Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 RELEASE THREAD

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Do homosexual characters (or actually, any charcaters) start to come onto you or flirt/hint at relationship options with them before you choose to answer something they say in dialogue with something suggestive or before? If it's only after, I've no issue with it being one of many options in a game about role-playing

It's actually kind of the opposite sometimes - the hints can be subtle and pseudo-realistic enough that the incels here miss them entirely, respond in the affirmative and activate the romance without knowingly doing so.

I was asking the question to anyone who doesn't use "incels" as an insult. You're on an RPG site. Incels built your hobby in a basement in the 70's. I asked a pointed question, but didn't use "woke" or any other lame generalized words. Don't assume folks are involuntarily virgins just because they missed some dumbass fuck line in a bear-fucking game. Incels keep shooting up places, then the people who mock incels wonder why. Pretty stupid buzz word insult, prolonging actual incel's persecution complex. I'll await an actual reply.

oof, that stuck a nerve huh

Oh, absolutely. How could you tell? Was it the words in my reply that you read with your eyes? Guess that MUST be proof I'm one too! I criticized a word's use in this context, so I must BE that word! What a detective. Just make your own identity and stop spouting the same, tired insuits from the current idiotic culture.

you sound very triggered

Do homosexual characters (or actually, any charcaters) start to come onto you or flirt/hint at relationship options with them before you choose to answer something they say in dialogue with something suggestive or before? If it's only after, I've no issue with it being one of many options in a game about role-playing

It's actually kind of the opposite sometimes - the hints can be subtle and pseudo-realistic enough that the incels here miss them entirely, respond in the affirmative and activate the romance without knowingly doing so.

I was asking the question to anyone who doesn't use "incels" as an insult. You're on an RPG site. Incels built your hobby in a basement in the 70's. I asked a pointed question, but didn't use "woke" or any other lame generalized words. Don't assume folks are involuntarily virgins just because they missed some dumbass fuck line in a bear-fucking game. Incels keep shooting up places, then the people who mock incels wonder why. Pretty stupid buzz word insult, prolonging actual incel's persecution complex. I'll await an actual reply.

oof, that stuck a nerve huh

Oh, absolutely. How could you tell? Was it the words in my reply that you read with your eyes? Guess that MUST be proof I'm one too! I criticized a word's use in this context, so I must BE that word! What a detective. Just make your own identity and stop spouting the same, tired insuits from the current idiotic culture.

you sound very triggered

You just repeated the exact same thing you implied in your last response. Just like calling hypothetical strangers "incels" you seem to think that I'm some guy who goes around mocking people who get TRIGGERED, so calling me triggered is some burn. Nah, I just asked a question about the game, hoping for an actual answer, rather than for a dude with thousands of posts on an RPG forum to act as if his entire pasttime and hobby wasn't made by "incels" and that he wasn't likely one, himself, for a time (if not still. I don't know you.). I just found it ironic, but I'm moving on now. You wanna tell me I'm triggered again? That seems to be your thing.

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
SKALD: Against the Black Priory will be a non-horny game:

A new dichotomy is being born in front of our eyes.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Of course the retards on the Steam forums are asking for DLC:

https://steamcommunity.com/app/1086940/discussions/0/6045572169622085641/

Read a bit and there was people mentioning PF:WoTR... First, they ignore that 5E and PF1e are vastly different, in 5e, monsters lack any meaningful nasty abilities that can be deadly at higher levels, high level play in 5e and in pf1e are vastly different. Second, pf:wotr is extremely bloated. Now imagine the same bloat in turn based with very slow animations. PF:WoTr has fast animations and you can speed up it to 3x.

"I am truly not a prune".

images

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
A new dichotomy is being born in front of our eyes
Putting my armchair sociologist hat on:
We've got a generation born in the early 2000s which lives on the internet. Natural social contacts, relationships, romance, and sex, are all things that happen to other people, who narrate the experience on youtube. That they are looking for the things that hormones tell them to look for, but they are looking at the wrong place, is only natural. The internet and videogames are the only spaces they know to look for anything. And the proclivity to look for the magic pill to solve every problem has only increased since the 90s generation.

Last edited:

Space Satan

Arcane
Vatnik
Of course the retards on the Steam forums are asking for DLC:

https://steamcommunity.com/app/1086940/discussions/0/6045572169622085641/

Read a bit and there was people mentioning PF:WoTR... First, they ignore that 5E and PF1e are vastly different, in 5e, monsters lack any meaningful nasty abilities that can be deadly at higher levels, high level play in 5e and in pf1e are vastly different. Second, pf:wotr is extremely bloated. Now imagine the same bloat in turn based with very slow animations. PF:WoTr has fast animations and you can speed up it to 3x.
I FUCKING HATED Baldur's Gate 2=>Throne of Bhaal transition because it was such a faggotry and we literally banded togeter with my friends to burn a CD-RW with working installation to move to another rig. Because there were shitton of issues, bugs and glitches with importing chars and story bits. Hope they will move o Waterdeep\Neverwinter Nights setting, instead of milking BG3 or settle with new companions or Tales of the Sord Coast option - where you have a bonus location added. not a whole continuation.

Lagole Gon

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Pathfinder: Wrath
Kind of weird how much effort went into "C'mon, use the tadpole bro. There's a tadpole skill tree and stuff. I even wear skimpy robes now".

2023-08-10-2338-2.png

I'm curious in what direction it will go. That's the benefit of the alien belgian mind and their shitty writing - it can go in direction unexpected for sane and decent people.

AwesomeButton

Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Good to see a community of healthy people.

but they were also the very first tropes to go once we all got laid in real life.
For the socially disabled generation of the early 2000s, this moment is still far into the future, if it ever comes. They are going the way of Japan's lost generation.

Longes

Augur
Kind of weird how much effort went into "C'mon, use the tadpole bro. There's a tadpole skill tree and stuff. I even wear skimpy robes now".

2023-08-10-2338-2.png

I'm curious in what direction it will go. That's the benefit of the alien belgian mind and their shitty writing - it can go in direction unexpected for sane and decent people.
It goes exactly how you'd expect it to go when you accept strange drugs from a stranger on the Hive(mind).
You get catfished by a male Mind Flayer looking to fuck you.

We've got a generation born in the early 2000s which lives on the internet. Natural social contacts, relationships, romance, and sex, are all things that happen to other people, who narrate the experience on youtube. That they are looking for the things that hormones tell them to look for, but they are looking at the wrong place, is only natural. The internet and videogames are they only spaces they know to look for anything. And the proclivity to look for the magic pill to solve every problem has only increased since the 90s generation.

Woah, there. That's putting yourself in someone else's shoes! Grunker might accuse you of being one of those people! :O
I'm kidding, Grunker. It's behind us.

I actually think there's merit to your theory. However, the people you're describing are the audience for BGIII, right? Are they also the authors of it? Do the devs share the same issues as the demographic or did they cater it to said demo? Also, there's looking for the unobtainable in media, but why SO much of it in a sword-and-sorcery game and why is SO much of it seemingly pandering to orientations and kinks that exist (and always have/always will. Whatever), but which are a very small percentage of the population. Actually , that one's rhetorical. I think I know why those seem to be over-abundant in the game? Why the bear-fucking, though? Mass Effect had sex. The moral panic over that was ludicrous. However, sometimes I think that the slippery slope theory I once mocked might have had some truth to it, after all. Why does the new Baldur's Gate, of all games, need to be so horny? Why not GTA?

These are all sincere questions, but possibly dumb ones if there is info I'm unaware of that's making me assume the extent or nature of such things in the game I've not yet played. Normally I wouldn't even be a part of this conversation until I had played it, but it's sort of one that will yield answers that may help my decision to play it in the first place.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam

I think what is causing this reaction is a combination between the absurd poz (MUST everybody horny all the time?) and dreadful implementation.

If "romances" (so called) was something you had to work to obtain i think we wouldn't be seeing this much reaction but the fact everybody wants to fuck you by the end of act 1 without the player having even put any effort in that direction is annoying even normies.

I would narrow down the issue on two problems specifically. First, gaining trust with NPCs is too easy. Second, sexual outcomes are triggered purely based on the approval meter rather than being separate quests that may require a certain approval level as a baseline but aren't automatically triggered unless one follows through the required steps.

With that said, for those who dislike the gay shit in and of itself, the fact they also shoved it out in the world itself might be a problem. I will report when i start to seeing them, but i suspect the biggest offenders are the origin NPCs.

Longes

Augur

I think what is causing this reaction is a combination between the absurd poz (MUST everybody horny all the time?) with dreadful implementation.

If "romances" (so called) was something you had to work to obtain i think we wouldn't be seeing this much reaction but the fact everybody wants to fuck you by the end of act 1 without the playing having even put any effort in that direction is annoying even normies.

I would narrow down the issue on two problems specifically. First, gaining trust with NPCs is too easy. Second, sexual outcomes are triggered purely based on the approval meter rather than being separate quests that may require a certain approval level as a baseline but aren't automatically triggered unless one follows through the required steps.

With that said, for those who dislike the gay shit in and of itself, the fact they also shoved it out in the world itself might be a problem. I will report when i start to seeing them.

Gamejourno who likes the gay shit is angry anyway because it's not gay in the right way.

And, of course, they all have to be pansexual and attracted to everyone, so that whether you're a dwarf with a giant blue beard or an 8 foot tall dragon lady, they're all ready to go. I can understand an RPG wanting to give the player the maximum possible choice for their romances, but sexuality should be a significant part of a character's personality. When everyone's just playersexual, there's no real representation at all.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
We've got a generation born in the early 2000s which lives on the internet. Natural social contacts, relationships, romance, and sex, are all things that happen to other people, who narrate the experience on youtube. That they are looking for the things that hormones tell them to look for, but they are looking at the wrong place, is only natural. The internet and videogames are they only spaces they know to look for anything. And the proclivity to look for the magic pill to solve every problem has only increased since the 90s generation.

Woah, there. That's putting yourself in someone else's shoes! Grunker might accuse you of being one of those people! :O
I'm kidding, Grunker. It's behind us.

I actually think there's merit to your theory. However, the people you're describing are the audience for BGIII, right? Are they also the authors of it? Do the devs share the same issues as the demographic or did they cater it to said demo? Also, there's looking for the unobtainable in media, but why SO much of it in a sword-and-sorcery game and why SO much of it seemingly orientations and kinks that are fine, but a very small percentage of the population, yet seem to be over-abundant in the game? Why the bear-fucking? Mass Effect had sex. The moral panic over that was ludicrous. However, sometimes I think that the slippery slope theory I once mocked might have had some truth to it, after all. Why does the new Baldur's Gate, of all games, need to be so horny? Why not GTA?

These are all sincere questions, but possibly dumb ones if there is info I'm unaware of that's making me assume the extent or nature of such things in the game I've not yet played. Normally I wouldn't even be a part of this conversation until I had played it, but it's sort of one that will yield answers that may help my decision to play it in the first place.

Does it have to be more complicated than “sex sells”?

It’s just that unlike yesteryear, you can’t sell chainmail bikini sex because it’s politically incorrect, so everything is veiled progressiveness instead.

AwesomeButton

Patron
the people you're describing are the audience for BGIII, right? Are they also the authors of it?
To some extent the demographics intersect. There are lots of people in their 20s in Larian, including its writing team, aren't there?
Why the bear-fucking?
Swen himself has answered that they meant it more as a joke than anything else, and they underestimated the viral effect it would have.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom