Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 Pre-Release Thread [EARLY ACCESS RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Elex

Arbiter
I really don't think that they will make BG4, Swen already said times that they don't want to become a Forgotten Realms studio, the game after Bg3 will be a Divinity title
They want to become a spelljammer studio!
I think that the trailer was clear.

Dodo1610

Arcane
I am not so sure, the first Bg3 video makes it seem like it was WOTC idea to have mind flayers in BG3.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine

LOL. Imagine a spelljammer themed expansion for BG3. That would be epic. There is only one spelljammer themed game and it is fl76 level of buggyness.

But Vincke is right. Become too dependent on a third party IP is not reliable. I believe that other companies who are adapting TT games like CD Projekt red fells the same way.

PS : BG1 is a low level game, but at least doesn't start with mindflayer spelljammer ship fighting dragon riders.

PS2 : We need more adventures outside of sword coast. Imagine how cool a adventure about escaping Carceri and eventually being involved into demons VS devils conflicts or something similar. I an glad that we got a little of Feyworld on kingmaker and will get some of Abyss on WoTR.

TemplarGR

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Bethestard
If they're clever they are gonna license their engine for exactly that sort of thing though…

Icewind Dale III, make it happen! :grpg:

Yeah, just licence the engine and DnD rights to Sawyer and that would be a dream come true. Sadly, like Bethesda, they wil never do it, cause it will make their trash look bad in comparison. Imagine if Icewind Dale 3 overshadows DOS 1/2 and BG3, Swen couldn't handle it.

Robber Baron

Savant
Swen couldn't handle it.

how-will-swen-ever-recover.gif

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
If they're clever they are gonna license their engine for exactly that sort of thing though…

Icewind Dale III, make it happen! :grpg:

Yeah, just licence the engine and DnD rights to Sawyer and that would be a dream come true. Sadly, like Bethesda, they wil never do it, cause it will make their trash look bad in comparison. Imagine if Icewind Dale 3 overshadows DOS 1/2 and BG3, Swen couldn't handle it.

Imagine icewind dale 3 made in cryengine... With M$ investing a lot of money expecting to outclass P$5 exclusives...

Sadly, they will focus too much on "wide audience" and "balance" and the game will be a trash.

Shrimp

Arbiter
Didn't Larian hand over their previous iteration of the Divinity engine to some studio that was making an XCOM clone?

Elex

Arbiter

LOL. Imagine a spelljammer themed expansion for BG3. That would be epic. There is only one spelljammer themed game and it is fl76 level of buggyness.

But Vincke is right. Become too dependent on a third party IP is not reliable. I believe that other companies who are adapting TT games like CD Projekt red fells the same way.

PS : BG1 is a low level game, but at least doesn't start with mindflayer spelljammer ship fighting dragon riders.

PS2 : We need more adventures outside of sword coast. Imagine how cool a adventure about escaping Carceri and eventually being involved into demons VS devils conflicts or something similar. I an glad that we got a little of Feyworld on kingmaker and will get some of Abyss on WoTR.
Well the thing with wotc is: if they bring money they get freedom.

is true for the magic the gathering D&D setting books, for acquisition incorporate book , for critical role book, for stranger things etc...

if BG3 is succesful wotc will allow them of select the IP they want and maybe even making a larian D&D book.

Harthwain

Magister
It’s not hate if it’s true.
What is truth? All I see here are some retards who call others retards. Not much of an argument can be had with something like that. And who are those "larian retards"? Everybody who said something positive about BG3 after the last gameplay reveal? I have to admit I was surprised at how warm the reception was here, considering previous gameplay impressions. I will give him this much: at the very least he is brave enough to voice is opinion, quality of said opinion aside.

It sounds like you are in the wrong place. -> click
*sigh* If you want to hit somebody at least try to hit where it hurts. I don't even know what that is. How is that relevant?

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
What is truth? All I see here are some retards who call others retards. Not much of an argument can be had with something like that. And who are those "larian retards"? Everybody who said something positive about BG3 after the last gameplay reveal? I have to admit I was surprised at how warm the reception was here, considering previous gameplay impressions. I will give him this much: at the very least he is brave enough to voice is opinion, quality of said opinion aside.

The most funny thing is that here I an called Larian cultist by Larian haters and Larian hater by larian cultists like Swen. When BG3 was announced, i was thinking that it would be a Sword Coast Legends clone, mainly after some Vincke comments about missing, leveling and spell slots. After the first gameplay video, i become more neutral and now have positive expectations. The unique thing that i really wish to see more on the lives is more spells and items which can explore the map verticality. Low level guys fighting underdar/mindflayer can be gimmicky but i need to wait for more information before i judge(lets be real, i posted a video soloing 2 dragons as a lv14 sorc on NWN1).

I really wish to see more spells on the stream. See a caster casting fly for eg(not sure if will be in game), see a warlock using Repelling Blast in the enemy and the enemy taking fall damage. But even something which is boring in 99% of RPGs like Goblin village was cool in BG3.

Also really wish that the early access was earlier. Is not as if i have better things to do. I mean, Gyms, Shopping malls, theaters, nightclubs (...) are closed.

Saravan

Savant

The most funny thing is that here I an called Larian cultist by Larian haters and Larian hater by larian cultists like Swen.

There are no Larian "cultists". Swen is obviously a troll account. Swear to god sometimes the autism here is too much.

DraQ

Arcane
D:OS2 is casual-friendly, true. But it also has enough stuff for the players who are actually interested in the game.

Baldur's Gate was also 'casual-friendly' (keeping in mind that players back then were much more hardcore than now), it had pretty graphics, beautifully designed areas and you could certainly make things go boom and don't give two cents about story.
And Fallout was also casual friendly.

You could just chew bubblegum and admire bloody crits in it and many players did at the time.

Self-Ejected

Thac0

Time Mage
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
This thread has a fun lifecycle. Whenever actual news are shown those that played BG 1+2 come out to discuss it and are generally optimistic, and when the days pass without news the band wagon riders that are just here to bitch and moan about modern video games hijack the thread again. But you are not the same without Ontopoly. His hot take are entertaining, yours are just shallow.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom