Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 Pre-Release Thread [EARLY ACCESS RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

When I said rational I meant rational from the point of customer hoping for quality and wanting the company to cater only to his needs.

Darth Canoli

Arcane
When in doubt, go like these guys:

Just put all genres in a single game.

Nice find, when i was a dumb teenager, i thought about some similar game concept.
A Road Rash / Street Fighter 2 (but with up/down movement as well, there was a game doing that but i can't remember the name) hybrid : when you fall off your bike along with an opponent, you can fight him or you can just stop to kick their asses when you push them off road.

Harthwain

Magister
Friendly reminder that I was outright correct when stating, since day 1 of game announcement, that the Illithid storyline would be a red herring/Chapter 1 plot, and the game would be a direct sequel to the events of the previous games.
Sorry, what? Didn't Vincke said that the story of Baldur’s Gate 3 will not directly continue the events from the previous game, as that story was closed?
“The story of the previous Baldur’s Gate was closed – it was actually closed, in a certain sense, in a tapletop campaign called Murder At Baldur’s Gate [where the murder of the original protagnoist triggers the action – ed], so that’s where it really came to its closure,” says Vincke.
Now, this...:
What he can tell me is that “we are in the city of Baldur’s Gate, we’re in Forgotten Realms and stuff has happened in the world since [D&D’s] 3.5 edition. This game directly follows a new campaign called Baldur’s Gate: Descent Into Avernus, we worked very closely with them on that, and so our story continues right after that.”
...says that Baldur's Gate 3 is a direct continuation to the events of Baldur’s Gate: Descent Into Avernus.

So what you're talking about?

Chippy

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
It's the third chapter to something you all care about. But it's not really related to those games you all care about. And isn't related to the tabletop games and books you all hated. The prequel is a tabletop game that we're not sure if many gamers are going to get. (AFAIK) we haven't bothered to get anyone to write a novel of the module. We arn't going to tell you what kind of gameplay the game has for at least a year. But we are going to do several interviews for a year without really telling you anything at all.

So get psyched for BG3 plebs.

Last edited:

Rinslin Merwind

Erudite
"We are gonna make BG3, handle to us your hype and attention"
Later in Larian headquarters...
"How to make a computer game?" and "What's D&D and BG?" most asked questions in google search engine. Panic slowly lit place on fire.
If anybody at Larian will ask question "whats an RPG" in search engine, codexers will never know details of gameplay and this thread continue until last day of site. Amen.

"We are gonna make BG3, handle to us your hype and attention"
Later in Larian headquarters...
"How to make a computer game?" and "What's D&D and BG?" most asked questions in google search engine. Panic slowly lit place on fire.
If anybody at Larian will ask question "whats an RPG" in search engine, codexers will never know details of gameplay and this thread continue until last day of site. Amen.

To properly decide each Larian employee needs to play every cRPG in existence... At least 7 times.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
To properly decide each Larian employee needs to play every cRPG in existence... At least 7 times.
That would be one hell of an improvement, can you imagine what kind of RPG would come out then when they eventually have to do it? I'm reminded of one quote from a woman who was locked up by her family her whole life - "to create art not out of love or beauty, but of solitude forever you must live and die in a dungeon". I feel like there's a poignant message there if we change up some words to be more appropriate for the situation.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom