Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 Pre-Release Thread [EARLY ACCESS RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Yosharian

Arcane
Here how it goes in gaming from high priority to low: GPU RAM HDD CPU. Having old i7 or i5 ( not counting U) is enough to run anything today, check while you play some BF, usually CPU never goes to 80% usage or more.
I think I'd place a good SSD above RAM, you can get fairly decent gaming performance out of cheap RAM, an SSD dramatically improves the gaming experience IMO

Ontopoly

Disco Hitler
I had bread in America once and it's sweet as fuck. So much sweeter than necessary. It's not an issue with yeast or the bread-making process. Some people just like to add more sugar than necessary. Where I'm from, there is sugar in bread, but it's not some unbearable amount. Also, don't eat white bread.

Prime Junta

Bread isn't that great nutritionally and a lot of people tend to have way too much of it.

Depends on the bread. Whole-grain bread without too much salt in it is quite good for you. Plenty of fibre, minerals, and slow carbs. Some grains like rye also have significant health benefits in their own right.

Vatnik Wumao
Bread isn't that great nutritionally and a lot of people tend to have way too much of it.

Depends on the bread. Whole-grain bread without too much salt in it is quite good for you. Plenty of fibre, minerals, and slow carbs. Some grains like rye also have significant health benefits in their own right.
My anti-bread stance is mostly in regards to the stupid habit that a lot of (South-)Eastern Europeans have of adding bread to every meal, including things like pasta or a meaty main course which already has a sidedish of veggies to balance things out.

If I'd have to wager, it is probably the cultural result of malnourished people eating lots of (cheap white) bread as a sort of hunger adjustment once they ran out of other food to eat for the day, but it grinds my gears everytime I witness it.

deuxhero

Arcane
Also, don't eat white bread.
Fixed that for you.
What?

American flour (and thus bread) has been doped enriched since the 1940s.
Sugar is a drug.

Artificial sweeteners turn out to be worse.

Made the break to unsweet tea last year. :kingcomrade:

Quick background - I haven't eaten any pastries for the last 10 years or so.

Recently I bought a loaf of bread, and God damn these things are stuffed with sugar. When someone eats bread and other pastries regularly one doesn't tend to notice, but to someone like me all I could taste was the sugar inside.

Look at the amount of sugar and learn to bake. Unless you're buying junk food, the sugar is there to feed the yeast and mostly consumed in the process.

Ulysa

Scholar
On that matter, what's a decent medium-high tier CPU that's worth upgrading into? My processor is a 7 year old i5-4670, GPU is a GTX 1060 (6GB).

The Ryzen 3600 (6 Cores, 12 Threads) seems currently the CPU to go to (best performance/price), there are a lot of comparisons on Youtube between old i5s and CPUs of all kind to check whether it's worth your while. However, new Ryzen are just around the corner, plus nobody knows how well BG3 really runs yet.

Upgrading my PC is something I will have to do regardless of how well BG3 is optimized. I have 8 GB of RAM, ffs. Either way, thanks for the tip.
I'm fine so far with 8gb, no problems at all, even with demanding shits like RDR2. I read a few games even today really need 16gb, I will eventually upgrade but I'm too lazy and definitely not doing it for BG3.

Codex Year of the Donut
It's true, most online forums aren't as chill and welcoming as the Codex.
Oh, lad....
This is the first thing you read upon going to RPGnet's forum.
k6P1Foi.png

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom