Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 Pre-Release Thread [EARLY ACCESS RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Harthwain

Magister
e387edb064826f5f39a7afd518523f42.jpg

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
The only real similarity to nuXCOM is the initiative system/ team turns.
Other than that you can theoretically do the following with a character during a turn: run-do an action-run-do a bonus action-run a bit more
This is absolutely not comparable to the 2AP system where you can only run-do something.
It's absolutely comparable by being confined to artificially convoluted non-uniform and more restrictive action system, while far simpler and elastic systems were being implemented for years now.
There are no TUs or APs in AD&D and there have never been. You can say you don't like DnD, that's fine. But I think that you are just not willing to admit that you exaggerated and you are defending something that makes no sense
Stop strawmanning. DnD is P&P, and should you actually care to read what I wrote, (most) P&P systems prioritize being fluent in gameplay and that's OK, because GM's reasoning will (and should) always outrule any system when situation calls for it. We are talking cRPG which lack that, but have lots of computing power. I don't care about retards trying to say I don't like D&D in general because they lack actual arguments, but you seemed to be reasonable.
If you're not interested in a crpg based on a tabletop rpg because of the inherent limitations of a game system designed to be manageable without a computer, why do you even care about BG3? It is clearly not the game for you.

Elex

Arbiter
The only real similarity to nuXCOM is the initiative system/ team turns.
Other than that you can theoretically do the following with a character during a turn: run-do an action-run-do a bonus action-run a bit more
This is absolutely not comparable to the 2AP system where you can only run-do something.
It's absolutely comparable by being confined to artificially convoluted non-uniform and more restrictive action system, while far simpler and elastic systems were being implemented for years now.
There are no TUs or APs in AD&D and there have never been. You can say you don't like DnD, that's fine. But I think that you are just not willing to admit that you exaggerated and you are defending something that makes no sense
Stop strawmanning. DnD is P&P, and should you actually care to read what I wrote, (most) P&P systems prioritize being fluent in gameplay and that's OK, because GM's reasoning will (and should) always outrule any system when situation calls for it. We are talking cRPG which lack that, but have lots of computing power. I don't care about retards trying to say I don't like D&D in general because they lack actual arguments, but you seemed to be reasonable.
If you're not interested in a crpg based on a tabletop rpg because of the inherent limitations of a game system designed to be manageable without a computer, why do you even care about BG3? It is clearly not the game for you.
Because there is a % of people that think to be D&D fans and they think the games should be made for them(while at the same time declaring they don’t buy their product), instead wotc is focussing on the actual fans of D&D and attract new people in the hobby.

I kinda didn't like the opening cinematic. It betrays a lack of subtlety and ability to hold themselves back.
Me, I never thought a battle between dragons and a mindflayer ship could look so boring. I think it's the music, where it should be epic and make me want to play it just puts me to sleep.

Ontopoly

Disco Hitler
Sometimes it just seems like you people are just looking for a reason to be angry. Like you start at hate then find reasons to justify it instead of being like a rational person and hating it because of the reasons. A dragon battle made you fall asleep? Really? That trailer opening literally took a dedicated team 7 months to make. I think a team of professionals know what makes an opening a little better than you people do.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
I kinda didn't like the opening cinematic. It betrays a lack of subtlety and ability to hold themselves back.
Me, I never thought a battle between dragons and a mindflayer ship could look so boring. I think it's the music, where it should be epic and make me want to play it just puts me to sleep.

Where everything is fantastic nothing is. The problem with modern "fantasy".

DraQ

Arcane
Yes, pretending 5e implementation and TB are enough to guarantee a good game is like going to buy a car and only caring about the motor while the rest of the car is made of rusty iron, aluminum wires and duct tape. Theoretically, it could still work but at some point you start questioning if dealing with all that bullshit to enjoy the good parts is really worthy of your time.
Any car with a motor beats one with Flinstones style propulsion.
:swen:

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
Divinity: Original Sin Divinity: Original Sin 2
I think a team of professionals know what makes an opening a little better than you people do.

The intro should've stopped after the last tadpole was inserted.
What happened after is the correspondent of "purple prose" in visual form. It's exorbitant shit that is congruent with the philosophy ,

That kind of action packed scenes are best used during the climax of the game, where the player is emotionally invested, knows the background, knows at what the fuck he's looking at etc.

But you are right. The professionals know what the unwashed uncultured masses want - quick gratification via bombastic visuals galore.
They want the hot chick to slurply suck their dick on the first date, even before the first meal course.

Below we have another team of professionals that know what would make Larian a little better on the revenue front.

Mud'

Scholar

So i guess that Jump does exist in D&D 5e but you need to plan your character to have it.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Because there is a % of people that think to be D&D fans and they think the games should be made for them(while at the same time declaring they don’t buy their product), instead wotc is focussing on the actual fans of D&D and attract new people in the hobby.
Yeah keep lowering the bar, like a true fan.
After 200 pages of lowering the bar,i am surprised that they still having one.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Yeah keep lowering the bar, like a true fan.
After 200 pages of lowering the bar,i am surprised that they still having one.
It's not a bar, it's one of those immovable rods

Elex

Arbiter
Well 48h before the reddit ama.

I just hope people will not ask about coronavirus.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Retarded animu shit. There's no such thing as jumping to avoid an attack unless it's a cartoon. Tumbling was already far fetched enough as it is.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
I will ask if they will limit the summons to only one or if necromancy will be great like BG1/BG2 and PF:KM...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom