Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 Pre-Release Thread [EARLY ACCESS RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

BarbequeMasta

Learned

Murk

Arcane
Degenerates everywhere
Current year, comrade. Current year.

These types have been around far longer than $CurrentYear; Bioware's romance since BG2 have always had these types -- and you only need to look at how popular mary sue/waifu character mods are for BG2.
Yeah but no one cares about a few mods, now that crap is usually in the base game....

It was already in the base game in BG2, and it being in the basegame is what influenced the mod growth of it.

Even now when you go to the steam page of various cRPGs, you'll see a plethora of degenerates screaming for romances.

BarbequeMasta

Learned

Thunar

Educated
Yeah but no one cares about a few mods, now that crap is usually in the base game....
Fun fact: BG2 is literally the only BioWare game that attempts to cuckold the player.

Haer'Dalis and Aerie will start dating each other if the male protagonist hasn't proceeded deep in Aerie's romance route. Haer'Dalis' interference can lead to a love triangle.

Anyone who willingly takes Haer Dalis and invests himself in BG2 romance deserves getting cucked.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Weird how TB purists don't like games where they constantly engage in TB combat. Too much of a good thing, perhaps? It's almost as if they want fluid and efficient combat, with the ability to take their time at any given moment to engage in tactical minutiae. Hopefully a developer will devise a solution some day in the near future.

No one likes trash mobs in any format, but if they’re there TB is usually not the fastest way to bypass

I prefer less trash fights, of course. But in case of P:K I never felt that Turn Based is slower or worse then RTwP - even for those trash fights.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Fun fact: BG2 is literally the only BioWare game that attempts to cuckold the player.

Haer'Dalis and Aerie will start dating each other if the male protagonist hasn't proceeded deep in Aerie's romance route. Haer'Dalis' interference can lead to a love triangle.

Anyone who willingly takes Haer Dalis and invests himself in BG2 romance deserves getting cucked.
Also you could always kill the little faggot lol.

Murk

Arcane

Tangentially, don't forget Keldorn's intended end for his side-quest too.

Not only does he get cucked, but you also lose the character as a result if you go through the "good" cuck ending where he sucks up to his wife.

Layers of cuckoldry.

Not sure if Gaider's fault but probably. Also, I didn't realize he came out as gay. Maybe that's why Warden wouldn't stop harassing him here, some weird tsundere love/hate relationship they had.

The_Mask

Just like Yves, I chase tales.
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Haer'Dalis is CN, meaning working best for a Chaotic or Neutral Charname/party composition, meaning if you strictly roleplay the axis, you should be in a romance with Jaheira. Also, the dialogue(s) Jaheira has with Haer'Dalis are much more telling about his... touch-and-go approach to relationships.

Also... Haer'Dalis is *never* a bad choice. Not only he has access to thief-only high level traps, he also can equip any item, and can easily switch between tornado of death, and tank.

You really want a bad choice, look no further than Nalia. That's a bad choice. lol

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture

Also you could should always kill the little faggot lol.
:salute:

Thunar

Educated
You really want a bad choice, look no further than Nalia. That's a bad choice. lol
FOR THE NEEEEDYYYY.
Seriously though, she's pretty good. If you're not a caster and want to have a good aligned party, she's top tier. But yeah, if you are doing an evil playthrough, you've got much better choices.
Plus, the keep quest was a lot of fun when low level, finding ways to cheese that boss fight was peak BG2.

The_Mask

Just like Yves, I chase tales.
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Seriously though, she's pretty good. If you're not a caster and want to have a good aligned party, she's top tier. But yeah, if you are doing an evil playthrough, you've got much better choices.
Plus, the keep quest was a lot of fun when low level, finding ways to cheese that boss fight was peak BG2.
To me, she's always been subpar. 17 INT, so you need to Lum her up to 18. No WIS to speak of, so you need to pot to Wish. Thank the heavens she has decent DEX, or otherwise she'd be straight abysmal.

Not to mention she has a ring slot committed, which is the number 1 sin to have among arcane casters.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
It also goes against the spirit of D&D. Most encounters should be meaningful and in some way contribute to the story.

I've read Gygax-penned campaigns, they're full of combat, a lot of it there just to be there/decrease your resources. This whole sparse-but-difficult-combat business is some storyteller-derived business, not grognardy at all.

Attempts but doesn't succeed. Aerie realizes on her own that he's no good for her. If you agree to his duel over her, she dumps you both, if you tell him you're not fighting, she chooses you.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
It also goes against the spirit of D&D. Most encounters should be meaningful and in some way contribute to the story.

I've read Gygax-penned campaigns, they're full of combat, a lot of it there just to be there/decrease your resources. This whole sparse-but-difficult-combat business is some storyteller-derived business, not grognardy at all.

Attempts but doesn't succeed. Aerie realizes on her own that he's no good for her. If you agree to his duel over her, she dumps you both, if you tell him you're not fighting, she chooses you.
Wait, I remember that, if you agree to the duel, she dumps you and runs away with him. Am I becoming senile?

Buried beneath feature bloat there is a fairly decent spiritual successor to Neverwinter Nights. But once you take into account that Owlcat had a gigantic boulder of work taken off their shoulders (imported ruleset, premade campaign) and they *still* managed to fuck it up, I ultimately regard PKM as a failure.
NWN? Did you play pathfinder?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom