Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 Pre-Release Thread [EARLY ACCESS RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Kingmaker was able to capture the feel for whatever reason

Not really. Kingmaker's game feel is about as far from IE as PoE was, just in other ways.
I agree. For me the main culprit was the amount of magical items you get. Insane stuff. At about mid-game I felt like every barrel had a +2 weapon.
What BG did well (for me) is how it made the player feel successful when he'd get a good weapon or armor or spell or ability etc
In P:K you are flooded with everything.

That along with the kingdom management and the bland copy-pasted areas are what made the game mediocre for me. Fun combat though most of the time (when you are not fighting the typical filler mobs)
I agree with this. The game has way too crazy magic item loot. Since the new game will have built in modding maybe someone will make a classic stern DM version of the game and re-balance the entire thing with an old school feel. Maybe I will do it, although to do that kind of balance for the entire game would mean changing every encounter etc too..it would be a full time job almost. Would need pay-pal donations. perhaps coronavirus will lead me in this direction. lol

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Reminder: https://steamcommunity.com/games/1086940/announcements/detail/1692729524354679495

Baldur's Gate 3 Reddit AMA

Baldur's Gate 3 was a secret for a long while, and we were super excited to finally show it to you at PAX East. We're sure you have loads of questions, and since we're about to embark on an epic adventure together into Early Access, what better time than to sit down and talk with you guys, our party!

Early Access will be a constantly evolving development, and we're happy to have you there for the journey. Every party needs to sit down, camp, and chat. So, let's talk!

Here're all the members of the party:
  • Larian_Swen (Founder & Creative Director)
  • Larian_David (Producer)
  • Larian_NickP (Lead Systems Designer)
  • Larian_Adam (Senior Writer)
  • Larian_Jan (Writing Director)
You can meet them and talk with them at:
https://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
ojloYRi.png

"All around me are familiar faces..."

Riddler

Arcane
Patron
Bubbles In Memoria
Yeah but no one cares about a few mods, now that crap is usually in the base game....
Fun fact: BG2 is literally the only BioWare game that attempts to cuckold the player.

Haer'Dalis and Aerie will start dating each other if the male protagonist hasn't proceeded deep in Aerie's romance route. Haer'Dalis' interference can lead to a love triangle.

Tangentially, don't forget Keldorn's intended end for his side-quest too.

Not only does he get cucked, but you also lose the character as a result if you go through the "good" cuck ending where he sucks up to his wife.

Layers of cuckoldry.

Not sure if Gaider's fault but probably. Also, I didn't realize he came out as gay. Maybe that's why Warden wouldn't stop harassing him here, some weird tsundere love/hate relationship they had.

I might be misremembering but wasn't it explicitly spelled out that he didn't have sex with her?

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
You really want a bad choice, look no further than Nalia. That's a bad choice. lol

Nalia's the best. Shut the fuck up bitch.
Yeah,you could end up with a whole keep to store your millions of gold coins. In time i would have hired an army and made myself an empire :obviously:. The proper way to live in your old year is at the head of a massive army!

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Wait, I remember that, if you agree to the duel, she dumps you and runs away with him. Am I becoming senile?

That wouldn't make sense, she objects to being a prize with no say.

Fucking Aerie stealing my tiefling husbando. :argh:

Lukas Kristjanson is to blame for the lack of Haer'Dalis and Valygar romances. Kristjanson was supposed to write all the gals and Gaider was supposed to write all the guys, but Lukas got tangled up with an overscoped, buggy Jaheira and Gaider ended up inheriting Aerie and Viconia and neglecting the other two for lack of time.

Daidre

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Lukas Kristjanson is to blame for the lack of Haer'Dalis and Valygar romances. Kristjanson was supposed to write all the gals and Gaider was supposed to write all the guys, but Lukas got tangled up with an overscoped, buggy Jaheira and Gaider ended up inheriting Aerie and Viconia and neglecting the other two for lack of time.

Hmm, so irresistible Viconia that many, many boys around here have a hard on for was actually written by a gay man?
:philosoraptor:

Gargaune

Magister
So, is anyone else disappointed this isn't RTwP? I don't think anyone's discussed RTwP vs. TB in this thread.

Seriously now, those of you excited at this BG3 reveal, are you excited about anything other than TB 5E? I'd made my peace with it being TB (Larian, WotC, fucking Stadia, of course it was going to be TB) and I was still potentially interested as long as it gave off Baldur's Gate vibes, but I didn't get any out of that presentation. UI, dialog, perspective, team initiative, no alignment, all minor things on their own but they add up. I don't hate what I'm seeing, but it's not doing anything for me either.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Hmm, so irresistible Viconia that many, many boys around here have a hard on for was actually written by a gay man?

He also role-played as her on the forums one time.

Gaider is the "seduces straight guys through female npcs" type DM. :)
Fuck, I remember a Viconia on the TTLG forums, but I don't remember on Bioware forums. How long did he keep it going?

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2

He also role-played as her on the forums one time.

Gaider is the "seduces straight guys through female npcs" type DM. :)
Fuck, I remember a Viconia on the TTLG forums, but I don't remember on Bioware forums. How long did he keep it going?

Were you sending ERP DMs to Gaider? :lol:

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
Wait, I remember that, if you agree to the duel, she dumps you and runs away with him. Am I becoming senile?

That wouldn't make sense, she objects to being a prize with no say.
But afaik (I never romanced her), that's exactly what happens. You agree to a duel with Haer'Dalis and she says she doesn't want to be with a person who would agree to something like this, so she runs off with him.

Seriously now, those of you excited at this BG3 reveal, are you excited about anything other than TB 5E?
Yes, we named at least like 7 other aspects apart from it only being 5E TB (as if that's a small thing).

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom