Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 Pre-Release Thread [EARLY ACCESS RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Goromorg

Savant
Looks worse than Pillars.
Not RTWP.
Some 3D garbage instead of drawn portraits.
Shitty UI.
Terrible armor design.
Larian writing.
Go to the hell, Swen — you fucked this up.

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
You're a sell out Lilura.

Not really. I've already criticized Larian's announcement (their pathetic PR) more than any other commentator has.

If BG3 turns out to be shit, I'll rip it a new asshole. But if it's not shit, I'm not going to say it is. That's dishonest.

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
You're a sell out for caring more about your blog views, not for jerking off Larian. And there's alot more to criticize them for than pr shit.

PR is all we had to go on for a long time. And they botched it from a veteran PoV. You can only go so far in criticizing someone for something they haven't done yet. About as far I could go was "It's better to think of what can happen rather than what has happened, but make no mistake... [Larian have sucked up to this point]."

ItsChon

Resident Zoomer
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I'll have to see the combat in action to make any determinations, but I think one thing we can all agree on is that it looks like shit.
baldur-s-gate-iii-5e554d8fd5b90.jpg
This image is so fucking cluttered, what in gods name is even going on here? I feel claustrophobic and cramped.
baldur-s-gate-iii-5e554d7ee1ed8.jpg
Again, take a look at this image. I don't know if it's the camera angle or what, but it feels like I'm playing an MMO. Just looking at this image makes me frown. It doesn't look inviting or familiar at all.
baldur-s-gate-iii-5e554d585ecd3.jpg
This looks a little better but it's so zoomed in, and it feels like I'm playing Path of Exile or Diablo with all the shit on the bottom. The UI is absolutely awful.
baldur-s-gate-iii-5e554d7120d56.jpg
Those fucking cock suckers. The aids Bioware chat shit? Why can't we have the old text box? This is decline of the highest order.
baldur-s-gate-iii-5e554d4c83330.jpg
Same thing here. "I don't trust this man - I drew my weapon" holy shit...

I don't know why I'm so butthurt. I expected as much, there was no way this game would be anything close to as good as the original BG was. But for some reason, seeing these screenshots hurt.
:despair:
I need Underrail 2 or Colony Ship ASAP to cope with the decline.

Shadenuat

Arcane
man it really looks like some dao/nwn2 ported to dos2

the dialogue style is awful garbage.

but it is tb with party and that's promising.

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
Divinity: Original Sin Divinity: Original Sin 2
The characters in the screenshots... they're airbrushed model cosplayers masquerading as gritty adventurers.
Oh well...

Only idiots wanted BG3 to be RTwP. Turn-based was, is now and will always be King.

nice story faggot.

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
One combat encounter designer, one systems coder, one musician, 10 artists, 20 narrative designers and 200 voice actors.

Ontopoly

Disco Hitler
Okay guys. I've calmed down a bit. I've now realised that with wrath of the rightous and the old BG games I will be able to distract myself from ever having anything to do with this absolute dog shit. What phase is acceptance again?

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom