Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 Pre-Release Thread [EARLY ACCESS RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

tripedal

Augur
The low max level is clearly so they can sell you a high level expansion (or two) later.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Game start with fukken dragon chasing last fukken ilitid ship and you claim 10 lvl is ok cuz it muh grounded adventure lmao... Cope.
Every good game starts with low epicness then moving to something bigger. Larian being retardo Larian as usual starts with interdimensional war. Cringe.
We don't know yet how the beginning of the game will unravel. Yes, the intro video is quite high on the "epic scale", but so was the beginning of BG1: you met the most powerful human being on the entire planet within the first ten minutes of gameplay.
You can still have a fairly low-epic adventure even if your premises are exaggerated: The Lord of the Rings starts with the premise "Yeah, we have this ring and the most powerful demigod on earth wants it to rule the world", but the beginning of the adventure is all but epic.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I fully expect it to copy BG1's structure closely. And that's not a bad thing. I just don't know why Belgian developers use miles, nobody outside of Kwanzania understands what that means without looking it up.
They're using the official measurement system of the people who walked on the moon.
The joke is that computer systems used during the moon landing actually used the metric system, right?
NASA adopted the metric system partially in 1990 and fully in 2007; before that, Imperial measurements only. :obviously:
This argument is really old and stupid if someone is seriously raising it, but just for the sake of truth, the Apollo mission used SI units.
https://ukma.org.uk/why-metric/myths/metric-internationally/the-moon-landings/

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
I fully expect it to copy BG1's structure closely. And that's not a bad thing. I just don't know why Belgian developers use miles, nobody outside of Kwanzania understands what that means without looking it up.
They're using the official measurement system of the people who walked on the moon.
The joke is that computer systems used during the moon landing actually used the metric system, right?
NASA adopted the metric system partially in 1990 and fully in 2007; before that, Imperial measurements only. :obviously:
This argument is really old and stupid if someone is seriously raising it, but just for the sake of truth, the Apollo mission used SI units.
But how can they use metrics for the moon landing when the moon landing never happened?!
14COhR2_d.jpg

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
But how can they use metrics for the moon landing when the moon landing never happened?!
They used the metric system to film the landing in a movie studio, obviously :smug:

DraQ

Arcane

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
So, is this game out yet?
Apparently it's on the moon
At this point in time the game only exists in Swen's mind and my nightmares.
Are you saying that with a little bit of luck coronachan could save us the pain of playing this shit?!
With the power of God and Anime, I grant you the ability of not playing this game

DraQ

Arcane
Are you saying that with a little bit of luck coronachan could save us the pain of playing this shit?!
Hopefully it does - but only those who can't really shut the fuck up about their butthurt regarding Larian, TB or whatever.
With the power of God and Anime, I grant you the ability of not playing this game

Good point.
NJClaw Could you grant him some corona to shut the fuck up too?

It wasn't enough that they sounded like mentally challenged kids, now local BG fans are wishing deathly illness on Swen and Larian employees, because they dared to make a series entry different from their expectations/nostalgia.

Glad Larian showed middle finger to all of them. Bunch of edgy, nostalgia blinded, old farts who love a brain-dead combat system is not a fanbase one should bother pulling.

Finished Divinity OS 2 yesterday and honestly it's not that bad. The combat system manages to be fun despite bad design decisions and the level of interactivity, although exaggerated too much, helps to keep things fresh. BG3 seems to fix combat design and tone down the silly amount of elemental effects. Sure we expect a boring story and probably some blunders in loot design or whatnot but it looks like an overall step up for Larian from what we've seen so far.

RPG mechanics still look quite casual though :cry:

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
I wouldn't really call it a deadly illness unless you are one foot into the grave already, but yeah, wishing whatever ill on objective incline is not good optics.

vortex

Fabulous Optimist
I need a team of professional dreamers like in the movie Inception.
Swen likes to travel with plane. We'll board it, inject dream fluid in him while he's asleep and plant the idea to cancel BG3 and make new with RTwP combat.
It's gonna be difficult.

Ontopoly

Disco Hitler
How the fuck did you get this from what I was saying? I don't support the corona disease. I am anti-carona.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom