3). Now THAT would suck balls
I can assure you that no matter what happens, people will find an excuse to get butthurt.

Thonius

Arcane
How are they going to implement the usage of inspiration points before a roll if the game is anything but turn based or RTWP? ( And we know it is not the latter )
I am getting my hopes up for a turn based bg3.
ACHIEVEMENTS! Like steal 1000 spoons. You're AWESOME now you can BUY that flames sword +10 for you ACHIEVEMENTS POINTS
Swen in interviews sounds like people in front of committee/commissions/senate hearing " Mr. Swen you game will be TB or RTWP?" " I do not recall" no point in reading that shit.

Agame

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here
Swen in interviews sounds like people in front of committee/commissions/senate hearing " Mr. Swen you game will be TB or RTWP?" " I do not recall" no point in reading that shit.

This seems odd to me. Honestly aside from the Codex does anyone really care about TB vs RtwP? Its hard to imagine normies getting into the kind of raging arguments over this issue that we see here...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom