Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 RELEASE THREAD

Eisenheinrich

Scholar
The ING retard reviewer is too dumb to review the game.

Guy that said "too many spells in the game"

afbeelding.png
It's shitpost time:

>Shit on IGN reviewer for being a she/they troon
>Praise BG3 for having she/they troons
Weird times we live in.

TjiUtmK.png

The concept of "drag" dates back to the ancient greece theater and also Romans knew about this. Roman asshole emperor Caligula was known for cross dressing to impersonate the goddess Venus (he was also a sexual degenerate).

So not at all a problem to include an ugly drag queen in a circus in Baldurs Gate.

Last edited:

mindx2

Codex Roaming East Coast Reporter
Patron
Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire RPG Wokedex Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Haven't read much nor did I play any of the EA. Plan on giving this a go when I build my new rig next week. However, the little I have read says that right now this is more of a "Sexual harassment simulator" with you the player being the target of said harassment. Everyone hits on you / wants to sleep with you constantly anytime you choose a nice dialogue response? True / hyperbole? If so does this game allow you to create your own party like Icewind Dale to avoid this cringe?
It's hyperbole but you have to be cold towards your companions. Don't let them dance with you or or teach you magic. You can hire hirelings. They come with a base class but you can respec them and do whatever you want with them, only problem is you need to do an early quest to unlock it. First tomb you find on the beach unlocks the hireling/respec NPC.
I don't know as even the Larian boards have people complaining about this.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire

Here's the TES version of it:

Look, another cave
I enter it because that's what I am supposed to do
Look, 3 enemies
I one-shot them from stealth with my bow
Lots of garbage stewn around the room
I walk further into the cave
I see a very obvious tripwire. It's a trap!
I jump over it
I reach the end of the cave
Someone has placed a chest there
The chest is locked
I play the mini game for the 1000th time
I unlock the chest
I'm at the edge of my seat now
I find a cheese wheel, a spoon and 3 gold coins
Was it worth it? Not really, i dont know, a cheese wheel, a spoon and 3 gold coins, i'll probably skip the next one
Step 1
You forgot finding a "secret", oh so convenient, passage looping back right next to the dungeon entrance, so you don't have to, god forbid, backtrack.

Volrath

Arcane
Patron
Haven't read much nor did I play any of the EA. Plan on giving this a go when I build my new rig next week. However, the little I have read says that right now this is more of a "Sexual harassment simulator" with you the player being the target of said harassment. Everyone hits on you / wants to sleep with you constantly anytime you choose a nice dialogue response? True / hyperbole? If so does this game allow you to create your own party like Icewind Dale to avoid this cringe?
You can hire your own mercs.

BrotherFrank

Nouveau Riche
Patron
True ane not hyperbole and bollocks to anyone who dares say otherwise. Never in ANY rpg have i had to endure so many “i see you as a friend...and something more“. Seriously bioware games get a bad rap but i have never seen anything like this.

If your pc is nice and sociable, it will keep happening, at time of writing i’ve just had bear dude declare his love to me which was just as puzzling as with gale since i NEVER used this character and talked to him like twice.

Don't let them dance with you or or teach you magic.
Like here, this is just an outright lie or distortion of the truth.
The dance scene is when you get hit on and have to reject wyll hard to end it, of course that’s what most straignt dudes will do but it doesn’t change the fact the trigger for this situation is being nice rather then showing interest and you really only have one harsh option to close it down.

I never got the gale teaching magic scene and talked to the guy twice, same as with bear dude. I still got hit on.

Last edited:

ColonelMace

Educated
It's hyperbole but you have to be cold towards your companions. Don't let them dance with you or or teach you magic. You can hire hirelings. They come with a base class but you can respec them and do whatever you want with them, only problem is you need to do an early quest to unlock it. First tomb you find on the beach unlocks the hireling/respec NPC.
I don't know as even the Larian boards have people complaining about this.
Man if even the larian boards mention it, it must mean you can't actually do away with all companions in the game hey ?

Contrarily to Bioware games, you can indeed murder all of these freaks and enjoy the actual game.
If you're a closeted metrosexual I guess you can keep on exploring these vicious dialogues and gasp in shock at their content.
Then you can login on larian boards and complain about the quality of their romances, like any smoothbrain coomling caring about this absolutely inconsequential aspect of the game would do.

Orud

Scholar
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
Hyperbole. The game is certainly horney, but some codexers in this thread are trying hard to sell "do you want to join me in my tent tonight" as being an unclear message that sounded like she wanted to play cards in her tent.

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
True ane not hyperbole and bollocks to anyone who dares say otherwise. Never in ANY rpg have i had to endure so many “i see you as a friend...and something more“. Seriously bioware games get a bad rap but i have never seen anything like this.

If your pc is nice and sociable, it will keep happening, at time of writing i’ve just had bear dude declare his love to me which was just as puzzling as with gale since i NEVER used this character and talked to him like twice.
you probably come across as gay to anyone you talk to

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
You know better than to listen to Codex ratings harvesters.

processdaemon

Scholar
Patron
There's definitely a lot of horniness even if you've shown no interest (and some bugs where the game seems to assume you're in a relationship with some companions when you're not). I'm finding it funny for the most part but if you want to roleplay seriously I can see why it would be offputting. My favourite so far was Gale getting all hot and bothered after watching a harper get his soul eaten and rising from the dead to attack his loved ones

1691666268537.png

Child of Malkav

Erudite

AwesomeButton

Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
IDK dude, looks like winning to me.
So in other words no one knows. Oh well, I'll report back on the development of the situation.
Just making harmless fun, carry on with the tadpoles. I haven't touched them at all, don't suit my PC this time.

Herumor

Scholar
Yeah, most of the female character models in the game are quite on the ugly side
You sure about that? There's more than a few NPCs who look better than your own companions. And they happen to be just randoms in the background, not even pivotal to the story or some sidequest.

Nifft Batuff

Prophet
What the hell happened to the lighting and contrast in this game? Compare this early access:

to this release:

Who the fuck thought the final washed out bright colors look better? And it doesn't look like a graphics downgrade where they downgraded the rendering engine or what not, but an artistic choice?

Shit I wonder if mods can reverse it back

Maybe they are playing with different gamma setting.

AwesomeButton

Patron

you probably come across as gay to anyone you talk to
I know it shouldn't come as a surprise, but I can't get over how many people here fail at reading basic social cues.

- The game allows you to show interest, and to respond to interest shown to you. Yes.
- You could try looking for the meaning behind the words, before clicking the dialog option. But that's either an unknown concept to you, or you consider yourself obligated to click all the dialogue lines.
- You answer to flirting, and/or attempts by the NPC to direct the discussion towards romantic subjects, and then you wonder what happened. It's hilarious. I bet most such complainers are just as clueless IRL.

Are Baldur's Gate 3's social interactions indeed too difficult for hardcore gamers, because they were written realistically, unlike Bioware's? It appears so :lol:

Last edited:

Irxy

Arcane
Project: Eternity
One nice innovation is the "Inspirations" - if you are true to your background in any of a series of about a dozen or so events per background, you get an Inspiration point (max 4 to hodl or spend) which you can use up to reroll an ability check. Quite a neat idea, as it encourages you to stick to the rp flavour you chose
I like the mechanic but those are more like hidden achievements than anything to do with rp.
Since, you know, they are hidden and all over the place, so you get them pretty much at random and not as a result of conscious effort.

dukeofwoodberry

Educated
Hyperbole. The game is certainly horney, but some codexers in this thread are trying hard to sell "do you want to join me in my tent tonight" as being an unclear message that sounded like she wanted to play cards in her tent.
You're a legit faggot for defending this nonsense lol

BrotherFrank

Nouveau Riche
Patron
Why do you lie? Or am i playing a totally different game to the rest of you arguing against this?

I did not do ANYTHING with gale.
For bear druid i made the fatal mistake of offering a drink at the grove after party, nothing about the dialogue suggested i was hitting on him.
What did i do to make squidface hit on me?
Why did wyll think i was going to want to dance with him?
Etc etc etc

Feeling really gaslit over here. If it was one time, ok maybe it was me. Twice? Euh..maybe i missclicked and missed some clear undertones? Thrice? Hum something's weird...
At this point it has become a recurring pattern.

Irxy

Arcane
Project: Eternity
I've just found out that a specific minor NPC that I like dies if you don't develop mind-reading abilities and foresee that you need to go on a time-sensitive sidequest to rescue him. There go five hours of gameplay.
Faggot you can't drop a bomb like that and go away, give us a spoiler!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom