Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 Pre-Release Thread [EARLY ACCESS RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
LoL So larian fucked up that much that they had to change the D&D lore for it :) . Oh well,at least it will be TB,thus the best BG games clearly
How many times have we been over it - companies who hold IPs laugh at their fanbase who take lore seriously. The evidence is everywhere around you.
That we all know :), i am just laughing with them at the dumb people expecting incline from that shit :lol:.
nd7bYUF.png

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
So, turns out, all that premise and the fancy intro was to solely justify anime superpowers in a D&D enviroment? What a fucking shame.
you mean like making them children of the god of murder and letting them transform into a killing machine?
One makes sense in lore, the other does not. :M
You're right, Larian actually got approval from WotC while Bioware just said "lol whatever it's god shit who cares"

jackofshadows

Magister
you mean like making them children of the god of murder and letting them transform into a killing machine?
Yeah, yeah, what an irony. Look, I'm not a FR lorefag so doesn't care much about that aspect but it would be really cool if they at least tried to maintain intrigue about it. So potential fans across the world would have continued to lose their shit about it, screech and on and on, instead WotC just basically said "Relax, guys, it's totally ok to have a fucking maggot inside your brain. Furthermore, it can be really cool!". And I don't wanna talk about more dark, exciting and dangerous story implications which were possible before the reveal because again, don't care much about it.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Codex Year of the Donut
too bad larian went the tadpole route instead of choosing flumph
We can't have nice things.

Since D&D 5 Monster Manual reintroduced flumphs, I think we can reasonably expect at least a quick encounter in BG3.
What is flumphs ?
High IQ jellyfishes.
:backawayslowly:

Sooooo,does D&D have toiletpaper wizards yet?
https://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/Copromancer_(5e_Class)

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron

Since D&D 5 Monster Manual reintroduced flumphs, I think we can reasonably expect at least a quick encounter in BG3.
What is flumphs ?
Flumphs are a bizarre oddity introduced in the 1981 Fiend Folio, the same source that originated githyanki and githzerai. Although flumphs were excluded from the AD&D 2nd edition Monstrous Compendium in 1989 (and its replacement Monstrous Manual in 1993), they made a re-appearance with the 1995 Monstrous Compendium Annual Volume Two, complete with new artwork:
DD%20MC%20Annual2%20Flumph.png

isy4wc.jpg

8c47nr.jpg

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron

In the unlikely event of BG3 including flumphs, we have an avatar prepared:
DD%20MC%20Annual2%20Flumph.png
It's LARIAN we are talking about. They put talking wells, lonely trolls in need of affection and exploding skulls deeply in love with an hostage in their "first big game". They won't miss the opportunity of fucking around with flumphs.

The real question is (quoting fantadomat): will we be able to romance them?

DraQ

Arcane
...And that's why I laugh at "MUH DnD LORE!" people.

It's LARIAN we are talking about. They put talking wells, lonely trolls in need of affection and exploding skulls deeply in love with an hostage in their "first big game".
It's quite amusing how the sentence would still make sense if we replaced "LARIAN" with :mca: (even though he didn't do any of those specific things).

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath

It's LARIAN we are talking about. They put talking wells, lonely trolls in need of affection and exploding skulls deeply in love with an hostage in their "first big game".
It's quite amusing how the sentence would still make sense if we replaced "LARIAN" with :mca: (even though he didn't do any of those specific things).
Pretty much. The only difference is that if MCA wrote these, the Codex would hail it as a new masterpiece.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron

Pretty much. The only difference is that if MCA wrote these, the Codex would hail it as a new masterpiece.
I didn't know we regarded Tides of Numenera as a masterpiece.

On the Codex you learn something new everyday.

Zeriel

Arcane
So, turns out, all that premise and the fancy intro was to solely justify anime superpowers in a D&D enviroment? What a fucking shame.

You have to admit turning into a XENOMORPH is a hell of a lot cooler than shining with the power of mucus

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom